In Which I State Hyperbole As Fact That Clans Dont Need A Scouting Tonnage Increase.

27 replies to this topic

#21 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 November 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

so hating FW and playing 26 scout matches suddenly makes you an expert on scout mode?

Hurr durr did I say that? No, I said that Scouting in FW is easily boiled down. Its not chess we are talking about. Its four mechs on four, where they are inherently more fragile due to weight restrictions, which makes focusing and legging a mech a quick way to sway the fight, and in that pursuit the current weight classes arent hindering anything. The simplicity and blatant lack of effort on PGI's part to make FW something meaningful doesnt even foster hatred, it's more of a flavorful degree of contempt.

Experiencing it as a solo pilot out and about in the mix with all manner of pilots does provide a bit of insight that hasnt changed now that Ive done 40 matches or so. There is no depth to this game mode. There are, for whatever reason, magical knowledge poles that my mech clips through that I SHOULD care about but dont at all, and four mechs with guaranteed delicate legs to fight. Thats it.

#22 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

View PostZacharyJ, on 07 November 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

I dont own a Huntsman so Ive never played with the builds out there, can it manage high point alphas like the SCR? Nova's are so easily dismantled, so I feel like the SCR wins in that department.

HMN has an extra ton of pod space, with effectively maxed armor, and brings jump jets that you will actually be happy to have, since it actually gets off the ground very well. HMN can bring similar, if not superior, mixed loadout builds from hardpoint variety alone, plus has the extra podspace, however you need to play with its odd crit usage - which bars LB20X from use on it. Pure smaller laser boating, SCR and NVA have it beat, as does the HBK-IIC. Pure ballistics, technically the HBK-IIC has an edge due to the mutability of engine size and more useful critspace. Medium Pulse boating syncs with it well, however, and nothing, nothing boats missiles the way the Huntsman can, outside of the Arctic Wolf. And even then, you're sacrificing accuracy for tubecount with the Wolf.

Durability standpoint wise, the HMN can armor roll incredibly well, but, like the HBK-IIC and SCR, has fairly large feet to focus. Ironically, while the ST of the NVA are easier to focus than the SCR, its legs, the "easy kill" target for scouting, is harder due to a lower stance with protecting arms that cover them from the sides, a bit. I'd therefore call durability about a wash, there.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 07 November 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#23 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

^ Now thats a solid, helpful post.

#24 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostZacharyJ, on 07 November 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

^ Now thats a solid, helpful post.

I try to stay objective. Try.

However, the Church of the Huntsman welcomes all with gun-nubs wide open. :D

#25 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

I never liked the mech in Battletech so I dont have any interest in it... I tend to only gravitate towards the ones Im nostalgic about, however I do take the odd mech out of boredom, typically ones that PGI has given me like the loyalty King Crab, Atlas or Centurion.

I can however recognize its awesome hardpoints, I just like my Shadowcat more from a kid-grown-up playstyle.

#26 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,015 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

I say let the Clans have there 55 tonner back

and increase the invasion tonnage for Clans to the IS 265

things cant get much worse then they are now and if someone can have a little
fun with the Mechs they bought let them

one thing that would be cool would be to open up scouting to all 55 ton clan mechs
on the same day as the clans get there new 55 tonner

that way we can really see some tears lol

#27 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

Given that even if you put the Storm Crow back in, few people would use it, what difference does it make? I'd use it. And that's all I care about! XD

#28 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

there can be only result of this thread.

Pgi will further reduce the clan scouting tonnage limit to 45.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users