Looking For A 50-60 Ton Mech.

23 replies to this topic

#21 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:56 PM

the Bushwhacker is fun as Hell and good for scouting and with an XL i never Iose a torso mostly i get legged then die.I actually bought 2 of the X1s with 4 ballistic slots.

Edited by Gorantir, 11 November 2017 - 10:58 PM.

#22 Feezou

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

It seems like a popular choice was the Huntsman and the Stormcrow. I'll consider buying these. I'd like to thank everyone for their input.

#23 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

View PostKoniving, on 10 November 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

(Your heat issue is from boating SRM-4s and firing them simultaneously. You could solve the problem by dropping one launcher or switching to fire 2 then 2.)

I'm assuming this is related to the 2D2 video?
Honestly, I don't think the heat from 4 SRM4 is a problem that can't actually be managed and I wouldn't make any changes to the build based on heat (though perhaps for ammo).

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostHusker Dude, on 13 November 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

I'm assuming this is related to the 2D2 video?
Honestly, I don't think the heat from 4 SRM4 is a problem that can't actually be managed and I wouldn't make any changes to the build based on heat (though perhaps for ammo).

You're right. Ghost heat used to punish that but in MWO it's just 12 units of heat without penalty. Some time ago, the limit for launchers was 3 SRM-4s, any more and they would punish you. I was thinking of that.

In terms of hit detection it may still work better doing 2 and 2 instead of all four at once, but that's for you to decide.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users