Menus Collapsing Briefly Every Time I Change Armor, Equipment Values, Causes Fps Crash

3 replies to this topic

#1 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

This is kind of odd, but I'm mechlabbing my NightStar 9P...

When I have the "weapons" tab open (and viewing in the expanded Mechlab layout), every time I change the armor, weapons, or equipment on my mech, the weapons tab briefly collapses and only shows "AMS" for a tiny fraction of a second, then expands back out to what it should be.
It's odd; when the tab briefly collapses and only shows "AMS" the term flashes in a white font (not black).

I can effectively kill my frame rate by simply changing armor because every single point of armor I click on causes this brief menu glitch, and the time really stacks up.

I have just 2 AC/20's equipped, so when I am in the ballistics section and I change my armor value by a point, the AC/20 ammo collapses into just an unpopulated section called "Ballistic" and it, too, flashes white briefly.

When I have the Equipment section open and I change my armor or equipment in my Mech, the entire section collapses to just "Miscellaneous" and that flashes white. This whole collapse-and-return to normal routine only lasts, like 1/4 a second. It's like some kind of update/check related bug.

So I went to SELECT MECH to change Mechs and see if I can reproduce it with another mech.. then I saw the same ting happen to my list of Chassis. Every time I change from Light to Medium to Assault, etc., the list of chassis briefly collapses and flashes, then expands back out.

When it happens, my FPS tanks and I hear my computer churning hard.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

system is DirectX 12, GTX560, i5-333 running game in DX11. (I dunno if that's relevant.)

#2 daPaule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:52 AM

Can confirm, I7 and amd graphics though, running DX11.

#3 Buehgler

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:47 AM

Seeing the same thing here. I would presume this is related to the fix that "solved" the sticky tooltips in the mechlab.

#4 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

View PostBuehgler, on 19 October 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

Seeing the same thing here. I would presume this is related to the fix that "solved" the sticky tooltips in the mechlab.

That was my guess too. Spaghetti code says hello.

Edited by suffocater, 19 October 2017 - 10:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users