Hmmmm, What Are The Chancesa The Is Wins A Mauler?

19 replies to this topic

#1 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:47 AM

hahahahahhahahahahahaha- GG PGI, thanks for being so clan biased that you are now about to lose most of your IS players. MY clan is losing players like a sieve, who wants to play the team that is the targets...GG PGI GG, THANKS FOR THE REFUND!!

#2 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:47 AM

Buddy you need to chill out. Every single one of these posts is you saying the same thing. I get the laser nerfs are a bit naff (For everyone, not just IS) But... wow.

Posted Image

Go for a walk man, a game shouldn't make you feel like that.

#3 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:50 AM

View PostPika, on 14 October 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

Buddy you need to chill out. Every single one of these posts is you saying the same thing. I get the laser nerfs are a bit naff (For everyone, not just IS) But... wow.

Posted Image

nope, this last group of crap has finally pushed me to the edge, I have played for 5+ years, this is the first time I have vented..... and it feels good...they have F'ed the IS and I am tired of it and I won't stand quietly anymore, sorry.

#4 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:12 AM

I'm totally in agreement with Papaspud.
No one wants to be red shirted cannon fodder.
My favorite game still, but I find myself playing less and less.

Posted Image

Unnamed Kurita unit heading to the mechs for a Crimson Strait attack.
Which is about all the Kurita warriors left.
And on a side note every drop I had last night was attack.
Shouldn't the IS be "DEFENDING" Luthien?
Way to go PGI.

#5 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

better chance of snow on Terra

#6 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

All we are getting is a mistlinks... yay...

#7 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostPapaspud, on 14 October 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

hahahahahhahahahahahaha- GG PGI, thanks for being so clan biased that you are now about to lose most of your IS players. MY clan is losing players like a sieve, who wants to play the team that is the targets...GG PGI GG, THANKS FOR THE REFUND!!

Less then 2% but not for the reasons you think.

Been winning all day yesterday and today and not made any difference. If either side would stop playing QP with respawn they MIGHT have a chance....

Don't worry, while your getting clubbed, we are clubbing right back.

#8 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

5% chance the IS would win if the IS units actually cared about grinding FW and winning.

#9 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 14 October 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Less then 2% but not for the reasons you think.

Been winning all day yesterday and today and not made any difference. If either side would stop playing QP with respawn they MIGHT have a chance....

Don't worry, while your getting clubbed, we are clubbing right back.

But you just can't club fast enough....

#10 Anhydrite

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

Perhaps their club arms will tire and we can clinch a win at the end?

#11 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:26 PM

Why does everyone blame the Clans for the idea of IS pugs cuing up against Clan units?

We can't pick who we fight.

#12 RaptorRage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLB-79

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 14 October 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

5% chance the IS would win if the IS units actually cared about grinding FW and winning.
There isn't much incentive to do the Invasion maps for up to 45 minutes at a time when all the event challenges and rewards can be earned by doing twelve Scouting matches that last a few minutes each with 150+ score and getting ten kills with three solos along the way. The only conditional win is that last one for a Mauler on victory and 4 million C-Bills on defeat and in either case a Mech Bay is thrown in. And getting all the C-Bill rewards for the other challenges is more than enough to cover the cost of an MX-90 anyway.

Edited by RaptorRage, 14 October 2017 - 10:21 PM.

#13 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

View PostRaptorRage, on 14 October 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

There isn't much incentive to do the Invasion maps for up to 45 minutes at a time when all the event challenges and rewards can be earned by doing twelve Scouting matches that last a few minutes each with 150+ score and getting ten kills with three solos along the way.

TBH, Scouting is tons more fun over Invasion anyway. I might draw some flack for this in having an unpopular opinion, but balance between clans vs IS in scouting felt really close to me over 20 matches. Clans bring in 50 ton Hunchback IIC, Nova, or Huntsman mechs and face IS 55 ton mechs using their quirks with the Bushwacker being the biggest deal for them. It felt like a genuine test of skill in the fights as opposed to mech superiority.

I really wish something could be done for Invasion FW to capture that same feeling I had from Scouting.

#14 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:41 AM

Fighting a Bushwacker at 55 tons, decked out for nothing but a brawl isn't scouting at all..... They aren't even trying to scout. In fact, just about no one is.

Scouting is something I just tried because I'm not a light mech pilot. Guess what, Scouting show be called a 4x4 Skirmish because I went there to scout and was massacred...... Had to convert a scouting mech to a semi-brawling mech just to finish the event...

And, we wonder why people are leaving in droves?

"QUALITY isn't in what you say your product does; QUALITY is in what your product actually does well...."

#15 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:55 AM

Because people play the game to shoot robbits. Why does someone come to this game wanting to play "don't shoot the robbits, stand in squares"?

If tech balance was better population distribution would be better.

Also the way LP are designed it rewards people jumping to the new Clan factions. IS loyalists have been ****** by the game design from day 1. I mean the Night Star had the 3D modeling move all of its hardpoints down, not just relative to the TRO artwork but even the design artwork that PGI did because.... I really don't know. I really don't.

I understand and appreciate why people are upset. It's not unreasonable. It's just bad game design. Combine that with a laser nerf that hurts IS way more than Clans.... yeah. Why would someone play IS?

#16 Anhydrite

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

View PostAsym, on 15 October 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

Fighting a Bushwacker at 55 tons, decked out for nothing but a brawl isn't scouting at all..... They aren't even trying to scout. In fact, just about no one is.

Scouting is something I just tried because I'm not a light mech pilot. Guess what, Scouting show be called a 4x4 Skirmish because I went there to scout and was massacred...... Had to convert a scouting mech to a semi-brawling mech just to finish the event...

"QUALITY isn't in what you say your product does; QUALITY is in what your product actually does well...."

Agreed. Especially if you want to get a descent match score. Played a scouting match in my Crab27B , goes 104kph...so it feels like a scout. The clan team all brought Artic Cheetas and avoided us the entire game and they split up. They grabbed 10 intel and extracted for the win.

Who really won though? Match Score was around 60 for them and 40 for us per person. Wasted match. Nobody got to fight and nobody got rewarded. PGI needs a way to give rewards/MS to guys who play objectives, otherwise Scouting will always be a 4v4 brawl!

#17 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:36 AM

View PostPapaspud, on 14 October 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

Since the clans were at 100% last night, I'd say the chances of winning a Mauler are pretty slim.

I was thinking of becoming a Kurita Loyalist with my secondary IS merc account for the duration of the event, but since I was away for the weekend, and I don't think the IS will win, I fail to see the point..

I don't mind the Clans winning though.. I can always use another Myst Lynx..

#18 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:36 AM

View PostPika, on 14 October 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

Guess what, he's probably posted in all of them as well,

#19 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:37 AM

About 1 in a million

Posted Image

#20 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

View PostFireStoat, on 14 October 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

TBH, Scouting is tons more fun over Invasion anyway. I might draw some flack for this in having an unpopular opinion, but balance between clans vs IS in scouting felt really close to me over 20 matches. Clans bring in 50 ton Hunchback IIC, Nova, or Huntsman mechs and face IS 55 ton mechs using their quirks with the Bushwacker being the biggest deal for them. It felt like a genuine test of skill in the fights as opposed to mech superiority.

I really wish something could be done for Invasion FW to capture that same feeling I had from Scouting.

cut fp down to 10-15 minutes or better yet merge it into QP with drop decks.

View PostAsym, on 15 October 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

scouting just doesnt give matchscore, doing a decent fight and then losing still gets you more. its just the beast satisfying the event criteria

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users