1 reply to this topic

#1 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

Honestly, what we have currently is IS vs IS with ClanTech.

adding in some form of "soft-core Zelbrigen" to Clans, such as penalizing (or just outright removing) assists if the first mech to shoot that target is over a percentage of health would be a good place to start, as it wouldn't be too bad for loyalists, but would incentivize the Mercs to actually be more spread out between the factions, instead of all going clan when the going gets tough.

also needs to be a nerf on damage and kill score, and a buff to fulfilling objective scores, staying in formation, and protecting each other, specifically for FW. far too many people, pug and otherwise end up treating it like quickplay. there's no real tangible difference from random matches if there isn't a deeper reward for actually pulling off the objective.

case in point, I was in a scouting match and managed to pick up 14 intel, and managed to force the Clans to bolt for their dropship, and they didn't make it back in time. however, i only got 78 score for this, despite being the one survivor of my team and causing the match win, yet the clanners who massacred my team got all the score and picked up a whopping whole 3 intel, and failed to get back to their dropship in time.

Also, to balance out the Assist penalty for Clans, have the score they can attain upped on solo kills. and given the Clan's range advantage, it's pretty fair, specially since most of their early pokers would be getting those points. could even add in other score stuff like "First blood" for being the first one to have shot an enemy mech after its first seen, which'd be a very clan thing to celebrate, as it's also like "picking out your opponent".

Edited by Arkhangel, 21 October 2017 - 07:36 AM.

#2 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:17 PM

I'm mentioning this also because it's far better than just barring Mercs from working for Clans period. better to just de-incentivize them from working for clans if they don't act like clans. and you know that past history for EVERY major event that's happened in FW proves Mercs've always been what carried the day for clans. equalizing out the number of people between the sides via how scores are given would balance FW far more than any mech or weapon changes ever have, or ever will. it's us as the players that cause imbalance, not our mechs, and not the weapons on them.

Edited by Arkhangel, 16 October 2017 - 05:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users