25 replies to this topic

#21 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:47 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 03 November 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

Never understand that "anounce a mech and wait months for a mech"-thing.

Actually I kind of feel you on this one. I really don't understand the 3-5 month delay between the pre-order and the delivery of the mech. I mean when a new premium ship comes out for WoWS, they have a few weeks of Community Contributors playing the ship so that people can get a feel for what they are about to buy, then when the ship comes out, it is immediately available to buy and play.

So yeah, it would be really nice if the mech was actually available to play immediately. I mean hell take the new Black Lanner. It doesn't release to Feb. I don't even know what the hell I will be doing come February so why would I want to buy something I can't even use for 3 month?. Traditionally I have pre-ordered a bunch of mechs but now that I have 179 mechs in my stable with 1 more coming at the end of the current event, 5 more coming on the 14th with the Loyalty Program and 4 more with the Thantos pack....Jesus do I really have 10 new mechs coming on the 14th???!!!....anyway, the point is that it is getting very hard to justify something I won't even be able to play for 3+ months.

#22 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:56 AM

View PostMystere, on 03 November 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Good blast from the past!

It definitely helps things 'make sense'.

#23 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:11 AM

I feel ya OP. This was part of the reason why I wanted 2 mechs for the Clan/IS per month. A few months ago there was a poll that was conducted on twitter from Russ asking us if we wanted "1 mech a month or 4 mechs every so often". Alot of people were trying to write in that they wanted the 2 mechs a month, so that both sides have something to look forward to. Yet again, we come back to the same issue with the lack of communication and the sheer ignorance that this company never fails to display.

Anything can happen to any of us that might prevent us from playing. One day you might wake up and find out a close friend or family member has died. Or you could step inside your car going to work, and get in a car accident later on that day which will leave you permanently disabled. You might go to bed tonight and find out that you never wake up again. Of course these are extreme examples, but my point is sh*t really does happen to all of us at some point in our lives. This is part of the reason why I have been sticking around for so long, because I simply want to experience the things that I enjoyed in Mechwarrior and Battletech before I can't anymore.

#24 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:15 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 03 November 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

I feel ya OP. This was part of the reason why I wanted 2 mechs for the Clan/IS per month. A few months ago there was a poll that was conducted on twitter from Russ asking us if we wanted "1 mech a month or 4 mechs every so often". Alot of people were trying to write in that they wanted the 2 mechs a month, so that both sides have something to look forward to.

You only need to look at the overall lack of quality control with 2 Civil War 4 'mech packs, to see why even 2 'mechs a month would lead to lesser quality 'mechs being released.

The Thanatos is PGI's last chance to prove the can, in fact, still make 'mechs. Otherwise, it's game over if they can't even get that right any more.

#25 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 03 November 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

You only need to look at the overall lack of quality control with 2 Civil War 4 'mech packs, to see why even 2 'mechs a month would lead to lesser quality 'mechs being released.

The Thanatos is PGI's last chance to prove the can, in fact, still make 'mechs. Otherwise, it's game over if they can't even get that right any more.

That is a little extreme of a comparison imo. I think it was only 2 out of those 4 mechs that people had complaints about. The Mad Cat Mk.2's walking animations (which were eventually fixed) and the Uziel. When the Escalation mechs were released, I've only seen people complain about the Nightstar. I will admit when I did farm the Halloween event I thought the Nightstar's walking animations were horrible, but all of the other mechs I saw in game from the new packs seemed fine to me. I heard nothing but complements about how "sexy" the Nova Cat was in game.

#26 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

When the mechs all come out same day and the lack of info on how they actually play other that the wall of text listing the stock load out and hard points you really can't tell if a mech will work for you. At least trial mechs let you try out a mech. If there was an option to try the new pre-order mechs even in just testing grounds that would make me give more thought to a mech. At best we only the ngng preview videos which only drop a day or two to a few hours before everyone has the mech.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users