Set Goals Low, Mission Accomplished

9 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

So I had no where near enough time to do this event, even though a new shiny rocket girl would of been cool, and another coconut monkey..

But instead i got "dawn" on both accounts, with my main getting an extra because of supporter pack. To bad i couldn't play enough to get the full thing.. But I'm happy.

PS, PGI, feel free to make Dawn a reward in the future.. Fairies for all my mechs!

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

One way to get the challenge done faster is to comb through TS servers and drop with a good unit for the duration of the event.

#3 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 October 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

One way to get the challenge done faster is to comb through TS servers and drop with a good unit for the duration of the event.

My problem is not the winning part, it's the RNG of getting the right mode:
Posted Image

#4 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostVxheous, on 04 October 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

My problem is not the winning part, it's the RNG of getting the right mode:

Yeah, I just dropped during the Assault phase and while I was matchmaking, the IS won and bumped it back to Conquest. By the time my Conquest match ended, the Clanners won the entire Assault phase and it's Incursion time now.

I guess I'll check back in 6 hours, but if I don't get it then, then I'm just out of luck.

Edited by Kanil, 04 October 2017 - 06:19 PM.

#5 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

Welcome to the club:
https://mwomercs.com...llenge-details/

#6 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:44 AM

There are no phases now, it is random throughout bar, except ends where chance of getting siege match is higher.

#7 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

I think there are 6 phases. For both sides, you can see the notches on the tug of war bar, total of 12.

And that different phases have different chances.
https://mwomercs.com...id=1859#newtech

I don't think it still makes much sense to try get particular mode by waiting, because it's not fixed and the phases can move very fast as there are lots of games going on.

#8 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:28 AM

Hey...at least you had a chance, there are some that still can;t see the events in the browser...thanks PGI for ignoring the data you were sent.

#9 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

View PostSmokeGuar, on 05 October 2017 - 02:44 AM, said:

There are no phases now, it is random throughout bar, except ends where chance of getting siege match is higher.

No.

Each Phase in the tug of war delineated by those bars you see represent a phase where a certain game mode has a higher chance of rolling.

Phase 1 is 40% skirmish, 40% Siege, 5% for each of the remaining game modes.
Phase 2 is 40% domination/40% siege...
Phase 3 is 40% conquest/40% siege...
Phase 4 is 40% assault...
Phase 5 is 40% incursion...
Phase 6 is 75% Siege 5% other modes

#10 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 October 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

well actually i have been thinking about trying to find some like minded folks to join up with. BUT I don't have a ton of time to invest right now due to health reasons, my time is very limited.

So even with this event in a good group i couldn't have played enough to finish it unless i got really lucky on the draws. So i made a small goal that i could do in a few matches over a few nights.

Yes, my small goal made me happy :)

View PostAJBennett, on 05 October 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

Hey...at least you had a chance, there are some that still can;t see the events in the browser...thanks PGI for ignoring the data you were sent.

My atl account i had an issue with it, but i left the game idling for about 5 mins and it popped up.. Might of been longer, i went into the other room and ate.. so more likely was running 15+ mins.

Have you sent PGI a DXdiag to support, perhaps there is a hardware/driver issue that is causing this. It is effecting a limited number of people, adn those are the hardest bugs to find.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users