24 replies to this topic

#21 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

Got scout game against team of clan composed of Large laser IceFerret, mg Mistlynx and atm shadowcat... I don't need to tell you what happened when they met a s**tload of srm in the face from ecm shielded mech.

It's quite a mix-up because of the event, when i'm scouting on the clan side, i'm doing over 500 damage easy with my srm hunchie or doing devastating shredding with my twin lb20x Hunchie. Nothing can bring that king of firepower and mobility on IS side. tankiness maybe but if you do twice the damage and doing it 100m farther up...well you know the result if well played.

#22 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostDamnedtroll, on 03 November 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

Got scout game against team of clan composed of Large laser IceFerret, mg Mistlynx and atm shadowcat... I don't need to tell you what happened when they met a s**tload of srm in the face from ecm shielded mech.

It's quite a mix-up because of the event, when i'm scouting on the clan side, i'm doing over 500 damage easy with my srm hunchie or doing devastating shredding with my twin lb20x Hunchie. Nothing can bring that king of firepower and mobility on IS side. tankiness maybe but if you do twice the damage and doing it 100m farther up...well you know the result if well played.

If you're bringing just 4 tons of ammo for the LBX Hunchback you have an XL255 and match mobility with the LFE280 Bushwacker while having lower alpha strike and lower DPS. The SRM version if you also bring a couple MPLs ends up moving about 7kph faster and having 0.2 more sustained DPS if you don't count the rockets on the BW. Both are also much more fragile. Nothing here is really twice the damage 100m farther up except for the Bushwacker's first alpha with the rocket launchers followed by the SRMs.

Skill matters a whole bunch, yeah, just hope to not go against someone of equal skill in a better mech.

Alpha, DPS, mobility, hitboxes, total health, it even has better maneuverability with accel, decel, turn rate, and twist being superior.

There's no advantage in any field for the Clan mechs here, just check the mech stats.

#23 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 03 November 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

If you're bringing just 4 tons of ammo for the LBX Hunchback you have an XL255 and match mobility with the LFE280 Bushwacker while having lower alpha strike and lower DPS. The SRM version if you also bring a couple MPLs ends up moving about 7kph faster and having 0.2 more sustained DPS if you don't count the rockets on the BW. Both are also much more fragile. Nothing here is really twice the damage 100m farther up except for the Bushwacker's first alpha with the rocket launchers followed by the SRMs.

Skill matters a whole bunch, yeah, just hope to not go against someone of equal skill in a better mech.

Alpha, DPS, mobility, hitboxes, total health, it even has better maneuverability with accel, decel, turn rate, and twist being superior.

There's no advantage in any field for the Clan mechs here, just check the mech stats.

Perhaps it's just my bad aim, or maybe just the extra 600 Velocity on that LBX, but I've found myself doing better in the LBX hunch than something like a SRM-30-36 Huntsman. The gun just seems to put damage on a single component more effectively than SRM's do. (Seems to run somewhat cooler too, but that's usually only an issue after the match is essentially decided.) For people not feeling the SRM love, it's certainly less terrible than a lot of the other options out there.

I will agree though, that, both of those options are inferior to a well played, Rocket Launcher boosted BW. It's tough to play catch up when you start half an alpha behind on armor before you even see them, plus eat an extra alpha via RL at the beginning of an engagement.

#24 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

View PostDaurock, on 03 November 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Perhaps it's just my bad aim, or maybe just the extra 600 Velocity on that LBX, but I've found myself doing better in the LBX hunch than something like a SRM-30-36 Huntsman. The gun just seems to put damage on a single component more effectively than SRM's do. (Seems to run somewhat cooler too, but that's usually only an issue after the match is essentially decided.) For people not feeling the SRM love, it's certainly less terrible than a lot of the other options out there.

I will agree though, that, both of those options are inferior to a well played, Rocket Launcher boosted BW. It's tough to play catch up when you start half an alpha behind on armor before you even see them, plus eat an extra alpha via RL at the beginning of an engagement.

I'll also agree that the dual LBX20 build can be pretty effective at putting the damage right where you want it, the thing's a dream at oneshotting those locust pilots who try to smoke dive. Though I still end up finding my SRM36 Huntsman gets the job done better against heavier mechs by having somewhat better hitboxes and just that pure raw DPS advantage.

#25 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

OK so for tonight i have dropped against IS with IS mechs due to event, no one brought BSW and we won 8 out of 10 matches. We brought phoenix hawks and trebuchets.
We went up against BSW and HBK and we used *team play and coordination* to beat them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users