5 replies to this topic

#1 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

Some new campaign gameplay from the upcoming BattleTech game has just released today...

There are a lot of new screenshots as well. Screen shots with of the story animations, character interactions, and Mechlab...
https://community.ba...s/threads/10305

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...and a lot more as well.

So cool :D

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

My big complaint... is how noticeable the mech scale is... so far off from the rest of the universe. I know part of the problem is inheriting PGI's mechs at PGI's scale, but regardless of how they rescaled them... compare the buildings and the tanks.. A 45 ton mech to a 25 ton tank as we saw has the size different of an Atlas in MWO to an MWO Commando scaled down 50% below MWO's size. That is a ginormous size disparity which only renews my faith in the 1980s . Notice the size compared to a tank of similar weight. Almost like they would weigh the same.

Posted Image
What it effectively boiled down to is scale wasn't dependent on weight or volume, but on the amount of armor, size of equipment, etc. So a 55 ton Shadowhawk (the 2s, not the 3s or 5s) were pretty damn small... and also had armor similar to Locusts and Commandos, often less than even the Urbanmech. Now the SHK 5 (all variants) are much larger, using lighter metals, having more interior space for bulkier but lighter equipment like Extra Light Engines and Double Heatsinks..

But beyond that I'm pretty happy with it.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

Spoiler

#4 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

I like the campaign so far, I do wish we could see how salvage is done though. Other than that, I'm looking forward to the game.

#5 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostKoniving, on 25 November 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

My big complaint... is how noticeable the mech scale is... so far off from the rest of the universe. I know part of the problem is inheriting PGI's mechs at PGI's scale, but regardless of how they rescaled them... compare the buildings and the tanks.. A 45 ton mech to a 25 ton tank as we saw has the size different of an Atlas in MWO to an MWO Commando scaled down 50% below MWO's size. That is a ginormous size disparity which only renews my faith in the 1980s . Notice the size compared to a tank of similar weight. Almost like they would weigh the same.

I think scale isn't too far off with the buildings, but I do agree that vehicles appear to be a bit small. Here is a pic with a Hunchback near a building in Red City and another image for approximate scale...

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is another part of the video where the mechs are near a Long Tom vehicle, and there you can tell the Long Tom looks a bit too small.

Overall it doesn't bother me (someone had to point it out for me to even notice). As long as generally things look ok, I can live with it.

#6 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

View PostWill9761, on 25 November 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

I like the campaign so far, I do wish we could see how salvage is done though. Other than that, I'm looking forward to the game.

From what I have heard... When you negotiate a mission, you will have a slider of some sort that will allow you to weigh what rewards you will receive for completing the mission successfully. You will have to negotiate a balance between Money, Salvage, or Standing with the employer.

The exact details are still rather unknown, however essentially the more salvage you negotiate for, the less money you will earn (basically you are being paid in salvage). On the flip side, the more money you negotiate for, the less salvage you will receive. Negotiate both low, and the employer may show more favor towards you since you completed a mission under-budget.

I think...THINK... at a minimal, if you negotiate salvage, you will always get first pick (depending on how much salvage you negotiated for). I don't think the employer goes first and stiffs you essentially.

I'm not sure if things are weighted differently in salvage (mech vs weapon), but again I have only heard so much info on the matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users