#261 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

View PostErronius, on 18 October 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

I'd prefer it if they'd actually clarify their wording so people don't have to guess, but /shrug. One way or another, they chose to word it poorly.

I wonder what time zone it will be 2pm in when they get the servers up. GMT -10?

Why can't the UI figure out your time-zone using your ip address and show you actual local time of the user?

#262 6r33dy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

Now I get my mechs, but not early reward. Great job PGI, great way to lose loyality of your customers =__=

#263 ball0fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQLD australia

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

srsly pgi? symmetry not a word in your vocabulary?

Posted Image

and no there is no extra hardpoints on the ST's that takes up the other sides slot (one ST has AMS but its on the back the other has nothing)

#264 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

Just tried out Artemis with the patch on my Scorch, which previously used it for the launchers. I tested SRM 6 with and without Artemis, at ranges 80 and then 150. All I can say is, go out and try it for yourself to see the current state of things.

From my own observation, there's no way in hell Artemis is now worth it on SRM's at one ton a pop. If your mech has the hardpoints to play around with an upgraded weapon build in other areas, it's a better investment.

Edit - I feel like a scumbag to just post a complaint. It if helps at all, the new tournament horns really are pretty great.

Edited by FireStoat, 18 October 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#265 Bumdart

Rookie

• The Pest
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

The only good things about the Anni was how tough it is and it's loadout abilities. That was balanced be how it is the slowest and largest Mech in the game. Fair trade I thought, so I bought them with real life money.

Now you make medium lasers a lot more difficult to balance in gameplay ( Anni's loadout abilities lowered )
Add more Ghost heat to (u)ac 5 ( Anni's loadout abilities lowered )
Add a fraction of mobility to the Anni. Anni pilots already got used to avoiding pebbles,railings and that F#&@ing oil line on that Caustic valley map. ( An almost unnoticeable addition to the Anni. neat,I'll take it - thanks )
And then you take away its toughness because you want players to use the Atlas. ---- Mind blown into silence ----

After the mind numbing frustration left I started writing because PGI, You are killing your own game.

Because of the power creep happening whenever a new mech makes it into the game the Atlas is now out matched by a lot of other Assaults mechs and even some Heavies. It doesn't have the same presents on the battlefield like it used to. Like the Anni does now.

And now you lower the abilities of the Anni because you compare it to a mech that is old as dirt? This is game balance to you?

You have the last, true to the game, devoted people, that want to see this game succeed and want to enjoy this game with their friends, frustrated to the point of writing and trying to tell you that you are defiling this game and driving it into the ground.

Is that what the endgame is here PGI? To destroy your own legacy?

P.S. This is the first post I've have ever posted.
I started playing when Pretty Baby was brand new. I've defended your game to other gamers. I've given you time, money and supported both your tournaments without hesitation.

And after reading the logic behind this last "patch" is the first time I've wanted to disconnect from all of you. It saddens me.

Edited by Bumdart, 18 October 2017 - 05:41 PM.

#266 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

Is this patch downloading rrrrreaaallllyyyy slow for anyone else? I have 190mbps and its like going really really slow.

#267 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

View PostFireStoat, on 18 October 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Just tried out Artemis with the patch on my Scorch, which previously used it for the launchers. I tested SRM 6 with and without Artemis, at ranges 80 and then 150. All I can say is, go out and try it for yourself to see the current state of things.

From my own observation, there's no way in hell Artemis is now worth it on SRM's at one ton a pop. If your mech has the hardpoints to play around with an upgraded weapon build in other areas, it's a better investment.

Edit - I feel like a scumbag to just post a complaint. It if helps at all, the new tournament horns really are pretty great.

It's good that you have a conscious and I can tell you are a good soul... you try to avoid putting negative vibes out into the universe, but you really shouldn't feel guilty in this case. You're helping to pay for this game.. you're input is extremely valuable to PGI as a paying customer and it would be foolish if PGI didn't see it this way. In fact because you rarely do criticize things, the fact that you went ahead and mentioned something here about artemis sucking, it must be pretty true o.O

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 18 October 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#268 Icantswim

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

So I had an issue redeeming rewards:
Spoiler

Then I saw this:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 October 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

[color=#00FFFF]• Fixed an issue where the initial redemption attempt for an Objective Reward could fail.[/color]

And I thought: maybe, just maybe it's gonna be ok after the patch.
Alas here's the after patch message:
Spoiler

Good job. What a roundabout way to "solve" the problem.
And please, remind me, when did being aligned with a faction become a requirement to redeem rewards?

Edited by Icantswim, 18 October 2017 - 06:18 PM.

#269 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

<script></script>

And thanks for making the clan quirks so small to read. And I'm so ******* tired of these bugs while trying to post.

An error occurred
[color=#EEEEEE]

post_too_short

[/color][/center]

#270 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

View PostMax Rickson, on 18 October 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

corrected that for ya

No you just elaborated, but thanks, I was not in my an...er...exacting mode.

View Post6r33dy, on 18 October 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Now I get my mechs, but not early reward. Great job PGI, great way to lose loyality of your customers =__=

It gets injected eventually, I have unit-mates who got theirs about 30 minutes after they got their Mechs.

#271 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:24 AM

So why are the Clan Medium Pulse Laser also got nerfed by the Cooldown? Up from 3 to 3.5?
Patchnotes didn´t mentioned them being nerfed that way!

WtF is wrong with you guys @PGI? Posted Image

#272 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 18 October 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Does anyone with an appropriate degree have an explanation as to what would realistically be designed? Knowing that it was based off the Marauder, it makes more sense for the arms to have the angle on them, however, if there is a mechanical or design reason as to why straight arms would make sense, I'm more than happy to learn.

The arms wouldn't be locked, they'd be movable. MWO doesn't permit movable arms so they get locked in a random position (in this case, it happens to be straight out).

So if I had to choose, I'd say:
(Video game) design reason: better shooting over hills.

#273 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Artemis changes are just dumb. Just remove the spread nodes or make it so they don't stack with Artemis and make that clear. I do not want to have to take Artemis(this also means pay for it) and then also take the nodes(which are also paid for) just to have the same functionality I had with Artemis before the skill tree addition. Frankly this is kind of BS in my opinion.

#274 Heinous Atrocity

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

I feel that PGI had adopted the GAMES WORKSHOP business model of pissing off your players to the point of most of them quitting for other games.

#275 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

View PostHeinous Atrocity, on 19 October 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

I feel that PGI had adopted the GAMES WORKSHOP business model of pissing off your players to the point of most of them quitting for other games.

GW screwed up by replacing their pewter miniatures with flimsy resin models and charging more for them. They also continually dumbed down the rules with each revision of their games which completely destroyed any depth the game had. Also (this is the mistaken path that PGI is sometimes on), GW tried so hard to 'balance' all of the various armies that they ended up being mostly the same with only a handful of characters that had unique skills rather than just renamed abilities that all the armies shared.

Playing an army that is just a reskinned version of the other armies is just as boring as playing Mechs that are just reskinned versions of other Mechs.

Edited by Ed Steele, 19 October 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#276 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

I take it all back. Game balance seems to be similar to previous. I don't hate it.

#277 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:29 AM

The nerf on IS med lasers was repugnant. Why do you want to promote boating of rangey, high alpha builds on mechs that poke and hide? This is your image of what MWO should look like? Is this your way of increasing TTK? Well whatever the reason, this hurt many mechs and was mainly a hit to lights.

This was a step backwards from making the game fun.

Who knew IS med lasers were OP? LoL

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 20 October 2017 - 06:48 AM.

#278 Muriel Steiner

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

In regards to the ANH nerf, I think PGI is missing the point. The Atlas isn't losing out to the Annihilator as a tank. Rather, it has been a very long time since anyone has really considered the Atlas, or any other 'mech, to be a "tank" 'mech.. the role that PGI is worried about the Atlas losing, already didn't exist before the ANH released. In fact, this is a large part of the reason that matches generally involve both teams hiding until the losing team gets impatient. It's because there's no 'mech that can lead the charge without guaranteeing it's own demise. Any 'mech that tries to lead a charge into the enemy, unless it can sneak up on the enemy, (A tactic in which the Atlas has a clear advantage) is going to die. Once the enemy starts shooting, an ANH is going to die just as quickly and easily as an AS7.

About two months before the ANH released I came back to this game and I started asking my friends, and also asking in Rassalhague chat and Inner Sphere chat which assault 'mech people thought would be the best tank.. Literally everyone I asked told me that I shouldn't even think about trying to tank because no 'mech is survivable enough (It was suggested that Kodiak would be the closest thing, but that's a clan 'mech and I was specifically thinking about faction warfare). I learned that tanking is not a role that a 'mech fills, but is instead a tactic that is used ONLY on organized teams. It involves good communications and planning. It involves rotating different 'mechs in and out of the front position, and it also involves the pilot twisting and turning the 'mech to try to spread out incoming damage. In this sense, the ANH's increased armor doesn't actually help nearly as much as it's reduced speed and giant torsos hinder it.

Personally, I choose to play the Mean Baby as my tank 'mech over the Atlas, but this isn't because of any deficiency of the Atlas or anything good about the ANH, it's just that the ANH was just about to release when I was considering what IS assault 'mech I was going to use.. and since I bought the ANH package that means I could build one as a "wrecking ball" and still have others with more reasonable builds.. but if PGI's really worried about the Atlas getting "replaced" as a "tank" 'mech (again, I challenge them on the idea that the Atlas was a tank 'mech), they could have achieved the same effect by buffing the armor on the Atlas.

#279 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

The latest patch has really hurt IS lights, so many of them rely on IS MLs, especially since the previous nerf to SPLs. I think it's a bummer.

#280 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 19 October 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

blah

It was a joke and the poster (ed steele) I quoted got that, maybe see his reply above yours.

yes lights are not quite as tanky as before the patch, but they are lights so hit, and run, and run, and run. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Max Rickson, 21 October 2017 - 03:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users