#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:24 AM

Can we have some internal conflicts?

It's about time Wolf and Ghost bear faced off over Rasalhague ect.

Though the more popular would probably be a Wolf vs Jade Falcon weekend.

. While your at it, maybe for the IS give them an IS v IS event at the same time?

*Edit spelling errors, blame it's 730 am here and yet to have my coffee _._*

Edited by CK16, 19 October 2017 - 04:27 AM.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:30 AM

Hate to say it, but... nah.

PGI Event Results said:

However, the terms of the battle were clear. The Clans have failed to capture Luthien, and must now set their sights on Capitals deeper into Inner Sphere territory; Capitals already encircled by the Clan forces.

Next one will be another capital. My guess is Jade Falcon vs. Steiner on Tharkad.

Edited by Bombast, 19 October 2017 - 04:31 AM.

#3 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:35 AM

If so that should only involve Jade Falcon and Steel Vipers vs Stiener and Davion......Just as Luthien should have been only Smoke Jag and Nova Cats vs Kurita and maybe Davion/Stiener (maybe...)

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

PGI better not bungle up the rewards like last time. Cause that was a grave insult towards units who had put hundreds of man hours for several days to keep that bar on their side.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 October 2017 - 05:17 AM.

#5 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:15 AM

Well there is that rumor PGI is actually working on a big city map.

If so then its time for Urbbiegedon! But that would require PGI to allow IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan.

Sad am I

#6 Kanil

• 1,068 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:45 AM

The problem with an IS vs IS or Clan vs Clan event is that it splits the playerbase. People already complain about queue times, cutting the player pool in half won't help.

View PostCK16, on 19 October 2017 - 04:35 AM, said:

If so that should only involve Jade Falcon and Steel Vipers vs Stiener and Davion......Just as Luthien should have been only Smoke Jag and Nova Cats vs Kurita and maybe Davion/Stiener (maybe...)

That would create an absolute shitstorm, between both people bitching about not being able to play the event, and people bitching about not having anyone to play with during the event. I don't see this happening unless someone at PGI really doesn't engage their brain first.

#7 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 19 October 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

Well there is that rumor PGI is actually working on a big city map.

If so then its time for Urbbiegedon! But that would require PGI to allow IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan.

Sad am I

Or they release the Urbie IIC and the Imp (scaled-up Urbie with one or two new hardpoints, shouldn't be that hard to make) with the city map.

OK, just dreaming here...

#8 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

Run Clan vs. Clan and IS vs. IS at the same time. Everyone can then play and queues will be fine. Just have to get the allied sides worked out...which might not satisfy the lore purists, but something semi-reasonable could probably be worked out.

Oh..btw...we want CGB....give us those filthy bears to kill...

got to stir up a little trouble. Lol..

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 19 October 2017 - 08:46 AM.

#9 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:55 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 19 October 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

Run Clan vs. Clan and IS vs. IS at the same time. Everyone can then play and queues will be fine. Just have to get the allied sides worked out...which might not satisfy the lore purists, but something semi-reasonable could probably be worked out.

Oh..btw...we want CGB....give us those filthy bears to kill...

got to stir up a little trouble. Lol..

Pretty sure that would be bad for business ;)

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 October 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

PGI better not bungle up the rewards like last time.

I'm still annoyed they simply ignored the 8 full-length faction play matches I put in before they fixed the event.

Pathetic way to treat their customers. They seem to care less and less.

#11 Kanil

• 1,068 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:57 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 19 October 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

Run Clan vs. Clan and IS vs. IS at the same time. Everyone can then play and queues will be fine.

That's still cutting one bucket into two. Going from needing 12 Clanners and 12 IS to get a game to needing 24 Clanners or 24 IS requires twice as many people to get a game. (Assuming each side has half the population, at least.)

I don't see PGI doing this... and if they do, I don't see it ending well.

#12 Duke Einholt

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:20 AM

I,m all for this Idea FW needs a little variety to get people interested, it would be fun to see some of those units that only play one side forced to face off against one another. You could call it Best of the best factions challenge prove who really is the Alpha dogs in each IS & Clan Faction.
Plus as a bonus I would not have to hear about how unbalanced the game is or they are cheating every time one group losses badly. Even playing field Put up or shut up no more excuses your either elite or your not.

Ok let the salt flow lets hear why this is a bad idea lol

#13 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostKanil, on 19 October 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

That's still cutting one bucket into two. Going from needing 12 Clanners and 12 IS to get a game to needing 24 Clanners or 24 IS requires twice as many people to get a game. (Assuming each side has half the population, at least.)

I don't see PGI doing this... and if they do, I don't see it ending well.

Actually, based on FW event history I think there is enough to do two buckets (IS v IS/ Clan v Clan) during an event...easy. Wait times would be higher than normal during an event, but still would likely be less than any normal day in FW.

Plus, face it.. you can't get pure Clan v Clan action or pure IS v IS action anywhere else inside MWO modes. It's either Clan v IS or Mixed Tech (in QP). Don't you want to see 12 linebackers dogfighting 12 linebackers??? Annihilators & atlas's sumo wrestling each other, dakka blazing. I know I do! So, I have to believe people would come out for that in FW... we also have unit rivalries, desire to prove who is better than who, plus faction hatreds. I think it would be very successful in terms of turnout...because it would be glorious...

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 19 October 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#14 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

I wish they would work on their presentation and incentives. I really don't feel any compunction to play FP. No quality control whatsoever and no sense 'faction' warfare. The tug of war events as we saw comes down to whoever happens to be in the lead at the end.

Oh well. I think I'll just stick to QP while I wait for Battletech and MW5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users