3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:59 AM

I was looking at a government document when I came across a page that read "This Page Intentionally Left Blank". The problem with this, is by printing the message on the blank page is that the blank page is no longer a blank page.

Or perhaps the I.Q. of the average government employee is so low they have to be told that a page is in fact a blank page.

#2 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 03 November 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

I was looking at a government document when I came across a page that read "This Page Intentionally Left Blank". The problem with this, is by printing the message on the blank page is that the blank page is no longer a blank page.

If you were voluntarily looking at a government document... well, that's on you.

I spent a lot of time in my youth (20's to 40's) looking at/through US Government Technical Orders (more specifically, United States Air Force ones). There were plenty of times I snickered at the very observation you had... but, if that 'intentionally blank' page wasn't present in the book, it would result in the military's version of chaos, as now something technical that was outlined in that book could possibly not be completed without doubt or question. As you are likely aware, that 'blank page' usually signified that something had been deleted, superseded, or condensed... but, yeah, how it gets dealt with can be a real head-scratcher.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

Nah. Just came across it. Thought it was funny. Sorry I have a warped sense of humor. Too much watching this dude with "Sledge o' Matic " smashing things in my youth.

#4 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:35 PM

yep pretty common when they used paper to print T.O.'s (technical orders)
and the PDF they use now I suppose

my shop had over 500 T.O.'s and a mountain of software

I had my own T.O. library and my own software library (for many many years)

every T.O. was inspected page by page at least once every year
and no pages are supposed to be blank (that would be a waste of money)

sometimes the printer would screw up and kick out a blank page
so you would have to go search for it unless it said intentionally left blank

the next major revision would correct the problem

they use PDF these days
that also means they have to have high $$ lap tops and or high $$ tablets to use the PDF T.O.s lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users