What Exactly Will Make Mw5 Very Successful?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

With the upcoming long awaited Mechwarrior 5 that's finally being made after the stupid monkeys had it shut down because the Warhammer was "stolen", what exactly will make Mechwarrior 5 good? will the re-introduction of the things that were either removed/edited (Knock Down/Powerful Jump jets/ normal heat system) further make the game more enjoyable? or will it be the things that were planned but difficult to code in the game? I think it's both. These particular things will make Mechwarrior 5 even more successful and memorable than the Mechwarrior games that launched from the many passing years starting around 1995. In order for Mechwarrior 5 to be 9-10/10 it would need to have good quality of the core elements to be a great game and it would have to include features from the many mechwarrior games that we have had from the past or never got to have.
-------------------
Core Elements]
-------------------
-Combat system
-Story-line
-Art-style
-Challenging
-------------------
Features]
-------------------
-Dynamic Salvage (Mechwarrior 2,3,4 didn't have this feature perfected because they were just based on if you legged them or it decided what you got )
-Melee(No Mechwarrior game has EVER done this)
-DFA(Mech3/4/MWO/ only damages like it's you charging at someone, mech 2 had this feature slightly well made however)
-Complete Mech Visual Customization (HUD Color/Placement,Allow full Color/Pattern customization, we already have decals and snap on geometry is planned to be added)
-Knockdown (mech 3/4/MWO had this)
-Ability to walk around outside of your Mech and use fire arms or enter another Mech(MWLL does this but it has never happened for any other Mechwarrior)
-Mechs aren't the only Combat Vehicle (No Mech game except MWLL has done this. you can use Vtrolls,Tanks,Hovercraft,Battle Armor)
-Real Time Cockpit Damage (Mech 3 had this)
-Real Time Ejection (MWLL has done this but it needed work because engine limitations)
-More than just Lance Mates (instead of having 1-8 people for lances you can have Infantry,Air Support,Battle Armor)
-Real time Dropship Loading and Unloading(MWO is the closest we have but we need to be able to get into the dropship and evac or whatever)
-I.S Map (Megamek HQ does this for custom scenarios and Mech 2 was only contracts
while mech 4 was just assigned missions)
-Loyalty Selection(while Mechwarrior 5 is Mercenaries I honestly think there should be some DLC or whatever where you can be Loyalist,Mercenary,Pirate and you can do missions from what each option offers IE Loyalist you are someone from the house,Merc)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's a whole lot more what i'd like to say but i'd just like to keep it limited to this

Mechwarrior 2 Mercs 9.7/10 - was challenging because you had to buy everything and manage your finances,(or just join a merc unit and get assigned missions...which wasn't fun) if you had no money you became a bitter couch potato that would never see the gold and glory of being a rich mercenary and dying would mean you would have to restart all over if you didn't have a game saved. Mech2mercs also offered tons of immersion and actually made you feel like you were the character and the gameplay was so fun (Even to this day)

Edited by Armored Yokai, 14 October 2017 - 05:37 AM.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:44 AM

Nostalgia
Big stompy robots

#3 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 543 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

Aside from things already mentioned I'd say one of the most important for me is a good soundtrack.

#4 Composite Armour

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:58 AM

The sandbox they're promising and mods.

#5 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:58 AM

The same thing that makes MWO successful. Would you like to buy a mechpack?

#6 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:04 AM

multiplayer

#7 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

The absence of nonsensical and random "balance" passes that do nothing to address balance will be a good start.

#8 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

A I

#9 Vancer2

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:10 AM

The complete and utter removal of the ability to buy a single mech and customize it.

*They did this, I **** you not.* You can only buy variants with locked hardpoints.

#10 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

I just want to note here that Mechassault 2 actually did the "leave your mech and walk around as infantry or use different vehicles" thing before MWLL did. MWLL's version is also a little bit inaccurate because your "infantry" form is actually a full suit of Elemental power armor. Somehow you manage to fit that thing into the cockpit...

MA2 is not a true MW game by any means, but still.

#11 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

What will make it successful?

Multiplayer, Clans, competitive weapon & chassis balancing.

What will make it a good game?

Single player only, no time jumps, only patches for bugs.

#12 Arnie1808

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 546 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Somebody else made the game?

#13 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

Potato AI mechs to shoot, unless they also whine and make hackussations

#14 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

What will make it successful is a price lower than $50 and no pay-only DLC. Also, throw out any idea of Early Access.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users