Circle Of Death Map

10 replies to this topic

#1 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:00 AM

MWO is in need of a Circle of Death map (1 vs 1). I can not tell pilots how to fight, or ever will give them skills. And my opinion the majority, of all the years watching, of pilots do not know how to fight. When I fight one on one, I am a danger to the opponent, unless I am critical, or yet getting help from a team mate (either side). All I see is sniping, the waiting game, of course the LRM boater and the famous "Narrow minded, vision", that is not paying attention to the whole battle situation (only in front). You can just tell, they are not looking on that mini map display of friendlies. I have watched a pilot just firing like crazy, then banging into stuff around them. That is how the MWO battlefield is. Really terrible tactics, no formation, just the group up, and of course the death ball (maybe), then the enemy spread out kicking butt. But what can you say. You do need team work. And then the pathetic pilots banging into each other getting a team damage, when your team mate pilot banged into you. They are not paying attention all around (back, front, sides) of where team mates is, just walking looking forward. Their is the annoying continuous backing up, then forward, hiding, repeat. So in my skills since MW3, you have to hold back 200m to avoid being banged into from a friendly backing up all of a sudden. And that pilot in front is not aware of you behind him/her following. When following a team mate, move on right or left side about 100-200m behind try to match speed. Not on your friendlies back (tailgating). You can just hear the frustration on headphone of a friendly to another friendly. I feel the need to write this frustration of what mechwarrior "Battletech" is all about. The honor, the hand to hand combat, is not MWO. Just a shooting game. When sitting back destroying the enemy, with LRMs, or Sniping from a rooftop or where ever, while your friendlies is fighting the enemy (5 on 1 for example). You take the kill, and then go around "Oh man, I kick ***". I am on Tier 1, and so on. Doesn't make sense.

#2 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:04 AM

View PostGuardDogg, on 29 September 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

MWO is in need of a Circle of Death map (1 vs 1). I can not tell pilots how to fight, or ever will give them skills. And my opinion the majority, of all the years watching, of pilots do not know how to fight. When I fight one on one, I am a danger to the opponent, unless I am critical, or yet getting help from a team mate (either side). All I see is sniping, the waiting game, of course the LRM boater and the famous "Narrow minded, vision", that is not paying attention to the whole battle situation (only in front). You can just tell, they are not looking on that mini map display of friendlies. I have watched a pilot just firing like crazy, then banging into stuff around them. That is how the MWO battlefield is. Really terrible tactics, no formation, just the group up, and of course the death ball (maybe), then the enemy spread out kicking butt. But what can you say. You do need team work. And then the pathetic pilots banging into each other getting a team damage, when your team mate pilot banged into you. They are not paying attention all around (back, front, sides) of where team mates is, just walking looking forward. Their is the annoying continuous backing up, then forward, hiding, repeat. So in my skills since MW3, you have to hold back 200m to avoid being banged into from a friendly backing up all of a sudden. And that pilot in front is not aware of you behind him/her following. When following a team mate, move on right or left side about 100-200m behind try to match speed. Not on your friendlies back (tailgating). You can just hear the frustration on headphone of a friendly to another friendly. I feel the need to write this frustration of what mechwarrior "Battletech" is all about. The honor, the hand to hand combat, is not MWO. Just a shooting game. When sitting back destroying the enemy, with LRMs, or Sniping from a rooftop or where ever, while your friendlies is fighting the enemy (5 on 1 for example). You take the kill, and then go around "Oh man, I kick ***". I am on Tier 1, and so on. Doesn't make sense.

1.) How you THINK pilots should play. That is a BIG difference. Especially comming from a guy who demanded to stand around all match alone, "guarding" some important spot, which shows that you lack even basic understanding of the game.
2.) Unstructured wall of text (but at least you know what punctuation is). TBH, I got lost following the endless thought stream somewhere between line no idea and dunno.

'nuff said.

Edited by Paigan, 29 September 2017 - 02:05 AM.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:39 AM

We do have a 1v1 map. It is only used in private lobby though. Don't worry Solaris mode is coming up soon for all your 1v1 needs. Soon ™.

#4 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:06 AM

I thought that we already had a circle of death map which was, or at least used to be, called Caustic Valley.

Heck, PGI likes Circles of Death so much they created Domination mode around it.

Edited by TLBFestus, 29 September 2017 - 07:07 AM.

#5 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:10 AM

Old Terra Therma was the Circle of Death map - New Terra Therma still has that spot does it?

#6 DerMaulwurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationPotato Tier

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

Oh man, mighty 0.87WL/0.6kd pilot ranting about 'pathetic pilots'.

First, you become a net-asset to your team. Then, you can start complaining about others.

#7 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

View PostDerMaulwurf, on 29 September 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

Oh man, mighty 0.87WL/0.6kd pilot ranting about 'pathetic pilots'.

First, you become a net-asset to your team. Then, you can start complaining about others.

I am a danger to the opponent, unless I am critical, or yet getting help from a team mate (either side).

Ok then

#8 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

MWO is in need of a Circle of Death map (1 vs 1). I can not tell pilots how to fight, or ever will give them skills.

And my opinion the majority, of all the years watching, of pilots do not know how to fight. When I fight one on one, I am a danger to the opponent, unless I am critical, or yet getting help from a team mate (either side).

All I see is sniping, the waiting game, of course the LRM boater and the famous "Narrow minded, vision", that is not paying attention to the whole battle situation (only in front). You can just tell, they are not looking on that mini map display of friendlies. I have watched a pilot just firing like crazy, then banging into stuff around them. That is how the MWO battlefield is.

Really terrible tactics, no formation, just the group up, and of course the death ball (maybe), then the enemy spread out kicking butt. But what can you say. You do need team work. And then the pathetic pilots banging into each other getting a team damage, when your team mate pilot banged into you. They are not paying attention all around (back, front, sides) of where team mates is, just walking looking forward. Their is the annoying continuous backing up, then forward, hiding, repeat.

So in my skills since MW3, you have to hold back 200m to avoid being banged into from a friendly backing up all of a sudden. And that pilot in front is not aware of you behind him/her following. When following a team mate, move on right or left side about 100-200m behind try to match speed.

Not on your friendlies back (tailgating). You can just hear the frustration on headphone of a friendly to another friendly. I feel the need to write this frustration of what mechwarrior "Battletech" is all about. The honor, the hand to hand combat, is not MWO. Just a shooting game. When sitting back destroying the enemy, with LRMs, or Sniping from a rooftop or where ever, while your friendlies is fighting the enemy (5 on 1 for example). You take the kill, and then go around "Oh man, I kick ***". I am on Tier 1, and so on. Doesn't make sense.

Now more readable!

#9 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 29 September 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

Old Terra Therma was the Circle of Death map - New Terra Therma still has that spot does it?

Dammit I forgot about old Terrible Thermos. You're right, you could make a good case for it being the ultimate circle of death map.

#10 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 29 September 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

Yes it does, and it's an even stronger defensive position than the old one.

#11 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 29 September 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

Yes it does, and it's an even stronger defensive position than the old one.

SHHHHHHHH.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users