#21 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:52 PM

View PostRelishcakes, on 28 September 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Thought about it..my right arm on my cougar does like 28 per shot..so..i could easily hit over 40.

Like i said earlier. I felt that was a good game for me given the circumstance.

Before the potato cSPL Nerf Id run a ACH and think... Oh yeah I had a good game. Maybe 300dmg... It would be 800+

A good game is when you constantly pressure in a light. W key all the way.

#22 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 28 September 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

The issue here isn't PSR shenanigans, IMHO - it's the preoccupation people have with Kills. Kills are pretty close to an irrelevant stat as far as overall performance goes, yet for some reason kills and KDR are the shining metric that everyone measures their skill against.

Kill Most Damage Dealt and Solo Kills are far more solid metrics, yet aside from your own results screen, you never see them. I wish they were measured on your stats page, and in the EOM summary screen.

Without those, though, I feel as though match score is probably the best way to grade your performance, yet even that fails to take into account the impact some players have on a match. A squirrel that tangles up 5 enemies will likely be too defensive to score big numbers, yet they probably secured the win for their team. Likewise, the brave Atlas pilot that wades headlong into the thick of a fight probably isn't going to survive long enough to dish out extreme damage, yet the return fire they soak probably allowed their team to carry the day. Or, the MadCatMKII player, with his terrifying and mighty splat build, cornered with little team support and unable to move out of cover, yet able to hold back several enemy mechs through intimidation and fear.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, some of the most important contributions are hard to measure. Don't put all your faith in kills as a way to guage your performance, and try not to cheapen your own performance by relying only on your match score to measure your contribution.

I posted in the Feature forum, to have a stats tab that listed all the bonuses we get in-game, ie KDMM, Assists, Components Destroyed, etc. I find those more useful than the current stats available. A positive step towards de-emphasis on KD will be good for the game I feel.

#23 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:18 AM

Correct, each NEW account starts in Tier 5 (not sure the percentage) so a vet creating an alt account then with the right mech hit Tier 3 quickly, but with 10 games? I am not sure but I have seen some who posted their numbers but I do not recall what they were but it was done in a few days. Also remember that there is a cadet bonus for the first 25 matches but I do not believe that actually affects the match score itself but simply the XP/GXP/Cbill payout.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 29 September 2017 - 03:20 AM.

#24 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:32 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 29 September 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

Correct, each NEW account starts in Tier 5 (not sure the percentage) so a vet creating an alt account then with the right mech hit Tier 3 quickly, but with 10 games? I am not sure but I have seen some who posted their numbers but I do not recall what they were but it was done in a few days. Also remember that there is a cadet bonus for the first 25 matches but I do not believe that actually affects the match score itself but simply the XP/GXP/Cbill payout.

While it maybe possible to do so previously, but I'm mainly concerned about the now. Someone in T1 created a smurf account recently and it took him/her 71-72 games to get to T4. But some claim that they can do it in 10 games, and to T3 no less.

#25 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

yes what this means is if you got 12 kills getting a head shot on each kill so you only did 240 damage your skill would still go down if your team lost.

this is a troll post

#26 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:10 AM

I created an alt and hit Tier 3 in 3 games. 3 1000+ games and Tier 3.

#27 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

The score is a penalty. The higher the tier you get, the tougher opponents you get. The longer you can stay on low tiers the easier your playing will be.

Correct, tier 5 is start. My cousin Donald Trump Kerensky reached tier 3 in just few games, so there is some kind of acceleration process, but my own alt has about 150 games and it's still at tier 4, while the match score average is about 400 and W/L rate is about 2.0.

My alt is teer5 kerensky.

#28 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

You're first few matches (PGI won't say how many) are heavily weighted. You do really well (and your team wins ) you can go up quickly. You do poorly or your team loses, you can cement your self in lower tiers.

#29 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

quote: "kills mean nothing if you arent scoring 500+ damage?"

Yeah man, you got to have that 500 damage.
Its not arbitrary either... it was a very carefully calculated number indicating that if you got less than that you must be punished.
LOL... (end sarcasm).

I agree with OP... if you are in the top 20% of your team your score should go up even when you loose.
Its called a curve, and for games I really think its okay to do.
What ever they are doing to make your score go up no matter what needs to stop,
In fact they need to start everyone back at 0 and start over with a better formula.

Edited by Dread Render, 29 September 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#30 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

It's true tho. You do decent damage on a loss, and you still get a psr up arrow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users