#1 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

I don't know....

Trying dual LB20-X + SRM's on both.

I keep reading that the MC-2 has the edge overall but I'm finding that the smaller, tighter profile of the Scorch gives it better survivability. The MC struts like a tall rooster with two big ears waiting to be shot off..

Anyone else feel the same way? Or am I missing something?

#2 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:36 PM

Well a big deciding factor is that the Scorch will always be MC only

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

The MC2 is better because it can SRM6 instead of SRM4 like the Scorch (which is lighter).

#4 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:52 AM

I tried both and so far I'm doing better in the MCII. The first time I took it out with 2xLB20-X and 4xasrm6 I got four kills and the highest damage, match score, payout and xp I've had since I started playing MWO about six months ago. I like that I can fire over the heads of friendly mechs when focus-firing on an opponent.

That said, I have more matches in the MCII than the Scorch so that skews the results.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 02 October 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#5 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

Just my 2 cents, but I think that the MCII has higher hardpoints. Also, it can add a jump jet or two in, which really helps when dropping from a height, clearing terrain or popping up to alpha.

#6 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:41 PM

BOTH DO 4 SRM 6 AND 2 LBX 20

1vs1 scorch better

but the mad cat has higher mounts, so you can use it to farm enemyes on grim portico defense, with the scorch you would just shoot the floor

#7 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

The mounts on the MCII make it capable of close range trading in addition to steamrolling like the scorch does. Also having a Jump jet rules.

#8 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 October 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

The MC2 is better because it can SRM6 instead of SRM4 like the Scorch (which is lighter).
I call BS. My Scorch runs quad6A just fine.

#9 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

It depends on what you want, at the same top speed, the MCII has slightly more ammo and or bigger launchers, but both of them are more then capable of using teh same build. The scorch also lacks missile shoulder boxes which makes it ALOT less likely to loose its STs instantly and while a skilled player or something to my side can remove a ST reliably, in solo drops its pretty rare for teh STs to go before everything is crit and opened up, so yeah, it spreads damage at least from the front much better. The MCII's shoulder boxes are the same issue with teh timby, they are high up so people can hit ya before you clear cover, and they allow the enemy to hit your ST even when you are shielding effectively (on the scorch if i really want to i can direct 100% of the enemy fire away from a given ST, MCII with boxes, not so much unless i am at perfect 90deg angle from them).

All in all, because of the way the hitboxes and hardpoints are setup, the scorch is a bit better at pushing, while the MCII is better at hillhumping or poking (and it can bring a JJ or 2 if you are ok with loosing ammo, heatsinks, and or speed). The MCII also has a few quality of life attributes, like higher ammo capacity for a given speed and the ability to stick artemis on all 4 launchers without killing its mobility (you can do 2AC/LBX20/GR with 4SRM6A, but you arent gonna be able to do that with a XL340, and any less then that makes it super hard to get in and out of brawl range).

Finally, worth mentioning that the MCII is VERY likely to get nerfed on CB release (its really only teh deathstrike that is stupidly broken, but looking at PGI history its very likely ALL the MCII models will get shafted). I have no idea how much itll get nerfed, but im expecting its agility to go down to be something between the mad2c (which is already pretty lousy) and the KDK3/100T mechs. That and prolly all quirks are gonna go too...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users