70 replies to this topic

#21 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:26 AM

Whuuuuuuuuut, Monkey Shines not hacking no way!
I used to think that but then realized most are excellent pilots.
With stupidly OP clan mechs.
Seriously though great bunch a vat babies I look forward to fighting.
Except for the several mouthy miscreants they seem to attract.

#22 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:30 AM

To clarify all I said in game was something like "I don't know how you managed to spot that, almost like you could see it." There were no hackusations at all.

#23 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:08 AM

I don't play FP unless someones asks me to for an event. And, then, I only do so as a favor to a friend.
Our team does not drop in FP and hasn't since June.

It is a Potato hell.....and, as a potato, there is no fun at all for 30 minutes or less.

Here's the technical definition: NON-VALUE ADDED.

Dropped with a team of "experts" and one of the top 5 MWO teams and will disconnect if that ever happens again.

Good luck guys becaue if Faction Play is where the actual storyline of the MW universe exists, well, MWO is just about done for.....

#24 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

Haven't played faction play since the Long Tom was first introduced and i remembered why i quit, it's basically a longer, more drawn out QP match and it's even worse with nobody to drop with.

Literally just played for the monkey and dawn (disregarding objectives just to get it done quicker), got them then went back to finish Metro Last Light and started Tales of Berseria.

#25 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:25 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 05 October 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

To clarify all I said in game was something like "I don't know how you managed to spot that, almost like you could see it." There were no hackusations at all.

"Hackusations" Posted Image. Nice wording. Also, I love them.
I had one guy on Boreal Vault once, who accused me of being a hacker for hitting him so well at that long a range.
I explained to him that it's called Advanced Zoom and that I was pounding his CT for like a minute without any movement of him to speak of.
Ahh... good times Posted Image.
Hackusations. Always fun.

Edited by Paigan, 05 October 2017 - 06:25 AM.

#26 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:25 AM

with wait times anywhere from 10mins to hours along with a 10-15minute lobby wait just to get stuck inside a 30minute long game. where you get thrown into stomps from either sides or the possibility of terrible modes that dot the game.

FW needs to be cut down into 15 minutes and various modes cut straight out of the game. a variety for variety sake is meaningless if its a buffet of canine fecal matter.

#27 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:28 AM

View PostPaigan, on 05 October 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

You know, I almost never hear any hackusations in game anymore. It's just that one guy screaming about them.

Pretty sure most people know who I'm talking about. Posted Image

#28 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:41 AM

View PostBombast, on 05 October 2017 - 06:28 AM, said:

You know, I almost never hear any hackusations in game anymore. It's just that one guy screaming about them.

Pretty sure most people know who I'm talking about. Posted Image

Just yesterday (Quickplay, though), I had one guy with a name I only saw once before or so.
He moreless suicided into the enemy. Died. 0-1.
Then he began babbling that the match has been decided in the first few seconds.
I asked (ironically) if he really thinks the match has been decided just because HE died.
His answer:
Yes, because they obviously hack. So we'll lose. Except if I [= myself] am a hacker, too.

I see at least one guy per week whose only conceivable explanation for a lucky shot from the enemy or a big screwup from himself is, that the enemies must be hackers.

Edited by Paigan, 05 October 2017 - 06:42 AM.

#29 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:44 AM

View PostPaigan, on 05 October 2017 - 06:41 AM, said:

I see at least one guy per week whose only conceivable explanation for a lucky shot from the enemy or a big screwup from himself is, that the enemies must be hackers.

Guess I'm just lucky then.

Or maybe I'm not hacking, everyone else is, and the hackusations are legitimate and that's why I don't see them? That must be it! I'm onto you Paigan1!

1. This is a joke don't suspend me please.

#30 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

The Gods of RNG are complete Diks, I cannot get a conquest match to save my life.

#31 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

Played a FP match earlier. One guy in a mauler charged our team, died, and then immediately disconnected. A few minutes later, several enemy players started ejecting their mechs in their base.

This FP event has weird effects on people.

#32 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:25 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 05 October 2017 - 03:42 AM, said:

Its not entirely based on win/loss. Theres a 250k c-bill reward from winning, more if you are a merc, but the rest of it is still the standard reward system which is heavily influenced by your performance. But you still do worse when losing overall, so your performance based rewards will be lower.

Grouping up doesnt necessarily make it more fun. Obviously your win ratio goes up, but winning with no effort because you stack your team with tons of good players makes it very boring.

You are right its not entirely based on W/L. But like you said if you lose its 250k less + less kills assists, dmg, components and most of the other bonuses are affected by your team performance. In my experience your rewards in FW are allmost half the value if you lose compaired to the same performance with a win. In QP its the same game but the values are not that high and the game time is shorter so i don`t mind the team impact on the reward system there.

#33 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

I had one guy on Boreal Vault once, who accused me of being a hacker for hitting him so well at that long a range.
I explained to him that it's called Advanced Zoom and that I was pounding his CT for like a minute without any movement of him to speak of.

Aye I used to laugh about "hacking" accusations but in a recent FW game we met a KCOM guy on the other team who headshoted 3 running mechs in seconds. These mechs where not running strait nor in his direction and where only exposed for seconds. No UAV and a lot of cover. 1 mech? ok! 2? possible! 3? Might have been skill or pure luck but it really smelled a bit fishy. Even more so when some of his team lost their 4th mech and his performace droped drastically. Might be that he got no more meatshields and had to take fire himself, but i have to admit even after we won this match that it was strange and i am by no means a "hackusation" cry baby.

Edited by Tiewolf, 05 October 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#34 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

Had a Jenner accuse me of hacking when I oneshot him with my double AC/20 Mauler. No idea if he was low on armor or if I got a headshot, but 40 pinpoint damage (a lot higher alpha because I also had 6mpl on that build, but I only shot my 20s at him) into one of the torsos of a Jenner running an XL... what did he expect when he ran out right in front of me? This was a year ago though. Something more recent is me getting called a hacker when I use my Highlander with JJs to get to the top of the Citadel, parked up behind a Huntsman that was up there and didn't see me get up, then let loose a 89 damage alpha to his back (UAC/20 + SRM18a).

Edited by Athom83, 05 October 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#35 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

View PostTiewolf, on 05 October 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

Aye I used to laugh about "hacking" accusations but in a resent FW game we met a KCOM guy on the other team who headshoted 3 running mechs in a row. This mechs where not running strait nor in his direction and where only exposed for seconds. No UAV and a lot of cover. 1 mech? ok! 2? possible! 3? Might have been skill or pure luck but it really smelled a bit fishy. Even more so when some of his team lost their 4th mech and his performace droped drastically. Might be that he got no more meatshields and had to take fire himself, but i have to admit even after we won this match that it was strange and i am by no means a "hackusation" cry baby.

As a rule of thumb if someone headshots me twice in a row on the move I report as a precaution. Doesn't mean they were cheating, just that someone ought to have a second look at it. Has only happened to me 2-3 times in 3000+ games, don't know if anyone got in trouble.

But if I saw someone headshot 3 mechs in the same go......definite report. Could be the greatest shot ever, but odds are against it. Best shot I've ever come up against was Lizzee. Took out one my side torsos at 900m while I was moving and twisting with 3 straight shots over about 45 seconds while he ducked in and out of cover (gauss). Didn't touch any other part of my mech.

#36 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

I had a guy flickshot (went from facing 90 degrees away from me, snapping his arms at me momentarily while turning back) double gauss into my head in the same time it took me to fire a volley of srms at him, it failed to kill me (head was exposed and red though), but it was either the most amazing shot I've ever seen, some crazy good (or bad, depends how you look at it, I mean I lived) luck, or he had some kind of aim assistance.

#37 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

I actually came to a different conclusion recently about Group Queue Quickplay pacing when game after game was ending in under 4 minutes.

After the third of fourth in a row, I just said to myself: Wow this is stupid.

Only games that seem to extend beyond this is when it's Conquest, or one of those great big wide-open maps like Polar Highlands, or if there is a disconnect so your team has to spend an extra few minutes walking to the enemy spawn.

For all its issues, at least Faction Play extends beyond 1 brief engagement.

Sounds like the drop commanders on both sides of that game were being dumb if they just had their team to sit there doing nothing for 25 minutes. A good way to break up those stalemates on Crimson Strait (I assume by saddle you mean that map) is to send some guys through the tunnel and then push together when they react.

Guys, don't put up with drop commanders who seem content to burn out the clock from the start. It's better to lose fighting then win by boring the other side to death. Initially setting up a firing line/ambush? Fine. But as soon as it becomes apparent the other side aren't even interested in trading at long range, you should do something. If for no other reason then to make it more fun for yourself.

Edited by Jman5, 05 October 2017 - 08:53 AM.

#38 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

While the Long Tom system in FW wasn't implemented well, it did do its job of making the team without it have to move around constantly to not be annihilated every so often. They do need to put in a system like the Long Tom, yet not as extreme nor tied to consumables. Then you wouldn't see team sitting around for 25 minutes doing nothing, as they are being pushed along by the threat of immanent death.

#39 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

the only reason I bother with any fp at all is just to hang out on voice coms in a unit for a while. For the most part fw is clan only fighting at range with the most meta of mechs. I'm crazy enough to use is mechs and have some attempt of fun in fw. Having to use a meta mech and build is quite boring for me. A lot of the matches are decided in seconds once one team looses its pugs or gets down 3-4 mechs.

I prefer to play my is mechs in solo q where I can have real fun some times getting 2-3 kills or being that one light mech that barely scrapes out a conquest win trying to evade 4-6 or more enemy mechs whilst capping.

#40 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostBombast, on 05 October 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

Guess I'm just lucky then.

Or maybe I'm not hacking, everyone else is, and the hackusations are legitimate and that's why I don't see them? That must be it! I'm onto you Paigan1!

1. This is a joke don't suspend me please.

Damn, you got me. Posted Image.

But the best thing about my hack is that you can buy (or now skill) it in the Mechlab. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users