- - - - -

Does The "block" Function Simply Not Work?

Question New Player Feedback

6 replies to this topic

#1 Arctander

• PipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

I had assumed that using "block" would stop a player from spamming the comms incessantly, but it doesn't seem to do anything to it. I ended up turning the volume to zero and could still here him coming through.

If it does work, what does "block" Player do?

#2 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

I would think it prevents sending friend request and like that.

For voip you need to click on the speaker icon on player table(press tab) to cross it out, but it's only per battle.

#3 Arctander

• PipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:23 AM

Well... gee.That seems particularly poorly designed.

But I'll keep an eye out for the speaker icon. Holy geez do some people just not get "it" out there or what? Thanks for the reply and info Teer! :)

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

What you need to do is twist to bring your shield arm in front of you, then using left CTRL and your mouse, hook your arm over or under the shield so you can continue firing while blocking. It requires that your other arm has a lower arm actuator, though. It can really save your...

Wait... Wrong kind of blocking. Carry on. Posted Image

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:53 AM

Side note, the above is both a joke (obviously) but also a genuine tip. This tip only works on the following known mechs:

Centurions (all), Awesomes (any that lack a left arm weapon hard point).
May work on:
Any mech that lacks a left arm weapon hardpoint. (If the left arm moves, this will not work.)

Worth noting: If the arm is skinny, it probably isn't worth trying. Need thick, fat arms for this to work.

Does not work on: Shadow Hawks, even those lacking left arm weapon hardpoints. Shame, too.
Does not work on: Wolverine -- I mean c'mon PGI, WHY!?!?!? Its an ideal mech for it. Every left arm is bare, they are thick and the mech is compact. Its perfect!

#6 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:35 AM

Back to topic.
What the posts opener mentioned is actually something that seems to be brought up more often these days.
The ability to block out and shun ppl you do not want to play with.
Sure the offender could just make a new account to continue trolling but at lest on his main account where he got his beloved stuff such ilks will have to behave or soon be shunned by most and be unable to find a match, cause nobody wants to play with them anymore.

#7 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

It would be great to be able to block text as well.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users