Remove All Inner Sphere Laser Ghost Heat

4 replies to this topic

#1 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

As crazy as it may sound, I believe removing Inner Sphere laser ghost heat is the only way to move toward equilibrium in the wake of our latest laser pass.

#2 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

The fun part is that this, at best, gets you something like a 54 point alpha and you still run hot as the sun to use it.

The primary beneficiary would be ERLL boats. Everything else just stays par for their bracket.

#3 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

View PostMechrophilia, on 14 October 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

As crazy as it may sound, I believe removing Inner Sphere laser ghost heat is the only way to move toward equilibrium in the wake of our latest laser pass.

much like the patch, it'll just be an arms race of laser boats of ever growing alphas. Even as a clanner like myself, id wouldnt mind bridging things closer together towards the brawly end of things but this patch is like the captain choosing the ignore the iceberg.

Edited by The Mysterious Fox, 14 October 2017 - 10:15 AM.

#4 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostThe Mysterious Fox, on 14 October 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

much like the patch, it'll just be an arms race of laser boats of ever growing alphas. Even as a clanner like myself, id wouldnt mind bridging things closer together towards the brawly end of things but this patch is like the captain choosing the ignore the iceberg.

What arms race? IS can't get above 60 because of slots and weight limitations without adding Gauss, and adding Gauss gets you to 68 on a stretch at the expense of cooling and durability (XL). The alpha arms race is over, it's been more about burst DPS and sustained output for awhile now.

What we are likely to see post-patch is more PPC+AC/10 combinations for mid-range, with the two now being significantly closer in velocity. Long range will still revolve around ERLL and UAC/2 with a sprinkling of Gauss.

#5 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:20 AM

True, and even removing ghost heat does nothing for energy-based IS lights/meds.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users