- - - - -

Any Tips On Being Able To Choose A Skill Node?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:20 PM

Any magic series of clicks that work? I often just give up after a while.

P.S. Funk this. I'm often able to do only one at a time, save that one and maybe come back and get another one.

Edited by LikeUntoBuddha, 28 October 2017 - 08:22 PM.

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,063 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

How long have you had this problem? The skill tree is functionally the same as it has been since its roll out May 16th. You click and activate each node up to 91 active nodes from the top node in each discipline and work down subject to valid pathing.

Choosing multiple nodes presents no issue with saving provided you have sufficient SP to cover the transaction. Converting resources to SP can either be done before node selection or after to cover the calculated bill.

Review the May patch notes in case anything is unclear.

Edited by Spheroid, 28 October 2017 - 10:39 PM.

#3 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:31 PM

<script></script>

Hmmm, almost since the beginning. Sometimes it will work fine and sometimes it will not give me one when I click it. it stays browned out and it will not have or allow me to save. I tried a couple of different mouses on it. I was just trying to redo a mech and it simply would not allow me to get often certain ones more than others but still would stop me flat. I'll just get 1-2 at a time sometimes.

I'm not the first to complain about this (including players here) so I do not think reading the notes on how to click a button will help. Yes, I have the extra nodes. Yes, I know how to buy them or pay for new ones.

But then I'm also having the post too short and above script problem.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:16 AM

I only find that it doesn't like if I click through them too quickly, as it loads after each click.

If the trouble is just getting them to highlight and the trouble is not with saving it.... is your computer old or a laptop? Since for me it locks up if I go too quickly, I could imagine that "too quickly" could be a much slower pace on older computers.

#5 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

<script></script>

My PC is fast. How do I click slower? Can I adjust the mouse somehow?

And something is wrong with my text or script or whatever when I try to post here. I've not changed anything and I really do not know how.

n error occurred
[color=#EEEEEE]

post_too_short

[/color][/center]

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:23 AM

Does it happen to be the same thing you use on the forums? It loves to put in really weird stuff into your posts it seems.

That said... Well I have an idea of what I want and sort of unintentionally memorized where all the nodes are so I go "click click click click click it's real easy man" (Boomhauer; king of the hill reference).

After about 3 of them highlight for me it hangs for a second before it will let me click more (and I had already clicked about 7 of them so I gotta go back and click more). Another aspect might be internet connection? I know this thing communicates far more than it needs to with the servers which I don't understand, the only time it needs to is when making a transaction and on confirming the new setup (in which it can check for its legality, too, and refuse to take it if it isn't legal aka made with a modified game in an attempt to cheat). Instead it checks constantly with every node clicked.

This is fast forwarded, but here's what it looks like to me.

You can actually see some of the hangs even at 2 times speed.

#7 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,063 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

Perhaps the game is running out of VRAM and becoming sluggish with skill tree elements. There was a memory leak involving that at one time.

What are your system specs? Changing the in game directX version might help.

Edited by Spheroid, 29 October 2017 - 07:54 AM.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

That reminds me. Are you running the 32 bit or 64 bit version? The 32 bit version is Terrible.

#9 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

Few monts ago I tried the 32 bit version. It was odd in that while the 64 bit version takes about twice as much memory, without there being any visible differences. Except heat and night vision didn't work on the 32 bit, they made everything look so dark it was impossible to use them.

Now I'm not saiying the 64 bit version uses obsene amount of memory that should be a problem to any computer capable running any modern game, but since it's looks and performs just identical to 32 bit version, it's hard not to say it wastes a lot of memory.

Now as for forum thing, two things comes to mind. The less likely is that your signature has some extra html code that messes your posts when it gets combined by the forum software. That would be unlikely though.

More likely one is some browser plugin injecting or replacing something that causes the html code to appear to whatever you post. Now some time ago I did see something like that on many forums, it was from some fairly well used software,some kind of messanger or Skype or something like that. It wasn't strickly malware but it was a bit borderline.

So I would check your browser first. And failing that, maybe some antivirus software? Some have a feature that filters web traffic, and it might somehow go in between and mess something up. Are you using the forum with or without https? The forum and website seems to automatically redirect you to using https, but it also seems to function with http if you manually switch it all the time. With https the only thing that could get in the way between forum and you, is a browser plugin.

The nodes really shouldn't have major problems. Remember you need to have a parent of node selected, before you can select it?

Granted the UI has some oddities that may occur with some people.

For example the ingame event browser has always worked with me, and fluidly, while many people have had problems. Even after intended fixes.
But now, with the current event, has changed it so that it takes like 5-10 seconds to open.

There is a loading screen for the event browser. How crazy is that !? It will display that "loading" wiith rotating circle, while everything is grayed out. Previously it opened instantly. Previously I didn't know it had a loading screen.

#10 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:45 AM

Damn, just lost my post here twice. I'm trying another browser besides Chrome with does have a lot of add ons. I have good anti virus (BitDefender) and run malware every day or so. Interestingly, the keys hit faster as type here. But when I hit "image" to add one, it browns out and I have to refresh this page....weird.

Here is my PC

https://i.gyazo.com/...19c9e5ffac2.png

https://i.gyazo.com/...5988c1e31d7.png

If you cannot see these I will tae them to another hosting site.

I forgot to mention that is seems to be more of a problem with some mechs and zero problem with others. After my last post I went and did about 15 skill nodes for two Hunchback II's and I had no problem.

I than went back to the Hellbringer and problem again. It took 5-10 clicks for most of them. And skill nodes are not equal in this. For instance, one I have problems with most of the time is Laser Duration.

The fact hat it will work fine with one mech and than 20 seconds later will not work with another mech makes me wonder about the game.

Plus, I've had other bugs for over a year. And I've put a new HD on this, and deleted and loaded back the game a number of times. I call it the "weapons group bug". I've reported it and have never gotten a reply.

I go to weapons group and than it stays there like the following pics.

https://i.gyazo.com/...34d5b68272b.jpg

https://i.gyazo.com/...5bda65ccf1e.png

https://i.gyazo.com/...6a7d3fb909e.png

And to clear the screen so I can see or do anything, I have to hit a series of keys like home and select mech and than go back to weapons group It is annoying as heck.

OK, let's see if this post works.

#11 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

Many of those UI bugs are pretty common, I get one which leaves certain mechlab popups on, after I move the mouse from over the parts that cause them, because the game doesn't recognize that I moved the mouse off. Then to clear them I need to go back to whatever part causes that particular kind of small popup info screen, and try it again.

Your specs are pretty good so it won't be due to that, in fact, what if you try to select them extremely slow. In particular what if you move your mouse over the node slow, give it a second of pause, then try to click? Of course, if it only happeds occasionally, it can be difficult to figure out.

It could be similiar problem where the UI doesnt' recognize correctly where your mouse is and where it isn't. When this problem happens, is the screen on lower right corner correct? It will have a small screen showing that particular node and it's effect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users