- - - - -

Rockets? Range?

8 replies to this topic

#1 FallenShaw

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Have a about 1 ton left in my mech and not using the 2 missle hard points in it, so I figured instead of throwing 6 armor on my legs i got left to max it, leave my mech 1 ton light even and throw on 2 rocket 10s as my heat ratio is 1.4 already. Only.... in game feels like they arn't dealing damage. Is there a min range to them doesn't say in the tool tip in game anything about a min range, so figured id come here and ask. Just feels like an ppc effect, I shoot only the animation goes off.

#2 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

You can see that there is a minimum range on the damage chart when you mouseover the item. I think it's 90 meters. Proved to be better for gameplay than without it after we tested in on the PTS before the release.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostFallenShaw, on 03 December 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Have a about 1 ton left in my mech and not using the 2 missle hard points in it, so I figured instead of throwing 6 armor on my legs i got left to max it, leave my mech 1 ton light even and throw on 2 rocket 10s as my heat ratio is 1.4 already. Only.... in game feels like they arn't dealing damage. Is there a min range to them doesn't say in the tool tip in game anything about a min range, so figured id come here and ask. Just feels like an ppc effect, I shoot only the animation goes off.

I believe they did add in a minimum range to Rockets, because they were all but one shooting mechs to death for a while upon their introduction. I'm not sure as I don't actually use rockets, so I haven't looked at them, but I recall seeing in a patch note about it... (but I could still be wrong.)

#4 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:42 PM

Rocket range is 50-540m. Both are hard limits; they will not do any damage at all under 50 or over 540. Taking the weapon range skill nodes can extend the maximum range, but the minimum range can't be changed.

*edit. See below. All rocket launchers have the same minimum range of 50m, but as Teer pointed out each launcher size actually has a different maximum range.

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 03 December 2017 - 07:16 PM.

#5 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

According to smurfy max range depends on model.

#6 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 03 December 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

According to smurfy max range depends on model.

Huh, never noticed that. What gives? 540 for RL10, 450 for RL15, 360 for RL20? That would make rockets the only missile type with different ranges for different launcher sizes. Smurfy draws info directly from the game files, so those must be the right numbers. Way to make the game mechanics less convoluted, PGI.

#7 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:08 AM

Minimum range can always be observed by moving the reticle from the horizon to a positon directly in front of your feet. Any weapon that has a minimum range will grey out in the weapon bar when that threshold is reached.

#8 FallenShaw

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

I wondered how that locust lived when i point blank ct fired two 15 rockets... I knew he didnt have the armor to stand up to 60 damage. Sadly he got away.

#9 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:41 AM

View PostFallenShaw, on 04 December 2017 - 01:33 AM, said:

I wondered how that locust lived when i point blank ct fired two 15 rockets... I knew he didnt have the armor to stand up to 60 damage. Sadly he got away.

Well the rockets spread and the Locust is realy a little one .... but I'm sure you've hurt the planet....a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users