Faction Play Drop Deck Challenge

10 replies to this topic

#1 eveofmana

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:14 AM

What are the chances for getting the event to be easier for people without a lot of time? I work 12 hour shifts 4 days out of the week. Problem I see is the "win this random mode", as we can't choose the mode we fight in, and winning is depending on the situation. The matches themselves can take the full duration of the game clock, and I find it hard to participate for this event.

If you allowed players two methods to earn prizes, like win or gain a match score for a single challenge entry, it'd be easier for players like myself to have fun and not stress out over the events. Which is what the events supposed to be about, right? I know I don't want to play through over 8 matches that wont count only to finally get a domination and lose out on the prize cuz we lost that game.

#2 Riven

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

Same. This event's time limit is too short for the amount actions required.

#3 Tony59880

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

I have to agree. It kind of reminds me of that incursion event back when that game mode was introduced and very few people were being offered the option to play it.

I dont think that event goals should be based on some random thing that you have no control over.

It would also be nice if it were kills or kmdd like we've seen in passed events.

#4 Riven

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

One other thing. The even prizes are not even that worthy of the time. Just my humble opinion but the arcade deals, everyone already got and the MC is so minimal that $14 MC package is worth more. Again, time vs money. On a positive note, at least it was not a cash grab event like the Hero mech event. That was just blatant.

#5 King Pest

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:34 AM

I'm OK with the prizes. I dont need to get rewards worth over 10$ by playing a F2P-Game-Challenge. And the grinding keeps the community together and the game alive.

But i'm really sad about those "win this random mode"-Challenge. I've just no luck at those and come out empty. I won't need more time, i just need to actually take a influence on the outcome and the motivation that comes with it. I guess i'll skip them next time.
Another Problem is the unballanced goals you have to achieve. For example in the Go-Ballistic-Challenges i got the AC-2-Goal after one game and the AC-20-Goal after ~15 games. You can fit more than one weapon of the same type in one mech, you know? Posted Image
Despite this little problem, that was the kind of challenge i like.

KMDD, damage, kills, assists, something like "get uav-detection", "destroy uav" or "disrupt ECM".... Those are the goals i want in a challenge. Something that bolsters my humongous ego, when i achieve it before my unit-mates do. Posted Image Not something i hate my team for when i loose the match.

#6 Bkmzna

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

After completion of other tasks of this event I played last 3 days for about 5-6 hours only trying to get victory in assault mode. I got assault once and result was tie. And about one third of all matches was siege.

Edited by Bkmzna, 04 October 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#7 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

I want to add my voice to the clamor: I thought PGI learned their lesson with the Incursion Challenge. I went the first three days of the challenge without even SEEING Assault or Domination, and I was playing a good 5-6 hours each day: from when I get home from work to long after I should be asleep. Siege was about 90% of the modes coming up, because that's where the slider was always at. It seemed like if you clicked "fight now" within the first three seconds of the 8-hour window, you got a match (usually Skirmish). After that, you Searched for 20 to 30 minutes for the next match, by which point, all that would come up was Siege.

Also, challenge rewards that are within the control of the player: damage, kills, kmdd, etc (which, by the way, Kills/KMDD needs to be the norm. I had SO many KMDD, but never got kills). This "win this mode" when you can't ever find it? Not cool, PGI. Not cool.

#8 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

Event I have to work at, even with time constraints. Those are meaningful and enjoyable when you actually complete them. IT's work but pays. When its RNG and you not only have to get said mode and WIN condition. Sadistic. Tedious. BS.

#9 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

+1 for events with requirements that are linked to an RNG value being stupid. I completed the event btw but it was still dumb.

#10 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

You're lucky that you were able to complete it. I was hoping they would extend the deadline for it, but alas, they did not, and I was unable to finish. Along, I am sure, with at least half of the population that was frustratedly trying.

#11 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

View Posteveofmana, on 01 October 2017 - 03:14 AM, said:

What are the chances for getting the event to be easier for people without a lot of time? I work 12 hour shifts 4 days out of the week. Problem I see is the "win this random mode", as we can't choose the mode we fight in, and winning is depending on the situation. The matches themselves can take the full duration of the game clock, and I find it hard to participate for this event.

If you allowed players two methods to earn prizes, like win or gain a match score for a single challenge entry, it'd be easier for players like myself to have fun and not stress out over the events. Which is what the events supposed to be about, right? I know I don't want to play through over 8 matches that wont count only to finally get a domination and lose out on the prize cuz we lost that game.

if it where only 8, trust me, very few folks got all modes in less than 25 games...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users