14 replies to this topic

#1 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

I'm getting frustrated at how I'm not able to get anything decent going with this madeup mech variant...

Anyone got ideas?

#2 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

Tough one, all I could come up with is this...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fe49640eebb9f72

I suppose you could swap out the lbx guns for regular ac5's.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 08 October 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#3 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

At the moment I'm using a light PPC in the torso and a RAC2 in each arm, but I had the most success with double UAC5, either a medium or medium pulse laser and as much ammo as I could cram into the rest. It has jam chance quirks and larger IS Ultra ACs now exist, so you can maybe try a UAC10
EDIT: PS: As far as the Enforcer goes, regardless of loadout the key to doing well in one is to run the hell away if you have to. You generally need an XL since you're not a designated tanky medium like a Centurion, and while it has a nice narrow profile you'll still go up in flames if someone sneezes too hard

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 08 October 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#4 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

The 5P has been bad ever since it first dropped, and it has never really improved. The UAC nerfs didn't help, because PGI's formula factored in JJs as a significant advantage (despite the 'Mech having 100% hip-level mounts) so the 5P lost a huge chunk of the quirks that made it just barely viable... I wouldn't recommend driving it. Ever. I finally ended up selling mine, because with the Uziel on the table now I have just about all the badmech I have patience for.

I can't see any reason to drive the ENF-5P at all, since it isn't necessary to have three variants to master a 'Mech anymore.

#5 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

The 5P has, as Deadguy eluded too, always been a bit of a pain to find a good use for. My personal experience has always ended in either getting the arms stripped off or getting XL'd before lending any considerable damage to the fight. The LFEs have helped the platform a little bit though, but personally I still see the 5P as fragile having everything in its arms. Since the new tech I had been playing with this build with modest success.

The chassis is still quirked for UAC5s, so even with the current state of quirk quality and so on, I feel its still better to stick to what the chassis is tuned for... but nothing says you have to go all in.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a971dc99e29d28f

Alternatively;

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5556addb42d73af

Both builds were ok. It lends itself to a lot of assists. Early poking at range, then everything opens up as you close to Med-short brawl. Protect your left side as all your firepower is there. Losing 2 of 3 MGs sucks but doesn't hurt as much as getting a peep or UAC knocked out.

There is room to customize. Swap JJs for ammo or DHS, Swap the ERPPC for a LgPulse, etc.

I like the SnubPPc personally since its a nice punch to go with the MGs at short range. To be completely honest, I don't like the Enforcer as a platform so my time with it has been limited, but loyal pilots to the chassis find ways to make it work.

Good luck.

Edited by Darrious Quinn, 09 October 2017 - 09:28 AM.

#6 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

No one has suggested dual UAC5 yet?

#7 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 09 October 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

No one has suggested dual UAC5 yet?

It comes stock with uacs, this is a slightly modified version:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e7d83dbc87c3359

I wonder if it would be best to just take the two uac5s and fill the rest of the space with ammo.

Or just put in the biggest engine, some lmgs, a big laser (or erppc), and ams and run around like a tanky, confused light mech:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...df7fadb500c2b7b

I don't own the chassis, so I'm just spitballing here.

Edited by CFC Conky, 09 October 2017 - 12:41 PM.

#8 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 09 October 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

It comes stock with uacs, this is a slightly modified version:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e7d83dbc87c3359

I wonder if it would be best to just take the two uac5s and fill the rest of the space with ammo.

Or just put in the biggest engine, some lmgs, a big laser (or erppc), and ams and run around like a tanky, confused light mech:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...df7fadb500c2b7b

I don't own the chassis, so I'm just spitballing here.

Here, just take this.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6e9a37aeb55f13e

#9 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

I'm not really familiar with the chassis, but using smurfy I whipped up this simple build. AC10, 3 LMGs and a ML. AC10 on left mouse button, LMGs and ML on right button.

Another option is a Heavy PPC build. Heavy PPC as the main damage dealer, HMGs for lights wanting to get inside the 90m minimum range and for late game coring. Switched from Laser AMS in the previous build to regular AMS for heat purposes.

#10 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Could also do triple UAC2s if you swap it to an XL engine. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...84a429b2116c1ad

#11 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

The Enforcer is one of my favorite chassis overall, but the 5P is my least favorite variant and least flexible in my opinion.

For the most part the only successful builds are the UAC5 Dakka Build and the Poptart Build, the later is not great because you only have two jump jets.
The builds I linked above are just on the ones I used, but there are others that have the same basic setup. For example these two from metamechs:
MetaDakka: Slower than my build and much cooler
MetaPopTart: Same, but I have my armor distributed differently. I hate having a shield arm with 0 armor.

Here are three other builds I played around with when first using the 5P. They were pretty fun, but not overly effective. The extra speed helps though and they can be very effective if you stay mobile.
5P UAC and ERLL
5P Fast with LBX
5P AC10 LPL

I have not looked much into how this mech can be improved with the newer tech that is out, it is possible it makes little difference. I can say I don't think changing to a light xl will make it much better as you need all the spare tonnage you can get. Adding a targeting computer could help, but again the UAC builds will be lacking in ammo and need the tonnage. Not sure how it will do with UAC2's or Rotary ACs. It is probably worth trying them out.

#12 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

That's one ****** up mech.
Found one I would run
ENF-5P dual ac5 + snub nose

Edited by mogs01gt, 20 October 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#13 SpessMarine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

This is the only medium chassis with lower actuators that can do akimbo ballistics. The Enforcer's relatively low threat-profile also works to your advantage here.

BRRRRT

If you use cover (and other mechs) and focus on the fatties, the RAC life will reward you!

#14 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

I've ran it with dual LB-10s and ML for a while. Kind of works for hunting lights and finishing off damaged enemy mechs, but lacks armor penetration. Currently resorted to 2xRAC-5 and ML, works fine for flanking and support fire.

#15 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:07 AM

If you're gutsy/suicidal an xl200 can support twin rac5 plus support weapons. It's fun when you can just unload at least :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users