Do Any Clan Units/groups Do Fp During The Oceanic Cycle At All?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:46 AM

Beause when the war log looks like this 3.5 hours into the oceanic cycle, it doesnt look like there are any out there.

Posted Image

And every time i try the LFG option/ask in clan chat, I get no response...

Edit : Well 228 was dropping completely unopposed for the last 2 hours of the cycle...just ghost drops and seals...

Edited by Jun Watarase, 08 November 2017 - 05:25 AM.

#2 Phantom Grizzly

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:40 AM

Please keep it polite, fellas.

#3 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

It might pick up *a little* once the event is over since most will go for the quick 50 matches via scouting...

Edited by Ironically Ironclad Irony, 08 November 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#4 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:36 PM

Hi Jun, you were in a Siege Attack on Sulfurous with The Templars last night (there were 9 or 10 of us) and I observed some things that I want to share feedback about.

We decided to try an attack that we almost never use just to mix things up (Center Gate). You disagreed with what our Drop Caller announced in VOIP and proceeded to do your own thing, even after I politely explained that we were just trying something experimental and that we would win regardless of what happened on Wave 1. You opted to not play with the group but the other pickup players followed along with no complaints.

For the remainder of the match you really never played with the group and the only benefit you provided to the effort was that you sometimes distracted the enemy from the main push.

We would have been much happier if you disagreed with what we were doing, but joined the team effort anyway. 12 pilots following the wrong call is much better than each pilot choosing a separate plan and it would have been nice if you respected the fact that someone was wiling to provide Drop Calling to the group.

Ultimately we won the match on Wave 4, but the win would have been better if it was a collective win with everyone on the team working together, even if they didn't all agree on the means. At that point in the evening we had a couple of spots open, but had you asked to join our group we would have politely declined.

I actually think you are a a good pilot; I don't always agree with your builds but you seem to put up decent numbers and you do at least communicate some. Best of luck to you and see you in-game.

Regards,

Xann

#5 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

Teamwork means sometimes 12 players executing a unpopular strat is typically more effective than 12 players playing as individuals...

#6 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:50 PM

I am amazed that you can know what diplomatic is Dai, let alone BE IT!

#7 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 08 November 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

I am amazed that you can know what diplomatic is Dai, let alone BE IT!

I miss you Devlin.

But that's because my ping sucks and I'm a terrible shot. Posted Image

Edited by Daidachi, 08 November 2017 - 11:16 PM.

#8 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:23 AM

- You have over the past few nights accused almost 90% of people I have been grouped with of hacking, asked your team to report us, and suicide rather than fight when you are the last mech remaining - whether that be by running out of bounds, or firing your LRM's in order to overheat yourself and die.

This never happened. I played against your group a total of twice in the last week...both times I dropped with bad russian guy and his group, who can confirm that i did nothing of that sort. Several members of your team were trash talking for the entire match, and I suggested in team chat that people might want to report those specific players for harrassing language.At no point whatsoever did i suggest that anyone on your team was hacking.

Your group is so famous for trash talking that even random players know instantly who i am talking about when i say "12 man trash talking" and provide no other identifying information.

And of course you cannot provide any proof to back up your claims either since it never happened.

Suciding on purpose is a violation of the COC. You could simply report me to PGI support for this, but you cannot since I never did it and you have no proof that I did anything of that sort. Also you just blatantly violated the name and shame part of the forum COC, to drag a thread off topic into a witch hunt, when all I did was ask whether any clan units drop during the oceanic cycle.

We decided to try an attack that we almost never use just to mix things up (Center Gate). You disagreed with what our Drop Caller announced in VOIP and proceeded to do your own thing, even after I politely explained that we were just trying something experimental and that we would win regardless of what happened on Wave 1. You opted to not play with the group but the other pickup players followed along with no complaints.

This again, is false. I pushed with you guys into mid, and proceeded to get stomped when an Atlas ran into my face from the left. I brought brawl builds to this map and was brawling the entire time, with the team. For the 2nd and 3rd wave, you guys switched gates and still got slaughtered by the IS pug team. The only reason we won was because you guys decided you couldnt outfight the pug team and decided to gen rush on the last wave.

On every wave I was with the team brawling in brawl builds. To accuse me of not contributing is hilarious.

This is also the match in which you asked Xavier from MS why he was solo dropping and he replied that he was doing it to organize solo drops, and that they had other 12 mans dropping.

What actually happened in that match : You guys wanted to push mid. I said this was a bad idea. Someone from your unit made sarcastic comments. After opening the gate, you guys wanted to wait for the satellite sweep to see where the defenders were. IMHO, this was a bad idea, since not only did the defenders know which gate we were coming in from, you gave them extra time to form a firing line. (Whether or not this is a good idea or not is better discussed in another thread if you are so inclined). If there was a danger of a 12 man doing a counter push (and we had the option of switching gates to avoid it), then I would agree waiting for the satellite sweep, but we were up against pugs in random mechs.

I said that waiting for the satellite sweep was a bad idea, Same guy from your unit made sarcastic comments again. Since you guys insisted on waiting for the sweep, i waited, pushed in with you guys, and then everyone died. After we respawned, I said that mid was a bad idea. Same player from your unit then tried to get me to eject all my mechs. At this point, I just stopped bothering trying to talk strategy.

Also you mentioned "the other pick up players". This again, is a lie. It was a 11 man of your unit + me. There were no other pick up players.

I will even post proof of this :

Posted Image

What other pick up players do you see in the screenshot? And before you claim that "it was another match", i have literally played with you guys a total of twice, and have screenshots of both matches. The other match was on polar, and has been posted on the FP forum in another thread.

Either you have a faulty memory, or are just blatantly lying. I am not sure which.

Either way, this is ridiculous. If you have issue with someone, you are supposed to talk to them directly or report it to PGI if it breaks the COC. This thread has degenerated into a pointless witch hunt when the purpose was to find out if any clan units drop in FP during the oceanic cycle.

#9 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

Back on topic : FP event just started. Sat in the LFG queue for over an hour...only two groups in there and both were doing group queue, not FP. Nobody responded in clan chat when I asked if anyone was doing FP. Everyone on my friend list was either IS, not doing FP, or were offline. The sole exception was someone in diamond shark but he didnt respond in time before his group dropped, not sure if he was doing FP or group queue.

Lately, i've only been able to get groups in the EU cycle, there just doesnt seem to be many clanners in FP in the oceanic cycle atm.

#10 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:12 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 11 November 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

This never happened. I played against your group a total of twice in the last week...both times I dropped with bad russian guy and his group, who can confirm that i did nothing of that sort. Several members of your team were trash talking for the entire match, and I suggested in team chat that people might want to report those specific players for harrassing language.At no point whatsoever did i suggest that anyone on your team was hacking.

Your group is so famous for trash talking that even random players know instantly who i am talking about when i say "12 man trash talking" and provide no other identifying information.

And of course you cannot provide any proof to back up your claims either since it never happened.

Suciding on purpose is a violation of the COC. You could simply report me to PGI support for this, but you cannot since I never did it and you have no proof that I did anything of that sort. Also you just blatantly violated the name and shame part of the forum COC, to drag a thread off topic into a witch hunt, when all I did was ask whether any clan units drop during the oceanic cycle.

This again, is false. I pushed with you guys into mid, and proceeded to get stomped when an Atlas ran into my face from the left. I brought brawl builds to this map and was brawling the entire time, with the team. For the 2nd and 3rd wave, you guys switched gates and still got slaughtered by the IS pug team. The only reason we won was because you guys decided you couldnt outfight the pug team and decided to gen rush on the last wave.

On every wave I was with the team brawling in brawl builds. To accuse me of not contributing is hilarious.

This is also the match in which you asked Xavier from MS why he was solo dropping and he replied that he was doing it to organize solo drops, and that they had other 12 mans dropping.

What actually happened in that match : You guys wanted to push mid. I said this was a bad idea. Someone from your unit made sarcastic comments. After opening the gate, you guys wanted to wait for the satellite sweep to see where the defenders were. IMHO, this was a bad idea, since not only did the defenders know which gate we were coming in from, you gave them extra time to form a firing line. (Whether or not this is a good idea or not is better discussed in another thread if you are so inclined). If there was a danger of a 12 man doing a counter push (and we had the option of switching gates to avoid it), then I would agree waiting for the satellite sweep, but we were up against pugs in random mechs.

I said that waiting for the satellite sweep was a bad idea, Same guy from your unit made sarcastic comments again. Since you guys insisted on waiting for the sweep, i waited, pushed in with you guys, and then everyone died. After we respawned, I said that mid was a bad idea. Same player from your unit then tried to get me to eject all my mechs. At this point, I just stopped bothering trying to talk strategy.

Also you mentioned "the other pick up players". This again, is a lie. It was a 11 man of your unit + me. There were no other pick up players.

I will even post proof of this :

Posted Image

What other pick up players do you see in the screenshot? And before you claim that "it was another match", i have literally played with you guys a total of twice, and have screenshots of both matches. The other match was on polar, and has been posted on the FP forum in another thread.

Either you have a faulty memory, or are just blatantly lying. I am not sure which.

Either way, this is ridiculous. If you have issue with someone, you are supposed to talk to them directly or report it to PGI if it breaks the COC. This thread has degenerated into a pointless witch hunt when the purpose was to find out if any clan units drop in FP during the oceanic cycle.

Posted Image

#11 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

To answer the OP's original question. No there are not.

There has been little organised activity in the OC cycle for over 2 years now. What you have is a dedicated but shrinking group of CW players that that sometime group together to roll what little opposition presents itself. This is true of both Clan and IS with a few mercs thrown in flip flopping between sides to upset the balance every other week.

Occasionally you will see a group of late night NA players in the early part of OC or conversely early EU players. AFAIK the only truly OC unit that can still field a 12 man on a regular basis is 228 and they largely don't bother because there is no real challenge for them.

What you see in OC is the future of MWO. It is not promising.

#12 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

Dayum, Jun with the smackdown!

He's also the only one on that side with decent damage.

Jun--are you up when KCom are dropping? I sometimes play with them late (like midnight California time).

#13 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Hi Jun I'm a Oceanic player and I'm in R79T. It's a large Jade Falcon Loyalist unit mostly NA but they have EU and OC members and trothkin as well and decent amount of late night NA regulars your more then welcome to drop with us.

#14 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

Glorious rebuttal Jun. Anyways, CGBI has a small oceanic group and we have people on at the time you're looking for but not regularly so no guarantees on that. I would definitely suggest the guys at MORB however, who consistently play during the oceanic times. And as you seem to be able to put up a decent amount of damage and have a good grasp of tactics, I'm sure they'd be happy to have you drop with them. I used to play with them regularly and still sometimes do and would highly recommend those guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users