Ending A Match With Honorable Combat

Gameplay

13 replies to this topic

#1 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

This topic came up last night at the end of a FP match and in the forum this morning. Someone used a Strike to kill off a lone and last mech... That pilot is frustrated that he died that way.... It was just dishonorable to club seals at their spawn point......

OK, I'd love to see a way to offer a defeated enemy an honorable end. A way that a team leader, especially Clan teams, could contact the survivor and offer a 1x1 end; from most damaged mech to the last.... Like a trial. That way, the survivor has a sense of closure and if that pilot is good enough, a victory....

How many times were you out numbered say 5 to 1 and "just were obliterated" to finish the match. Would not it be neat to challenge the superior team and go out "well?"

Yes, the game play mechanics would need to be changed.... Yes, I have tried to do this in FP when the losing team spawn site was surrounded... Begged the team I was playing with to allow each mech a chance to fight and die honorably...... Of course, I was TK'd once....go figure...

What do you think?

#2 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:31 AM

sounds like you want a single player game

#3 Phoolan Devi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostThe Mysterious Fox, on 22 November 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

sounds like you want a single player game

You, being a clan loyalist, should be actually all for it! Zellbrigen should be respected........

#4 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Nope. I helped work hard to make sure it ended up 5vs1, and my reward is watching your robot get pulverized in a complete and thorough manner rather than dragging things out for others.

When it's that bad, the only kind thing to do is kill you quickly so the rest of your team can move on rather than deal with honorabu faux samurai and roleplayers stretching out a loss even longer.

#5 Phoolan Devi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostAsym, on 22 November 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

This topic came up last night at the end of a FP match and in the forum this morning. Someone used a Strike to kill off a lone and last mech... That pilot is frustrated that he died that way.... It was just dishonorable to club seals at their spawn point......

OK, I'd love to see a way to offer a defeated enemy an honorable end. A way that a team leader, especially Clan teams, could contact the survivor and offer a 1x1 end; from most damaged mech to the last.... Like a trial. That way, the survivor has a sense of closure and if that pilot is good enough, a victory....

How many times were you out numbered say 5 to 1 and "just were obliterated" to finish the match. Would not it be neat to challenge the superior team and go out "well?"

Yes, the game play mechanics would need to be changed.... Yes, I have tried to do this in FP when the losing team spawn site was surrounded... Begged the team I was playing with to allow each mech a chance to fight and die honorably...... Of course, I was TK'd once....go figure...

What do you think?

Actually a good idea, won't work though since "some" players need the thrill of totally obliterating last mechs with massive numbers in order to feel good or like good players.

#6 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostPhoolan Devi, on 22 November 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Actually a good idea, won't work though since "some" players need the thrill of totally obliterating last mechs with massive numbers in order to feel good or like good players.

i just want to clear the event and gtfo of the gutter that is fw

#7 Phoolan Devi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

View PostThe Mysterious Fox, on 22 November 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

i just want to clear the event and gtfo of the gutter that is fw

If you waited to farm, you'd've plenty of time for zellbrigen!

#8 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:07 PM

View PostPhoolan Devi, on 22 November 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

If you waited to farm, you'd've plenty of time for zellbrigen!

nope, no role playing outside of dungeons and dragons. im just not a rude p~rick who likes to waste peoples time grinding on this f2p

Edited by The Mysterious Fox, 22 November 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#9 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

If they hadn't been so much better than your team that it ended up a massive stomp, you wouldn't be seeing multiple lances chasing one lone survivor down at the end in the first place.

And yes, it feels good. You lose robots because you make too many mistakes. The bigger the difference at the end, the closer to a great game you played. I feel great satisfaction every time the last red dies in a flaming ball of overkill, followed by a 12-0,12-1,or 12-2. It means you and the people you played with did things right.

#10 poohead

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

I had this a couple of times in FP, invasion as an attacker, I was in a PUG team vs an organised clan team, complete stomp (teamwork OP etc) though everyone in good spirits.

A couple of us still had a mech left that we dropped in after most of the team was killed. The other team gave us the choice of Zellbrigen, we accepted. Two one-on-one duels ensued!

All I can say is, it showed great sportsmanship.....and allowed me to salvage a little pride as I won my duel!

After which I was focus-fired to death, but at least a bit of fun was had!

#11 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

I would like that. 1 on 1 duels. But, I bet thats gonna be a reality when the Solaris mode goes online, judging by the hints at it some time ago. Also we do have private matches that can be set up with clan vs clan, is vs clan and is vs is one on one. Duels for is vs is, zellbrigen for clan vs clan and duel zellbrigen for is vs clan etc.
i owuld also LOVE any number FreeForAll with amount of players higher than 4 though. Say 16 players FFA with max 4 mechs of each weight category. But its all aobut them buckets you know.

#12 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

If you are the last mech and at 85% or higher you should be forced into combat with the highest scoring player of the enemy team.

#13 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:11 PM

It would be cool. If it just auto redropped people into a one on one match to duel. While rest of the people can go back to the queue so as not to upset Captain Crankypants. :3

But it would be too complex to implement in a good way within MWO's broken franken engine. Besides Immersion elements are not popular. Seems like all of us that wanted that are presumed dead on an island. x.x

Edited by MechaBattler, 22 November 2017 - 01:12 PM.

#14 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostPhoolan Devi, on 22 November 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

You, being a clan loyalist, should be actually all for it! Zellbrigen should be respected........
sounds like fun, but depends what going on. If it's down to the wire and we need tokens to get a planet then the faster we can get into the next match the better. Otherwise it more on of the other 23 players are ok with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users