139 replies to this topic

#61 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:43 PM

might be a bit much to ask but it would be amazing to see the new clan (Viper, Nova, Shark) skins & cockpit gear available as a choice with this

#62 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:59 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 November 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Linebacker has less than half the podspace of the Night Gyr/Nova Cat but it seems to do just fine.

Folks said the same thing about the Linebacker but it still ended up being pretty solid.

That's because besides minor weapon quirks tied to the set of 8 rule, they gave a lot of the individual pods quirks. So yes you have less tonnage from the larger engine and additional heat sinks compared to an ebon, but you also get more durability in the process on several variants and the ability to tinker together some rather nice weapon builds. That's why linebackers largely replaced ebons in a lot of decks and the linebacker rush has become a "thing".

#63 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 01 November 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

Well, the obvious choice was obvious, congrats to all those who correctly predicted the Black Lanner's introduction. It does look awesome for sure stellar job the artwork PGI, but...once again I have to ask WHY ARE WE STILL GETTING 3-PACKS???? We haven't needed 3 of a mech to skill it up since the new skill tree was introduced about 5 MONTHS AGO! Its about time your marketing department "catch up" and let us buy single variants (you might even get more people buying with single variants because its less of an investment...and heck you could sell a "collectors edition" skin for each basic variant and give us REAL CHOICE for a change). I've bough just about every mechpack PGI has released in support of this game but honestly I see no reason to keep buying 3 of something now that I only need one (and typically will only use/skill up one). If I could buy a basic variant for say $7.00 (like you can with the resistance/origins/wave1/2/3 heroes) I likely would...If I could buy a "collectors skin" version of a basic variant for $10-$12.00 I would...If I could buy the hero by itself for $15.00 I would...but this tired old format of having to buy 3 for $20 and potentially having to spend more to get the one variant that you want to skill up (but still having to wait for cbill release to access more than one omnipod of the reinforcements even if you "buy now"), no thanks not anymore sorry PGI. Its a great looking mech, clans could certainly use another 55t option (specially if 55t limit for scouting is reinstated as it should be for both clans and IS) but I really don't need 3+ variants of anything anymore.

This a thousand times yes, I only want to buy Hero Variants or Other Specials that give extra CB. Without the rule of three, there is no reason to get them all, if I wanted one in the lower levels I could buy it with CB, or a chassis price in MC or USD. I would be buying the almost all the, 2 specials from every pack, were they to change this. Ala cart is the way forward PGI.

View PostArkhangel, on 01 November 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

and MGs, Rush. it's got arms that'd fit well for MG boating, specially the hero's three-per

you'd rather have to buy all the omnipods after the fact?

they're sold in three packs so people can try out diff variants. and if you're having trouble affording mech packs, your grocery and rent clearly are in trouble as well.

Or maybe your currency is 14 against the dollar, time to step out of your basement troglodyte.

View PostKrocodockle, on 01 November 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

IS pilots keep saying the scrow is OP. Totally not true. It's good. But to say it's tanky?? It's a 55 tonner with no armor quirks. And fire power? It can streakscrow with 5 missile hardpoints and it can party Crow. It has no dhs in the engine which is a major issue. It is by no means OP and very much inferior to the bushwhacker. Clan tonnage nerf is pre civil war and needs to be removed.

Exactly, the splatcrow is not nearly as tanky as the splatwacker.

Edited by ZortPointNarf, 01 November 2017 - 10:13 PM.

#64 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

View PostBolter01, on 01 November 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

might be a bit much to ask but it would be amazing to see the new clan (Viper, Nova, Shark) skins & cockpit gear available as a choice with this

Might not make much sense though. I haven't hit up sarna yet to confirm it, but this thing looks like a Jade Falcon trademark mech in the vein of the Night Gyr

#65 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:26 PM

ordered it! Dear PGI: it would be realy nice (and brings you my Money) if you bring the Fire Falcon additionaly. Both are in Lore often together and it would be a 25t Mech who is worth his tonnage. So, think about it...

And: any sneak peeks on the new Map which should have come last Month? Realy, the game is getting boring over the time and some people could thinking that you all put your energy into MW5 and MWO is just the Cash cow for this projekt untill you got something better. And if you are at that new stuff think about bringing the HAGs to the Clans as a counterpart for the RACs of the IS. Just as a wish for Christmas this year...

#66 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

Most of you are forgetting tha actual purpose of the mech. It doesn't need to be tanky, it doesn't need a 70 points alpha. That's just tha Assault class mindset.
It's MASC, ECM and huge engine makes it one of the best "strike'n runners" of the game with the only need of mounting high dps/alpha weapons like 4srm6s, 5mpls or heavy medium lasers and MGs.
Alpha and then back to cover at 140kph. It wont handle well the damage because it's not meant to take it in the first place.
It's supposed to be a bigger Shadow Cat, so stop with the "only 12 tons BS"
You wont get a 55ton Night Gyr running at 114kph

#67 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:58 PM

Tempted, but then i'm tempted by the Thanatos too.

Shame the rewards aren't worth splashing out for.

Really want to see the Argus now, I'd drop money on that immediately.

#68 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:05 AM

I personally am more the Eagle or Hawk guy.

Now that we have the Lanner out of the way, I'd like the next clan medium to be a 45t mech. Either ShadowHawk IIC or Mongrel/Grendel.

#69 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

This 'Mech's proportions are bad too...his legs are too long, higher than the original Battlemech in the Battletech's world.
It would be normal to do it...i think...

#70 BulletChief

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 292 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:58 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 01 November 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

So... only 12 ton pod-space on a mech as big as a stromcrow, with no quirks because clams OP?
Thanks, but no thanks!

I'm almost seeing posts in the future about how this mechs sucks, because you know, MASC on a 55 tonner won't help you avoid all those dual gauss shots!

The mech looks good though

Just this..

It looks great but the terrible podspace - OMG.
Fixed 385XL + MASC totally kill this mech.

55tons just to run a 6MG build? No thanks.
Even worse than a Shadow Cat and that's already limited severely by available podspace.

#71 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:07 AM

I have a feedback on mechpack sales policy. Please note this is in no way "Im not buying mechpacks because pgi did this and that" post.

So I bought several mechpacks. Madcat, Nova Cat, Thanatos packs, some with +hero some with +reinforcements.
After playing with those mechs, I now feel like I dont really need four novacats or four madcats. I'd be fine with only one or two. And skilling them up feels like a chore and it takes time I could spent dropping in mechs I like rather than the mechs I have to skill up. It is basically the same story as it was back when you had to play three mechs to fully skill out the one you wanted. I do realize its not necessary at all to skill them out with current system but it just feels wrong so Im doing it anyway.

Now I'd like to have arcticwolf or annihilator or b-lanner, but buying three of them is definately too much as it will turn out in more skilling chore so I'm not buying any.

What I do want is to have an option to select one or two chassis out of five. And pay less. I dont know if it will be profitable for you on a large scale. Just saying that in some cases you can't sell me three mechs for 20 dollars, but you could sell me one for seven dollars.

#72 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:09 AM

wont bother buying it but im sure it can be a solid performer in the right hands. cant even count how often i have seen or done some wrecking in seemingly "useless" or "underperforming" mechs.

the 55t restriction for clan in scouting hurt the mech pretty bad, but i really hope it will never be removed. its not like the clans do not have extremely good 50 tonners to use instead of the noskill-crows.

#73 Tuzson

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:25 AM

View PostDran Dragore, on 01 November 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

any sneak peeks on the new Map which should have come last Month?

The "Crater" map was always intended to be released in November.
A fly over teaser of the new map is coming, and it s "gorgeous" according to Russ.

#74 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

View PostKuaron, on 01 November 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

What's its main difference to a Stormcrow?
Are there any significant ones?

Or is it rather a fluff thing (different Clans and stuff), and if so, could you tell about it?

Faster + ECM option and only half of the podspace, so medium armored/sized light mech.

#75 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:46 AM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 02 November 2017 - 12:05 AM, said:

[Stooping Hawk]

Daily reminder that the Stooping Hawk is an omni with a fixed STD 275 and loses on every corner to a Hunchie IIC, except for a mild advantage in armor. Hunchie IIC can rock any Stooping Hawk build, has the option for more speed, better hardpoint locations, and can go into Scouting. Get that grossness out of here. Stooping Hawk's an insult and typical lore wankery.

#76 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:05 AM

Ayy Lmao

Now what I should buy? Black Lanner (Omni + Totem 'Mech; both treats very wanted by me) or Esprit de Corps + Ebon Dragoon?

:(

#77 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:32 AM

I think I'll pass on this one.

#78 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:36 AM

Torn on how to order this one. Clearly the D is going to have the most useful pods, so the reinforcements is a necessity. Plus I want a c-bill version. So collectors + reinforcements or basic + reinforcements + hero. The hero paintjob looks like it might turn out more interesting, so I'm leaning that way. On the plus side I only need the basic to lock in the preorder and can decide the rest later.

#79 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

View PostCed Riggs, on 02 November 2017 - 02:46 AM, said:

Daily reminder that the Stooping Hawk is an omni with a fixed STD 275 and loses on every corner to a Hunchie IIC, except for a mild advantage in armor. Hunchie IIC can rock any Stooping Hawk build, has the option for more speed, better hardpoint locations, and can go into Scouting. Get that grossness out of here. Stooping Hawk's an insult and typical lore wankery.

I know it does, but it still has 20.5t of podspace (compared to the 11t of the BLanner or 23t of the Stormcrow), with optional jump jets, endo, ferro, no fixed equipment and at 81kph it still runs at a reasonable speed (same as Nova/Huntsman). Give it some nice armor/structure quirks and allow STD engines on omnimechs to utilize engine internal heat sinks (in this case 1) and you've got a sustainable brawler with decent zombie capabilities when using the C variant. It won't beat the Hunchback IIC in terms of being meta, but neither does the BLanner, the Vapour Eagle or the Rapid Coyote and that's all we've got left in the 55t bracket. It's not like I suggested the Owens -> that one is truly awful, but 2nd most sought after 35t IS mech.

#80 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:54 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 01 November 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

That's because besides minor weapon quirks tied to the set of 8 rule, they gave a lot of the individual pods quirks. So yes you have less tonnage from the larger engine and additional heat sinks compared to an ebon, but you also get more durability in the process on several variants and the ability to tinker together some rather nice weapon builds. That's why linebackers largely replaced ebons in a lot of decks and the linebacker rush has become a "thing".

No Dee. Lbk rush is a thing because speed, srms, 65t armor. Try again buddy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users