What Are Peoples Thoughts On Cherbi And The Executioner In General.

Gameplay BattleMechs

22 replies to this topic

#21 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

The only cons for the EXE are it being tall and pod space (both can be worked around). Other than that it's very mobile and the arms while low slung, are decent enough to get by (if you've ever played Novas or Gargoyles, you'll know what i mean).

Cherbi in itself is worth if you want a C-Bill bonus without shelling out for the Wave III pack or A La Carte, other than that it gives you an option for missiles (4 total with pod swapping) that you can't get on anything else.

Worth a buy: Yes

A word of note: Play it like a fat heavy.

#22 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Cherbi was only gonna be worth buying, when the STs each had 2 missile hardpoints, so you could run 6 SRM6. Even then it was still mediocre.

To be blunt and honest, $25 for a single Executioner is high up on the list of the absolute worst value propositions in MWO. Super high. I happen to enjoy EXEs, but that ask is madness.

Worth a buy: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by LT. HARDCASE, 13 October 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#23 Samedi Wretch

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:46 AM

I love my EXE's. I've been having some absolute monster games with it lately using 2x HLL and 2x ERLL. Runs cool. Has a decent alpha, 58, with good range. Plus all the hard points are in the torsos making it a capable hill humper and as always a superb corner peaker with masc. It breaks ghost heat, but offensively it is very similar and compares favorably to LL vomit battlemasters and stalkers, but with vastly superior mobility. As said before optimize the build using armor and structure quirked omnipods in the arms and left torso.

That being said, you might want to get a F2P EXE first to make sure you and the chassis mesh well. It's not for everyone, as you can see in this thread. Personally I would buy the cherbi if I didn't already have two EXE's with a cbill boost. It allows for srm brawling. And I could see using ATMs in the torsos with ERSLs in the arms as being effective.

Edited by samadhiVOID, 14 October 2017 - 06:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users