General

17 replies to this topic

#1 Daruwind

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

To whoever is responsible for this piece of cake.

WE CANNOT GET THE RIGHT MODE SO CAN WE CANNOT COMPLETE CHALLANGE!!!!!!!!!

**typical gargabe randomness... :/// FIX it ASAP!!

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

You still have 3.5 days left to complete it. It is simply PGI's way of trying to keep FP population high for a week.

Tweeting Russ is more effective than a forum rant. https://twitter.com/russ_bullock

Edited by El Bandito, 01 October 2017 - 05:56 PM.

#3 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

They need to set the rewards to make people change out the loadouts of their quickplay builds into a proper faction deck and then you will help the masses understand that CW is not quickplay - it plays differently.

#4 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

See the bright side: finally a solo kill counter! For each mech class! Yay!

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostLovas, on 01 October 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

They need to set the rewards to make people change out the loadouts of their quickplay builds into a proper faction deck and then you will help the masses understand that CW is not quickplay - it plays differently.

But why should I bring an optimised loadout just like the mode dictates?

I will do my own thing and there is nothing you are going to do that will stop me.

But I'll be on the forums in 24hrs to complain about how my poor choices have meant that I am having a poor experience.

#6 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

Oh yay siege attack... again... (when i want conq or Dom) not sure which team had more lurms, we had more disco's

Edit: so I could wait 10-20 more minutes hoping that rng is kind in terms or team & game mode... okay 5 minute wait... siege defence (at least the wait time is dropping)... I really hate events linked to winning lots of specific game modes...

Edited by chucklesMuch, 01 October 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#7 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostLovas, on 01 October 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

or as people like me do, just stop playing the game altogether while the attempt at forcing FP on us still limps away to failure.

#8 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, I warned against these sort of events before..

Any time you have to get a win in a specific mode, it's completion is totally out of your hands.. even if you get the mode, you are only 1 of 12, and even if you carry like a boss, other people can still cost you the win.. so it tends to get VERY frustrating.

I get what PGI is trying to do here.. its basically a "just keep playing as much as possible" type event.. but some pople have real-life stuff, and it gets very frustrating for them.

As with anything else.. PGI does not think these things trough..

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 01 October 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

Yeah, I warned against these sort of events before..

Any time you have to get a win in a specific mode, it's completion is totally out of your hands.. even if you get the mode, you are only 1 of 12, and even if you carry like a boss, other people can still cost you the win.. so it tends to get VERY frustrating.

Core part of the problem. Viewing it as "one".

You need to be 12 - part of a team, play like it. Win. It's very simple.

#10 Zeoraimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:13 AM

Yep, designed to keep you playing. More cannon fodder.

Are you having fun spending hours and hours not completing the challenge, where as someone else could get 7 wins in a row and cover all 6 game modes + 1 Scouting? Fair level of effort?

Don't get me wrong, there has to be some grind somewhere, but a RNG grind is massively frustrating. Spend an hour or 2 with nothing to show for it is bad, but spending 5+ hours grind with nothing to show for it is completely disengaging. Thats how you loose players.

Can you tell I've been burnt by RNG map/mode selection in the past?

Event that kept me playing, were "the more you play, the more you get rewarded" type of events. Like get 150 MS get extra XXX,XXX Cbills to a maximum of YY million Cbills. There is a minimum requirement, and a maximum reward which can be set sensibly.

#11 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:30 AM

Oh Boy..........

There are a few Forrest Gump comments above and I won't be condensending.....

WHY play something you KNOW isn't going to work the way your instinct says it won't.....
Insanity is "repeating the same actions over and over again and then expecting diffrerent outcomes..."

FP is screwed up to the point of abandonment; and, unless you are part of an advanced skills team and have all sorts of luck, well, be prepared to be disappointed.... I have been listening to QP PUG players for days complaining and whining and frustrated to insanity over this event. I have had other advanced players trying to talk me into playing as part of "assembled" teams because they couldn't find ANYONE ELSE....... Geeze, what, does that say PGI?

I will not play FP. The team I am on seems not to want to either; and. in fact, haven't dropped as a team in months......

The event has no "value" in what it provides..... What will 600 MC buy when compared to the investment of time? What? How are the dozens of average player hours "value-Added"? Good grief.

#12 Zeoraimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

View PostAsym, on 02 October 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

I defo sat this one out. I've been playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided, on instant death mode. Its quite fun. There is new content for me to explore in the DLCs.

#13 ThaWolf

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

Worst, "Event" ever, Solokills in FW, sure that will help the teamplay, when everybody tries to get thier stats no matter the Map or Objective.

Totally moronic and a waste of time, i guess i log out for a year again FW/MWO is going nowhere but Pay2win and Cosmectics are getting the focus and i still cant shoot trees and cars...

Edited by ThaWolf, 02 October 2017 - 08:12 AM.

#14 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

View PostThaWolf, on 02 October 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Worst, "Event" ever, Solokills in FW, sure that will help the teamplay, when everybody tries to get thier stats no matter the Map or Objective.

I really noticed this in a couple of the conquest matches :/ Don't really get it though, as solo kills aren't that hard/rare?

#15 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostThaWolf, on 02 October 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Totally moronic and a waste of time, i guess i log out for a year again FW/MWO is going nowhere but Pay2win and Cosmectics are getting the focus and i still cant shoot trees and cars...

Solo kills are easy this week....so, so many tier 4 and tier 5 pilots playing FW, who do not seem to know what "torso twist" is or why they might not want to let me alpha them in the CT twice in 4 seconds..

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 02 October 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#16 Daruwind

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

15 more matches done. No assault no incursion.....utter garbage!

#17 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

It only took me two days to complete it. You just have to time FP, there is a 40% chance to get the mode you want at certain phases.

Conquest is 40% in phase 3 for example.

#18 H4WK

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:51 AM

Ive played at least 30 games of FW since the event started and i still havnt seen an incursion yet

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users