Server Issues?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Atomic Hamster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:34 PM

Just had a match with a ping of 1811 (my ping is normally below 100) - was unable to contribute anything because kept being teleported back to where I was (and facing a wall).

In a previous match suddenly all other mechs looked like they were running on the spot - this is normally a prelude to a disconnect but I remained stuck in in the game while being unable to see where the other mechs really were and therefore unable to shoot anything - eventually I got destroyed with a score close to zero.

Seems pointless playing like this as not only does it drag the rest of the team down, but it's tanking my stats. Not sure if there are server issues as have never had this before.

PS only play on Euro and American servers.

Edited by Atomic Hamster, 07 October 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

If it was server wise you would see tons more posts. Sounds like your connection was crapping out. Basically what you are describing a severe connection issue either between your system and your internal network, or from your network to the ISP network or just outside of your ISP network, etc. Any of the above would affect your connectivity to the NA and European servers.

OR, you had something downloading in the background using up bandwidth or someone else had access to your connection via wireless/etc and stealing the bandwidth... etc.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 07 October 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#3 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 October 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

If it was server wise you would see tons more posts. Sounds like your connection was crapping out. Basically what you are describing a severe connection issue either between your system and your internal network, or from your network to the ISP network or just outside of your ISP network, etc. Any of the above would affect your connectivity to the NA and European servers.

OR, you had something downloading in the background using up bandwidth or someone else had access to your connection via wireless/etc and stealing the bandwidth... etc.

^ This ^

Do tracerts to NA and EU servers.
If they are fine, must have been #2.

#4 Atomic Hamster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Yes - the lack of posts about this suggests it's probably my end. Weird - I've had disconnects and lag spikes before, but never like this.
Will try rebooting my router etc. Thanks.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:39 PM

And if your router has a wireless connection, secure both the wireless and the actual router access. Many fail to change the default username/password, aka admin/admin :) And do not forgot about background downloads, be it windows update or GPU driver updates.etc.

#6 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:02 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 October 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

What he says.

#7 Atomic Hamster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:13 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 October 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

And if your router has a wireless connection, secure both the wireless and the actual router access. Many fail to change the default username/password, aka admin/admin Posted Image And do not forgot about background downloads, be it windows update or GPU driver updates.etc.

Good info. Thanks for that.

Edited by Atomic Hamster, 08 October 2017 - 04:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users