122 replies to this topic

#41 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

If it only had a couple of omnipods with jump jets, this would have been my ideal mech. I mean, I'm not playing at the moment, so it's not a problem for me personally. And it's not like it would have mattered for MW5 anyway. But still. For some irrational reason, I wish it would have had jump jets. :)

#42 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

i hope the LBK-D & Hero are symmetrical, probably wont be, but im hoping they will be,

hoping the arms are like the VPR, where with out weapons they dont have much form
this would allow for 1E-RA to have the High Energy, and the 2+ hard point arms to be more low key,
that way the Stated LBK-D & Hero can be more symmetrical,

but ya, 121 with speed tweak, roughly 145 with MASC 7 Energy with Shield side could be fun to play,

#43 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostNightbird, on 01 November 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

I'm been thinking maybe like a cheeta? I do 2HML 6LMG in mine, if only this had 4 energy in the torso, has tonnage for 4HML 6LMGs... that would be a brutal backstabber with ECM.

Cant do the second HML and 6, but you can do 3 ERML and 5. Or 2 MPL and 6. 6 MGs and 2 SRM6a might not be bad as well.

#44 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

\o/ Yay I so have no inclination to buy this mech :D

#45 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

Black Lamer of all mechs?

Posted Image

#46 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

To be exact, it's 11.5 tons of pod space unless you strip a fair amount of armor.

#47 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

View PostFupDup, on 01 November 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

To be exact, it's 11.5 tons of pod space unless you strip a fair amount of armor.

Folks (including myself) underestimated the Linebacker as well, and look how that turned out.

#48 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:03 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 November 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Folks (including myself) underestimated the Linebacker as well, and look how that turned out.

I'm guilty as charged as well, but to be fair the Linebacker's "effective" pod space is actually 20 tons if we count the 4 hardlocked dubs (which you'll need on every single build anyways). 11.5 vs. 20 is quite a difference.

Heavy Lasers will probably be a huge boon the Black Lamer, although it would've been fun to try it with the old version of the CSPL...

I'm expecting the Blammer to be at least okay rather than dumpster tier like many assume.

Edited by FupDup, 01 November 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#49 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostFupDup, on 01 November 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

I'm guilty as charged as well, but to be fair the Linebacker's "effective" pod space is actually 20 tons if we count the 4 hardlocked dubs (which you'll need on every single build anyways). 11.5 vs. 20 is quite a difference.

Heavy Lasers will probably be a huge boon the Black Lamer,although it would've been fun to try it with the old version of the CSPL...

I'm expecting the Blammer to be at least okay rather than dumpster tier like many assume.

Fair enough, but how many DHS do you need for SRM18a or 6 mGs and lasers or SRMs?

#50 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

I don't know if we'll be able to make good use of this mech or not. On the plus side though, this is certainly a different mech, I'm happy it brings something new to the table.

At first glance it ha a the same issue as the Stormcrow, only 10 locked heatsinks in an engine which can hold more, 5 more in this case. On a heatsink heavy build it's short 10 crit slots over what it could potentially have. On the other hand it doesn't really have the pod space to be able to boat a lot of heat sinks, so the lack of space might be a null issue. I do expect to see heavy lasers as common elements in many builds.

#51 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:21 PM

View PostFireStoat, on 01 November 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

If PGI wants this thing to sell with a GOOD profit margin, I mean the kind of profit score they nailed with the Marauder IIC, two things need to happen.
2) Clan Omnimechs finally need to have the ability to change engine sizes with the possible addition to swap out other features (jump jets, masc, active probe).

Then they wouldn't be Clan Omnimechs

#52 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

well at least it looks cool

to bad it does not come with any modules I might buy some

#53 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 01 November 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

well at least it looks cool

to bad it does not come with any modules I might buy some

Probably because modules don't exist anymore.

#54 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

What a waste.

#55 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostBombast, on 01 November 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

I will laugh my balls off if this months patch brings clan Scout weight back up to 55.

The only way I'm buying the Lanner is if that does in fact happen. Otherwise, it's just gonna collect dust since it's undergunned for quick play. On the other hand, if it's added to scouting, I'd buy it in a moment, including the hero, because I think it can hold position behind a Bushwacker, and the Clan desperately needs something in scouting to counter that beast.

Side note: In lore, this is a 151kph mech when MASC is active. I suspect in MWO, you'll need speed tweaks, but just doing rough math in my head, it should pull that off making it ridonkulously fast.

#56 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostNightbird, on 01 November 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

I'm been thinking maybe like a cheeta? I do 2HML 6LMG in mine, if only this had 4 energy in the torso, has tonnage for 4HML 6LMGs... that would be a brutal backstabber with ECM.

And there's nothing wrong that that build on 55 ton mech???!!?!?!?!?!???!??! This thing is going to make incapable look incapable.

Omg the decisions made for this game at the top never cease to amaze me.

Big giant chunky barf. Wallet closed.

Edited by JackalBeast, 01 November 2017 - 06:45 PM.

#57 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

I suppose something had to balance out the Hellspawn.

#58 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

Also, for those of you soooo excited to get a 55 ton mech that goes 113.4 kph (121.9 with Speed tweak), I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this; It aint gonna do jack with the profile of a 55 ton mech. That extra tronnage sucked into the engine and masc is the only differentiator from this to the stormcrow, which also turns out to boring as hell.

Oh it can go up to 152 for about 5 seconds you say? Well here is a fresh example; The Arctic Wolf can go up to 152, is 15 tons lighter/smaller and it is still an easy enough target. ACW carries pretty much the same payload as well. This thing/abomination/garbage will be going 40kph and legged before it gets any chance to fire it's generous loadout of micro-lasers and machine guns because if you think you are running these stock and actually think you are going to manage to contribute, you're either a big fool or have never touched a clan mech. Meanwhile the (pick any existing mech in the game) will have it ranged. That's not entirely true, it should be able to run 2 ER-LL with ECM. Isn't there a mech that weighs 10 tons lighter, has ECM and actually has jumpjets/can run 2x ER-ll better?

Anyone have any idea if it will have the extra 5 DHS internal locked that the 385 has room for?

Edited by JackalBeast, 01 November 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#59 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostXavori, on 01 November 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

The only way I'm buying the Lanner is if that does in fact happen. Otherwise, it's just gonna collect dust since it's undergunned for quick play. On the other hand, if it's added to scouting, I'd buy it in a moment, including the hero, because I think it can hold position behind a Bushwacker, and the Clan desperately needs something in scouting to counter that beast.

Side note: In lore, this is a 151kph mech when MASC is active. I suspect in MWO, you'll need speed tweaks, but just doing rough math in my head, it should pull that off making it ridonkulously fast.

Stock speed is 113.4.

MASC Mk. 2 is a 23% speed boost, giving you 139.482 kph.

Speed tweak is 7.5%, bringing our top speed up to 147.9 kph.

Basically:

#60 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 November 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

I suppose something had to balance out the Hellspawn.

That logic disappoints me, but I find it hard to refute.

Nope. All but one chassis only have the 10 standard DHS, and are therefore bereft of the potential 15 DHS in the engine which would have been the only saving grace. The C variant, does have 3/5 internal engine heatsinks tho for a total of 13 in the engine.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users