So 2X Uac20 Works On Scout...

56 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:35 AM

I just finished my 10 solokills on a 2x UAC20 [4t], XL235 Hunchback with 2x UAC20, and it boggles my mind why it works at all.

I was thinking of being able to put 80 damage in one spot, but then of course that's 16 shells i have to stare down. Knowing that scouts usually devolve into brawls, but i do find myself in situations where i could stare them down somewhat rather often, and when i do, it's working.

Why?

In contrast of a 6x SRM6A, how is the 2x UAC20 working? I was even chainfiring it so i wouldn't heat up -- is that it? Cause i literally stream all 16 shells? Is 16 shells each with 5 shells done in under 2 seconds scary? (well, yes i suppose it is, that's 80 damage). I FACED TO FACE Griffins with this thing, literally our mechs touching and stuff, and i wasn't even going for dem-legs.

Spoiler

Well, if i were to explain what i see, i do notice that they are being scared and when i'm literally pummeling them they seem to pause, is it because 16 shells with 5 damage each is scary (and reasonably so), can't they just torso twist? Likewise, i ran a bit cooler than 6x SRM6A, and i could shoot in a stream reasonably continuous like 66.66% of the time if RNGesus didn't cursed me, leaving 33.34% on cooldown.

I was sure that i would be defeated in a brawl, knowing it's conventions and all. I actively try to avoid it because of that, yet when it happens, while i go down swinging i also do good somewhat better than expected.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 13 November 2017 - 04:44 AM.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:43 AM

As of recently, there has been a lot (and i mean a LOT) of double AC20 (both UAC and LBX) Hunchers in Scouting.

And i hate it.
Made me quit Scouting and play Invasion for the Event. Posted Image

#3 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:45 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 November 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

As of recently, there has been a lot (and i mean a LOT) of double AC20 (both UAC and LBX) Hunchers in Scouting.

And i hate it.
Made me quit Scouting and play Invasion for the Event. Posted Image

Lol, sorry about that. As per the convention of brawling, i was pretty sure that it wouldn't work, but strangely it does. Don't know why.

If i met another 2x UAC20 too:

Posted Image

Edited by The6thMessenger, 13 November 2017 - 04:47 AM.

#4 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 13 November 2017 - 04:45 AM, said:

If i met another 2x UAC20 too:

Posted Image

Good thing IS mechs can't fit that, eh?

#5 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 November 2017 - 04:48 AM, said:

... yeah. :P

Although the streamfire makes it terrible.

#6 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:03 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 13 November 2017 - 04:49 AM, said:

... yeah. Posted Image

Although the streamfire makes it terrible.

IS UAC20s stream as well. But have 100 meters less range and weigh a [Redacted]ton more.

BALANCE.

Edited by draiocht, 14 November 2017 - 12:49 PM.
inappropriate language

#7 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:21 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 November 2017 - 04:48 AM, said:

Obviously you aren't trying hard enough! http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b1c31e400bf43fe

#8 BenAran

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 13 November 2017 - 04:35 AM, said:

I just finished my 10 solokills on a 2x UAC20 [4t], XL235 Hunchback with 2x UAC20, and it boggles my mind why it works at all.

I was thinking of being able to put 80 damage in one spot, but then of course that's 16 shells i have to stare down. Knowing that scouts usually devolve into brawls, but i do find myself in situations where i could stare them down somewhat rather often, and when i do, it's working.

Why?

In contrast of a 6x SRM6A, how is the 2x UAC20 working? I was even chainfiring it so i wouldn't heat up -- is that it? Cause i literally stream all 16 shells? Is 16 shells each with 5 shells done in under 2 seconds scary? (well, yes i suppose it is, that's 80 damage). I FACED TO FACE Griffins with this thing, literally our mechs touching and stuff, and i wasn't even going for dem-legs.

Spoiler

Well, if i were to explain what i see, i do notice that they are being scared and when i'm literally pummeling them they seem to pause, is it because 16 shells with 5 damage each is scary (and reasonably so), can't they just torso twist? Likewise, i ran a bit cooler than 6x SRM6A, and i could shoot in a stream reasonably continuous like 66.66% of the time if RNGesus didn't cursed me, leaving 33.34% on cooldown.

I was sure that i would be defeated in a brawl, knowing it's conventions and all. I actively try to avoid it because of that, yet when it happens, while i go down swinging i also do good somewhat better than expected.

Dont know about UAC20, but LB20 hunchies are fairly common.

#9 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostAthom83, on 13 November 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

Obviously you aren't trying hard enough! http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b1c31e400bf43fe

Oh boy, 58kph movement speed and stripped armor from both arms, both legs and the CT (and only 3 tons of ammo).

So good.

#10 Trissila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:42 AM

Spheroids are used to clanners following "the rules", wherein we all take splat builds, face rush each other, and hope for the best (this puts IS at a severe advantage). Likely they just had no idea what to do when faced with a target that they couldn't stare down and win by default.

#11 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

View PostTrissila, on 13 November 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

Spheroids are used to clanners following "the rules", wherein we all take splat builds, face rush each other, and hope for the best (this puts IS at a severe advantage). Likely they just had no idea what to do when faced with a target that they couldn't stare down and win by default.

Clanners have been better at Splatbuilds for ages.
What are you talking about, man?

From what i've seen, IS wins when clans take mid-range builds and try to brawl with them. If Clans decide to take brawl builds, they'll outbrawl anything IS can throw at them.

#12 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

View PostTrissila, on 13 November 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

I stared down a 2 LB20 Hunchie with my Wolverine (4MPL + 1 SRM6a) on several occations. I didn't usually walk away unscathed (Red/no armor everywhere + missing components), but for the most part I got the solo kill on them in the brawl (they usually overheated to the point I could put several alphas on them on a ST or CT depending on where they were more damaged).

#13 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 November 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

From what i've seen, IS wins when clans take mid-range builds and try to brawl with them. If Clans decide to take brawl builds, they'll outbrawl anything IS can throw at them.

Well, considering that on Scout, IS not only has better durability quirks, they can take 55 tonners which has way better armor versus non-quirked 50-tonners from the clan, couple with clan-tech being hotter, and clan mechs generally less agile. Really Griffins, Shadowhawks and Bushwackers just have the upper hand.

View PostAthom83, on 13 November 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

I stared down a 2 LB20 Hunchie with my Wolverine (4MPL + 1 SRM6a) on several occations. I didn't usually walk away unscathed (Red/no armor everywhere + missing components), but for the most part I got the solo kill on them in the brawl (they usually overheated to the point I could put several alphas on them on a ST or CT depending on where they were more damaged).

The LB20 spreads damage a lot worse, and couldn't be double-shot. In my cases, UAC20 could be double shot, doing 16 shells doing 5 damage each under 2 seconds.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 13 November 2017 - 05:48 AM.

#14 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:54 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 13 November 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

Well, considering that on Scout, IS not only has better durability quirks, they can take 55 tonners which has way better armor versus non-quirked 50-tonners from the clan, couple with clan-tech being hotter, and clan mechs generally less agile. Really Griffins, Shadowhawks and Bushwackers just have the upper hand.

Bushwackers, yes. Griffins, maybe. Shadowhawks, no. You might have a point if we are talking about QP builds for clan mechs (which FW nubs will take into FW anyway {including me Posted Image}) , but with dedicated FW builds those clan mechs still overpower 'larger' IS mechs.

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 13 November 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

The LB20 spreads damage a lot worse, and couldn't be double-shot. In my cases, UAC20 could be double shot, doing 16 shells doing 5 damage each under 2 seconds.

But you can fire 2 LB-20s without GH and they are single 'slugs', meaning you can shoot, twist, shoot again, etc. Plus, the spread isn't that bad when you get close enough.

#15 Trissila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:55 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 November 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

Clanners have been better at Splatbuilds for ages.
What are you talking about, man?

Bushwackers are objectively better than Huntsmen/Hunchbacks at splat-dueling. They can carry the same payload with very similar layout as Pakhets (high and narrow on the STs), with the same speed, except that they have the armor of a 75-ton 'mech and their SRMs do more damage. They can also protect their legs better, as they have a lower profile and a nose-down BSW in your face is effectively shielding his legs with his torso.

They're beatable, but only if you significantly outplay them. Notably, the lack of jumpjets can screw them pretty hard if they're foolish enough to engage you in terrain where you can use them to poptart and protect your legs with hard cover. But in a straight-up facerush, which is what Scouting devolves into most of the time, they have a clear advantage.

Edit: "Same Payload" being 4xASRM-6. Clans can theoretically mount more launchers due to space/weight savings, but bringing any more than 4 and actually trying to use them makes you severely heat-limited. 4 is hot enough as it is on Caustic and Terra Therma.

Edited by Trissila, 13 November 2017 - 05:58 AM.

#16 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:02 AM

Just tried this its terrible. Could not even get shadohawk to yellow after slamming him with like 180 damage.

better to stick with lasers and alpha backs.

#17 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:02 AM

View PostAthom83, on 13 November 2017 - 05:54 AM, said:

Bushwackers, yes. Griffins, maybe. Shadowhawks, no. You might have a point if we are talking about QP builds for clan mechs (which FW nubs will take into FW anyway {including me Posted Image}) , but with dedicated FW builds those clan mechs still overpower 'larger' IS mechs.

Are we talking about brawl scouting, or flat-out invasion? Cause Clan-Laser-Vomit is usually the dedicated FW builds, and that's for mid-range high-alpha poking, not scout brawling material.

Cause griffins have insane arm shields, and shadow-hawks are good at spreading damage.

View PostAthom83, on 13 November 2017 - 05:54 AM, said:

But you can fire 2 LB-20s without GH and they are single 'slugs', meaning you can shoot, twist, shoot again, etc. Plus, the spread isn't that bad when you get close enough.

So what? You still do better damage overtime. You still dealt 80 damage within 4 seconds, when the LB40X only dealt 40.

View Postl33tworks, on 13 November 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

Just tried this its terrible. Could not even get shadohawk to yellow after slamming him with like 180 damage.

better to stick with lasers and alpha backs.

I wonder what you did wrong. Were you dancing with them? Or making use of range? Also i used to hang back with my team in front of me just at least 100 meters away. So he managed to spread all 16 shells? Cause that could happen.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 13 November 2017 - 06:04 AM.

#18 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:04 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 November 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

Oh boy, 58kph movement speed and stripped armor from both arms, both legs and the CT (and only 3 tons of ammo). So good.

Technically, its almost the exact same as the 2 UAC/20 Hunchie IIC, and it gets quirks.

#19 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:07 AM

View PostAthom83, on 13 November 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

Technically, its almost the exact same as the 2 UAC/20 Hunchie IIC, and it gets quirks.

Not true, i could get it at 80 KPH. With 144 ammo too -- divided by 4 of course.

#20 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:08 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 13 November 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

So what? You still do better damage overtime. You still dealt 80 damage within 4 seconds, when the LB40X only dealt 40.

All about the crits. If you hit a component with the 2 LB-20s that stip all the armor away that blast, you could get lucky and just outright destroy that component (happened to me several times)

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 13 November 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

Not true, i could get it at 80 KPH. With 144 ammo too -- divided by 4 of course.

Which is why I said "technically". I mean, just look at the stock Hunchie IIC build.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users