Team Killer Control

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yedti

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

Due to the rampant team killing problem this summer I have come up with a simple deterent. A team based self destruct button.
Once a team killer is discovered and called out a button is turned on for all team members. this button would instantly blow up said team killer and auto report them at no penalty to any other team members that were involved. to keep it fair and honest it should require at least 2 or 3 team members to hit the button there by "voting" on a course of action to solve a problem quickly and justly.

#2 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

Any idea like this you need to also look at how it could be flipped around and abused.

For that reason, I do not support this proposal as I can see ways where it could be.

Right at the moment there are penalties for team damage and for team kills which add up over the course of a day.
The loop hole that TKrs use to get around this is the use of multiple accounts and hiding their IP.
This allows these users to jump into multiple matches over the course of a day and abuse the system griefing other players by simply activating another account.
The point being, they avoid the penalties because they can just start another account and get straight into a match and repeat TKing.

The best solution I have seen suggested is a passive one.
When you start a new account you must complete the tutorial.
Add to that a requirement to complete each of the training features in the academy.
Enforce this as a requirement before players can join a regular match and start working through the cadet levels.

By having a lengthy lead in to the regular game for each new account it makes it significantly harder for users who want to abuse the system just for the purpose of TKing as when their account becomes unusable or banned, they have to repeat the process for a new account.

The upshot of this is new players who legitimately want to be part of the community also come in at a higher level of understanding and skill.

For older players who want to setup an alternate account, well, small price to pay really.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users