17 replies to this topic

#1 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

They won't fix the timber but they'll keep screwing with the one grasshopper variant, because that's what people want!!!

Lasers took a punch, don't think clan er-meds should be friggin 5 seconds, something around 4-4.5 would have been tolerable. Still doesn't help the cmpl.

Assault fixes woot, and everything else is fine, still not gunna use lb2/5's

#2 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:42 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 13 October 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

[redacted]

G R A S S H O P P E R

Edited by McValium, 16 October 2017 - 10:50 AM.
quote cleanup

#3 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

View PostSlippnGriff, on 13 October 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Lasers took a punch, don't think clan er-meds should be friggin 5 seconds, something around 4-4.5 would have been tolerable.

5 seconds is absurd as far as cooldown goes, but hey now it syncs perfect with cGauss.

Lasers first, fire gauss just as duration ends, and watch that cooldown sync. Also, it'll be more consistent with heavy large lasers so...

ALPHA STRIKE WARRIOR: ONLINE

The more you try to "balance", the more monsters you end up creating.

#4 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

View PostSlippnGriff, on 13 October 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

G R A S S H O P P E R

G R A S S H O P P E R S

Plural. They keep nerfing the 5P, too (lolwhy).

#5 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

View PostN0ni, on 13 October 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

5 seconds is absurd as far as cooldown goes, but hey now it syncs perfect with cGauss.

Lasers first, fire gauss just as duration ends, and watch that cooldown sync. Also, it'll be more consistent with heavy large lasers so...

ALPHA STRIKE WARRIOR: ONLINE

The more you try to "balance", the more monsters you end up creating.

might help with heat control for the hot builds too, who knows

My favorite it the micro laser nerf, no one uses those and they're just making sure of it lmao

#6 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

I... I'm sorry, I'm still laughing about this.

You want one of the better Heavies in the game to receive a mobility boost. When it's already able to carry more firepower than the most structurally similar IS opponent, the Marauder, at nearly half the weight, and an extra 20-odd kmph? I mean, maybe a bit of a buff to make it better than a freaking Banshee-but don't expect or demand much when it already has so much going for it.

Just buy a freaking Hellbringer, it's got better high mounts and ECM anyways. If you're going to be all 'LASERS ARE THE ONE TRUE META", you might as well use something actually good at it. Or a Cauldron Born if you absolutely need a chicken-walker.

Doesn't solve the five second ERML timer, but then, maybe if it wasn't spammed on literally everything due to being so good, it wouldn't need a nerf in the first place. I'm not crying about it, but then, I use SRMs more than I use ER Mediums. And it makes heat management easier on my builds that use ER Meds.

EDIT: Just read; WHAT THE HELL DO "HARDPOINT CONSIDERATIONS" MEAN!? It's a freaking GRASSHOPPER, you have to fight the freaking Mechlab to get everything where you want it to be.

Edited by Catten Hart, 13 October 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#7 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

Some good news out of all this is that the Oxide will almost (slightly off but meh) have Jenner mobility that we have now and the IIC will get just slightly below of what the Oxide is now.

Hey i finally have a reason to play my 3 Oxides other than it being a tribute to the glory days!

#8 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

Why do you own three Oxides?

#9 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

Reasons.

Also, it was during a hero sale last year.

#10 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 13 October 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Why do you own three Oxides?

Maybe he's a fan of elementary chemistry.

#11 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:24 PM

Wait... People want the ******* Mad Cat BUFFED?

Ugh... Clanners...

#12 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:43 PM

If anything should be buffed its quads.

They are currently lacking existence. This would be a major buff in making them viable.

#13 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:46 AM

View PostCatten Hart, on 13 October 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

I... I'm sorry, I'm still laughing about this.
You want one of the better Heavies in the game to receive a mobility boost.

TBR has been nerfed for mobility twice from last year's and this year's patch passes, nerfed a 3rd time with the engine decouple from agility, and still has negative mobility quirks with the pods. It hasn't been 'one of the best' heavy mechs since the skill tree dropped. It boggles my mind how many players still live in the past involving the chassis.

Clan players select the Onion IIC for brawling, ebon jaguar for medium / long range engagement weapon use, and Hellbringer for more or less anything in between. Summoner is the preeminent heavy mech for a PPC platform.
Inner Sphere pilots can select a warhammer or Mad 3R and pound the daylights out of the fragile 75 ton TBR that has wide, easy to hit torsos with no durability quirks. All of that is my personal opinion, but on top of this the only streamers that bother to touch the chassis now is Haven for some odd reason out of loyalty to the table top experience.

Edit - the TBR can't torso twist to save its life at the current moment, and shares the same mobility profile as the 85 ton Warhawk without an 8/8 quirk agility bonus.

Edited by FireStoat, 14 October 2017 - 12:48 AM.

#14 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

View PostSlippnGriff, on 13 October 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

They won't fix the timber but they'll keep screwing with the one grasshopper variant, because that's what people want!!!

Lasers took a punch, don't think clan er-meds should be friggin 5 seconds, something around 4-4.5 would have been tolerable. Still doesn't help the cmpl.

Assault fixes woot, and everything else is fine, still not gunna use lb2/5's

Would you like to buy a mechpack?

#15 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:55 AM

Timber does not needed a buff.

#16 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:33 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 14 October 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

Would you like to buy a mechpack?

They’re really tempting me now with all this fresh new replayability.

Also your thread is on point

#17 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostFireStoat, on 14 October 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

TBR has been nerfed for mobility twice from last year's and this year's patch passes, nerfed a 3rd time with the engine decouple from agility, and still has negative mobility quirks with the pods. It hasn't been 'one of the best' heavy mechs since the skill tree dropped. It boggles my mind how many players still live in the past involving the chassis.

Clan players select the Onion IIC for brawling, ebon jaguar for medium / long range engagement weapon use, and Hellbringer for more or less anything in between. Summoner is the preeminent heavy mech for a PPC platform.
Inner Sphere pilots can select a warhammer or Mad 3R and pound the daylights out of the fragile 75 ton TBR that has wide, easy to hit torsos with no durability quirks. All of that is my personal opinion, but on top of this the only streamers that bother to touch the chassis now is Haven for some odd reason out of loyalty to the table top experience.

Edit - the TBR can't torso twist to save its life at the current moment, and shares the same mobility profile as the 85 ton Warhawk without an 8/8 quirk agility bonus.

So, I agree, but here's the catch:

What happens to the Orion IIC and Ebon Jag/Hellbringer when the TBR can turn and twist again? Do you still consider them, or do you go right back to TBR all day, every day because the extra mobility over the ON1-IIC and extra armor over the two 65-tonners is more than enough to put it over all three?

#18 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,843 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 14 October 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

So, I agree, but here's the catch:

What happens to the Orion IIC and Ebon Jag/Hellbringer when the TBR can turn and twist again? Do you still consider them, or do you go right back to TBR all day, every day because the extra mobility over the ON1-IIC and extra armor over the two 65-tonners is more than enough to put it over all three?

The Coludron Born and Hellbringer will be better at mid range poking and sniper, the Orion IIC still be a good brawler, just the best option is to remove it's negative mobility before going on pushing it base mobility up.

Still it comes down to player perfernce when choosing a mech to run, and not everybody can run a Timber even when it was top dog.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users