4 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:45 PM

First I would like to say. I hate Daylight Savings Time.

It messes me up for about a week every time, pardon the pun. It was originally conceived as a practical joke by Benjamin Franklin, only I'm not laughing. Congress put it into effect for pilots during World War II. However, with today's nightvision, avionics, and electronics, I don't think we even need it anymore.

It's a hassle to change your clock. And which way do you change the time. A nightmare if someone is dyslexic. By the way, I'm not. But still it's an inconvenience and then when you try to get up in the morning your brain is still going "you've still got an hour....zzzzzz".

The dog want's to go out at seven, although it's now what, eight, maybe six. Throws the dog off too.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:35 AM

I think it's pointless anyway,s worked bakc then buw nowdays it's probably not going to save anything anymore. Time to get rid of it.

#3 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:56 AM

Trivial problem at best ...
I´m working shift and don´t have a problem with adjusting body clock and rl clock to my (dis)liking .

#4 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:09 AM

as useless as one and two cent coins, but still not a single freaking person seem to be able to stop this madness.
I mean every almost every person hates this (ok in spring it might be ok when you don't have a light on your bicycle)

While I don't have any issues (I can sleep almost everywhere and every when) - things are different when you have children.

#5 D V Devnull

• 4,268 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

I would also say that Daylight Savings Time needs to die in a fire. I'm past sick of having my body clock constantly 'out of whack' and my sleep cycling pushed to ruin. Between that and PGI being too short-winded on time allowances for Events, I'm a total wreck all year round. :angry:

Kalimaster, you've written an awesome post. I like. B)

~Mr. D. V. "Another Casualty caused by Daylight Savings Time" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 08 November 2017 - 05:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users