Team Creation

4 replies to this topic

#1 Metrocubo

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

Hi all, I've started play 2 years ago, but my PC died and I haven't enough money to buy another one.
Now, after much time, I've assembled a machine with some parts my friends gifted me and/or I've found in the trash.
With my sad surprise, I've realized a friend of mine sold almost everything, so I have to start again.

I have 2 mechs only, a Warhammer and a Vindicator.
I saw skill system changed and my first question is:
-Better buy other 2 mechs and have a team for faction wars or skill my 2 mechs before mind to complete the team?
There is a second question:
-which team is better/more viable between
1) Warhammer 7S with 2x LRM15, 6 med las
2) Vindicator 1R with 2x ER Lg, 3x med las, 1x Rocket 20
3) JM6-A
4) BLR-1S

1) Warhammer 7S with 2x LRM15, 6 med las
2) Vindicator 1R with 2x ER Lg, 3x med las, 1x Rocket 20
3) AS7-RS
4) TBT-5N

Thx a lot for your attention and suggestions :)

#2 Muujig612

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:35 AM

Since you are rusty at this game, I would suggest you to get at least four mechs skilled up before jumping into the the shark pool, also known as FP.

As for your mech builds, I think switching those LRM15s on the Warhammer, with two MRM30 will help you perform better. Of course do ask around for more mech suggestion.

Edited by Muujig612, 09 December 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#3 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

Skill up what you have now.

You will need to C-bills to invest in the new mechs anyhow so I would master the ones you have now.

I also have some design tips for you.

Command consoles are junk. Use a Targeting computer instead

CASE is 90% useless ... literally. when ammo is hit there is only a 10% chance of cook off. So 90% of the time CASE is wasted space and weight.

Get some light fusion engines!

Do not use LAMs on energy boats you will roast. If your mech's primary weapons are a quartet of ER-Large Lasers use a ballistic AMS instead.

I try to avoid streaks and LRMs on a Warhammer seems wasteful of a good chassis.

Also since you do not own a 65 ton mech yet seriously consider a Roughneck in particular the 2A model. I like it over a Jagermech. The Roughneck also has some nice and high weapon mounts and superior geometry making them more survivable.

Try some MRMs they are great brawl to mid range weapon options.

And finally...if you are going to solo drop in faction warfare I would avoid assault mechs alltogether. You want a good mix of resiliance and mobility so I would try 3 heavy mechs and a medium or 4 heavies.

#4 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

Faction Play isn't very good anyway unless you play with a dedicated group/clan

#5 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble