22 replies to this topic

#21 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:15 AM

A DRG-5N could probably do this "relatively" effectively with 3 UAC2s firing at 3160 velocity. It has 15% velocity and 40% jam chance reduction with enough tonnage to take the UACs, a TC6, and 7 tons of ammo on an XL 255, or an XL225 with 2 heatsinks. I put quotations around relatively, though, because it's going to be hotter than hell and will absolutely refuse to cool down in a timely manner. Alternatively you could just ditch the TC and make the mech actually able to cool off, while still retaining a ~2600 velocity triplet of UAC2s. But that's a Dragon with an XL.

Essentially, I'm not sure the velocity boost you gain from attaching the big TC really breaks anything, even after the velocity node buff and overall AC velocity increase.

#22 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

View PostVerilligo, on 20 October 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

A DRG-5N could probably do this "relatively" effectively with 3 UAC2s firing at 3160 velocity. It has 15% velocity and 40% jam chance reduction with enough tonnage to take the UACs, a TC6, and 7 tons of ammo on an XL 255, or an XL225 with 2 heatsinks. I put quotations around relatively, though, because it's going to be hotter than hell and will absolutely refuse to cool down in a timely manner. Alternatively you could just ditch the TC and make the mech actually able to cool off, while still retaining a ~2600 velocity triplet of UAC2s. But that's a Dragon with an XL.

I'm sure you could find a happy compromise on the TC/heatsink ratio, and XL is gross but at least its a snipermech, could work.

View PostVerilligo, on 20 October 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Essentially, I'm not sure the velocity boost you gain from attaching the big TC really breaks anything, even after the velocity node buff and overall AC velocity increase.

That's an entirely fair assessment, I think just in general because ACs be so dang heavy and spacious (ammo inclusive).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users