Jump to content

Countdown To Mwo Annual Rewards! Nov 14Th Deadline


70 replies to this topic

#21 Teer Kerensky

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,875 posts
  • LocationNorthern Europe

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:59 PM

Not super exited about any Urbie, as when I got the Blackjack last year, I ended up playing it quite little. But given I get that, I think I will try some loadouts with STD 60, the way I'd look at it the only thing Urbie has unique besides 360 torso, is the ability to take so low grade engine to pack more stuff in. Not sure how great weapons you can take with those hardpoints.

Another intresting thing I will probably try , is with max engine, because it can be just funny to have a pretty fast Urbie.

#22 Ertur

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

I was on team "Never Urbie" for a long time. When I heard we were getting them as a loyalty mech, I bit the bullet and got a couple (cbill 60 and 63). They are surprisingly fun. So I also got a K-9 for MC. Even considered getting the collector's pack for the (S) variant but it was a 63, which was my least favorite of the bunch. It's a fine mech, but it just wasn't worth getting a second one for that money.

#23 Juscar

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:37 AM

Posted Image

#24 Odanan

    Volunteer Moderator

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,766 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:01 AM

Posted Image

#25 Hagen von Tronje

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 252 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:57 AM

Yeah, i always wanted such a round headed, pedal opened Trashcan for my Hangar. You surely know those things i mean.Posted Image
And no i get one .
Never liked Urbies...never will.Posted Image
Maybe i could use his parts for repairing my other Mechs or i put it empty on the back of an Atlas so that he can collect spare parts and other loot....

#26 Cyrilis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 627 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Locust pilots

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:14 AM

View PostHagen von Tronje, on 09 November 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

Yeah, i always wanted such a round headed, pedal opened Trashcan for my Hangar. You surely know those things i mean.Posted Image
And no i get one .
Never liked Urbies...never will.Posted Image
Maybe i could use his parts for repairing my other Mechs or i put it empty on the back of an Atlas so that he can collect spare parts and other loot....


Tie an Urbie to an Atlas?
You mean like this?:

https://youtu.be/BowGSFq-Wf4?t=1076

Edited by Cyrilis, 09 November 2017 - 06:15 AM.


#27 Darrious Quinn

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:53 AM

I think I'm most looking forward to the Urbie and Griffin. I've always been a fan of both and a new variant Griff will breath some new life into the chassis. As for Urbie... I'm sorry... you can't have too many Urbies..... Even if all you do with them is dress them up, paint them and give them funny decal faces and then stand them in the corner of your hanger on the shelf with your life sized Natasha Kerensky poseable figure.

As our first Missle-Urbie though... he will be used.

Now.. my REAL question is this though...

Considering Urbies 360 screw top head, and the new UM-R68 having an upper actuator in its missile arm. Do we want to start placing bets on how comical the missile physics are going to be when you are looking 180 behind you and fire a LOCK weapon in the forward?

If I remember correctly.. the current weapon arms don't flip the 180 to fire at rear opponents. Hypothetically however, You should be able to lock onto a rear target and fire. As with any locked weapon, you can acquire lock and fire upwards...but.... what would the consequences of firing straight ahead? Streaks take the most direct path to their target. Would you hit yourself hmmm? LRMs I could see getting lost since their flight pathing is so.... lazy? Streak though.... I look forward to the science behind if a streak weapon would double back on and destroying its firing mech.

Just food for thought.


ALL HAIL URBIE!!

#28 Tanar

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 09 November 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:


Tie an Urbie to an Atlas?
You mean like this?:

https://youtu.be/BowGSFq-Wf4?t=1076



I think he wants the urbie curby.



--------------------------------------




#1 [color=#ffb600]InnerSphereNews[/color]



Member
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Developer
  • Posted Image
  • 1,871 posts
Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:00 PM
We're excited to announce the UrbanMech UM-R60! This little guy packs quite the little punch with 1 AC/10 and 1 Small Laser for popping off those Mechs you know are hiding in an urban area. With a top speed of 32.4 kph, you won't be expected to chase down those pesky Jenners. Finally!

The UrbanMech UM-R60 will be available from April 1st with a Premium Skin. This unique Mech is available to only the most loyal MechWarriors, including 2 variants and the additional Hero variant.

A new Hero Mech arrives on the battlefield! The UM-CUB "Urbie Curby" comes hot from the manufacturer with two rear mounted AC/20s for pummeling at close range. Grab a partner pilot to join the glory, this Mech has no need for an engine! Ask a lancemate to tow you around (Attach hitch with "E") or stay put at your base like a defensive turret.

Edited by Tanar, 09 November 2017 - 07:07 AM.


#29 Cyrilis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 627 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Locust pilots

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:14 AM

View PostTanar, on 09 November 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:


I think he wants the urbie curby.



don't we all?

#30 Buenaventura

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 182 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:35 AM

Now if I only could decide if I should get the Hellspawn or Thanatos (starter pack). I'm not attached to any of them.
If you'd get only one of these packs, which would you take and why?

#31 Arkhangel

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 959 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:28 AM

I'd go for the Thanny. 75 tonners are always solid performers. plus it's about to come out too.

#32 Juodas Varnas

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 7,470 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

Gosh darn those camo patterns, maaaaaaaaaan


I want patterns like these on ALL of my mechs

#33 Barkem Squirrel

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,051 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostTanar, on 09 November 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:



I think he wants the urbie curby.



--------------------------------------




#1 [color=#ffb600]InnerSphereNews[/color]



Member
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Developer
  • Posted Image
  • 1,871 posts
Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

We're excited to announce the UrbanMech UM-R60! This little guy packs quite the little punch with 1 AC/10 and 1 Small Laser for popping off those Mechs you know are hiding in an urban area. With a top speed of 32.4 kph, you won't be expected to chase down those pesky Jenners. Finally!

The UrbanMech UM-R60 will be available from April 1st with a Premium Skin. This unique Mech is available to only the most loyal MechWarriors, including 2 variants and the additional Hero variant.

A new Hero Mech arrives on the battlefield! The UM-CUB "Urbie Curby" comes hot from the manufacturer with two rear mounted AC/20s for pummeling at close range. Grab a partner pilot to join the glory, this Mech has no need for an engine! Ask a lancemate to tow you around (Attach hitch with "E") or stay put at your base like a defensive turret.


Like this?

Posted Image

#34 Khalcruth

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 468 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit Rock City!

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

What on earth is the griffin's paint scheme supposed to look like, anyway? I really don't get it.

#35 Barkem Squirrel

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,051 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

What I see happening is the MRM at first, then LRM just because you can. Then to SRM's with a few ERML's or ML's.

Now if there is a missile Quirk along with armor quirks (indestructible urbie mode) an SRM brawler would be interesting. Now a dual LRM 5 would not really work too good. The queries have been a bit LRMey the last few months and people mounting AMS has made a comeback.

Still a 125 XL with two erml or ml's has a bit of tonnage to play with and one LRM 15 is a good choice or two LRM 5's when AMS is not used as much in the future.

#36 stealthraccoon

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,457 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

I’m going to do a little stripping and go for MRM30 and 2erML:
(Osiris is good proxy for now)
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...038261e32c1bba1[/smurfy]

#37 Tanar

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 09 November 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:


Like this?

Posted Image



yeah I couldn't find the original

#38 Cyrilis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 627 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Locust pilots

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:16 PM

So... those Loyalty paintjobs are just awesome.
If I get is correct there is a kind of 'elements' design.

Urbie - Earth
Griffin - Water
Linebacker - Air
Viktor - Fire
Kitfox - well, tricky. the only thing I could imagine is some mental 'Qi' power stuff

what do you think?

#39 BrunoSSace

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 704 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

Wish they show the location of the other missle location and energy hardpoint on the Griffin. Im guessing the missile hardpoint will be just below the current one and the other energy might be right next to the other one. So id be happy with the current hight of energy hardpoints if this is the case.

Edited by BrunoSSace, 09 November 2017 - 10:22 PM.


#40 Odanan

    Volunteer Moderator

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,766 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:50 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 09 November 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

So... those Loyalty paintjobs are just awesome.
If I get is correct there is a kind of 'elements' design.

Urbie - Earth
Griffin - Water
Linebacker - Air
Viktor - Fire
Kitfox - well, tricky. the only thing I could imagine is some mental 'Qi' power stuff

what do you think?

Heart! The 5th element is Heart!

Posted Image

OK, based on the wallpapers, I think it's something like this:





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users