Hunchie...

9 replies to this topic

#1 XiminettXL

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Catalonia

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

All experienced pilots say that the best starter friendly mech are a medium mech named Hunchback.

My first mech on this account it's a Rifleman (spend the first 25 matches cbills on it),with it,i killed 3 assaults me solo (those assaults doesn't have good weaponery)

But later i tryed a Marauder 3C with 1 ac20 and 4 er medium lasers.Its firepower is brutal,but between matches i watched a Hunchie and i think why not??? Every experienced pilots say that one of the best starter pilots friendly mechs (i'm not new btw) is a Hunchback. And i sold the Marauder to buy the Hunchback 4G.

I put this loadout: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a6a5f99ddec86d4

I killed a Night Gyr with brute force of AC20 and lazors.

I think i underrated that mech potential and underrated veteran pilots tips.

I found my new favorite mech. Thanks for read,i only want to share this entusiasm with this medium beast.

See ya!

Edited by XiminettXL, 25 September 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#2 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Glad you like the Hunchback. There are many of us on here whom really enjoy it, and its ability to tank damage and dish it out.

I have yet to find a time and place when I cannot make a difference in that mech.
If you Enjoy the Rifleman , you should try the BlackJack as well, Its a lighter medium than the HBK, but it is a great ridge poker and a decent chassis as well.

Enjoy!

#3 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

Hunchback 4g is a simple, durable, economical efficient grunt mech. Mine is build on a 250std and now mount 3ermed and a lbx20. With the limited ammo count, i decided to favor the lb20x with is better accuracy and longer range if needed.

I think the Hunchie is the most new player friendly mech.

#4 DemonicDonut

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

Don't forget the 4P as an energy boat. I generally use ER med, std 275 and extra HS. Pulse can be fun too, but I find limited range annoying.

I also have the 4SP. It's not my favorite, but can be enjoyable. I haven't tried it with MRMs yet, but I've had mediocre success with them. I used to use it for LRM harassing, when called for, when I was in a unit. It makes a descent SRM brawler as well, but I wish it had 1 more SRM slot...

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

To think there was a day that metamechs shunned the hunchback.it was the second mech I played. The first being a Jenner. Still have seven IS hunchbacks (including hero and founder's edition.) They were tanky without the quirks

Me in the 4G.
https://www.youtube....ch?=ZLEOf9G4jQc

Edited by Koniving, 25 September 2017 - 08:15 PM.

#6 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

Ohh don't sell mechs.. If you are enjoying the game, try to pick up at least 7 bucks worth of MC to buy mech bays. C-bills are much harder to get after you get past your first 25 games.

That said, you might wanna just restart your account especially if you spent money on upgrades. Basically a new account can get you 2-3 mechs depending what you buy and then some upgrades, after that it takes a while to skill up and earn new mechs.

As for the Hunchback, they are just solid mechs. Tanky and can put out good damage. the 4G, 4P, 4SP are all great mechs, the 4H and 4J are a bit more niche.

As a big fan of innersphere, a hunchback, Thunder bolt 5SS and then a light, perhaps a javelin are good starter mechs to see what you enjoy and get rolling. Clan mechs on the other hand are a bit more flexible with the OMNI system, in that case i would say a stormcrow and a hellbringer or timberwolf are a good place for a new player to start.

Enjoy!

#7 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:56 AM

They are really fun for quickplay. You can upgrade your build though.
Standard
Light Engine
Tweak ammo and armor and engine to taste, as long as you have 3 lasers and the 20.

Always use an AC20 with the 4G for the 10% cd. Stack it further with the weapon tree and you'll be slinging AC20 slugs with haste.

Edited by Roughneck45, 26 September 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#8 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:49 PM

First three I bought, back when you still needed 3 mechs to fully ‘upgrade’. Love my 4G and 4P. they’re good to play and do damage and make me money. Not as much as my Black Widow, but still good. I have come to love my 4SP when I learned a bit more patience, positioning and map awareness.

To go ‘Thump’ with that AC20 for most of the match, you WILL ruin someone’s day quite decidedly and have fun doing it. I put 3 ERLL on the 4P and just go ZAAAAPPP from mid- to long-range distance, sticking with the group. Pretty good when I want to blow off some steam and not have to pay too much attention (like I should when playing Lights), or not being a drag on the team (by being unfocused in a Heavy or an Assault)

The 4SP I kitted out with 2xSRM6’s and been fiddling with ammo and additional lasers a lot. Matches have been very hit and miss, but getting better. My most glorious day was somewhere on the flank of Grim Plexus. Me and another medium bumped into a Linebacker and a Kodiak. The Kodiak went to hug my teammate, and the Linebacker tried to kite me. Badly. So I ripped his CT out. My teammate did not survive the bearhug, but did some damage and I managed with some luck to dance under the Kodiak’s fire while tearing through armour and core. I can’t remember if that match was a win or not and do not care.

Got a standing Kodiak arm in an event at some point and placed it in the 4SP cockpit. That trooper earned it.

#9 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Triple AC2 I find pretty good as well.

#10 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:39 AM

Never underestimate the killing power of a simple AC20/medium laser build.

It works on the Hunchback, it works on the Blackjack, it works on the Cataphract, and it works on many other IS mechs. It provides a solid pinpoint damage punch and is a great build for those learning how to torso twist. Fire, twist away for a few seconds, then twist back when the four second cooldown is about to expire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users