Youtube Lag?

General

7 replies to this topic

#1 CJPowell1337

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

Often throughout my MWO sessions ill ALT+Tab over to my web browser and look things up or search youtube videos for ideas and such. No other sites give me any problems, but whenever I decide to use youtube I get an extreme amount of lag ONLY on the web browser, it doesn't lag in game.

This is only when MWO is running.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any fixes or ideas to what is causing me this problem?

#2 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

Its because MWO is using all (most) of your internet connection. Kind of basic understanding of bandwidth there.

#3 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:23 AM

Could be a couple of things, but the most obvious (And likely) one is that online videos are bandwidth hogs, and don't really like it when your doing something else online, like maintaining a constant connection to an online game.

You can check your internet here to see what you're working with, by the way. May enlighten you.

Posted Image

#4 CJPowell1337

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

Using the speed test Bombast provided, I did receive a 40 Mbps drop, going from 122 Mbps to 83. This is to be expected, but I still don't understand the cause of complete site lag.

I do not mean when I'm watching videos, but on the main page itself or searching videos. The videos themselves play fine.

No other sites give me this issue. Twitch, Fb, Etc

No extensions installed that could also cause issues.

#5 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

My guess is that's it's an issue with you're combination of:
Browser and it's hardware acceleration with you're hardware/drivers while the game is open

Chrome uses the GPU to accelerate and take some things off the CPU for instance

Easiest thing would be to try out a different browser
Should take only minutes to get that done , and just having a looksie if the problem persists

And/or

You could try disabling the acceleration in chrome
Maybe it does something

Googled up something quick

http://www.techadvis...chrome-3605455/

Just an idea

Edited by Peter2k, 05 October 2017 - 06:57 PM.

#6 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

I'm going to go with Peter2k on this - Your internet is way above the point where it could cause this (Unlike mine, which is running full bore 90% of the time). Definitely something inside the box is choking.

#7 CJPowell1337

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:12 PM

I use Microsoft Edge mostly, but did test both Chrome and Firefox to see the effects, and got the same results. I'm sure that its still something similar to what you are bringing up. I appreciate the help everyone.

#8 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

Youtube website itself is memory intensive thanks to those little self-animating thumbnails. Open up Task Manager and see what applications are being resource hogs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users