King Crab With 6 Ac2

10 replies to this topic

#1 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:48 PM

Apparently there's no ghost heat generated when firing them.

Posted Image

#2 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

Correct, but the heat still adds up surprisingly quickly.
Also, if you're going to use an XL engine in a King Crab (which anyone still tell you is a very bad idea) then don't bother taking CASE. All CASE does is keep ammo explosion damage within the component it's equipped on, rather than it transferring to the component next to it. With an XL engine, you're dead when that side torso is destroyed so it's meaningless to keep the explosion damage contained

#3 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 17 November 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

Correct, but the heat still adds up surprisingly quickly.
Also, if you're going to use an XL engine in a King Crab (which anyone still tell you is a very bad idea) then don't bother taking CASE. All CASE does is keep ammo explosion damage within the component it's equipped on, rather than it transferring to the component next to it. With an XL engine, you're dead when that side torso is destroyed so it's meaningless to keep the explosion damage contained

The heat is like 0.6 though. Good point on the case. Maybe I'll put in some heat sinks? The lasers are just there in case i... heh... run out of ammo.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:40 AM

View Postgooddragon2, on 17 November 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

The heat is like 0.6 though.
Per shot. With the cycle time of 0.72s, the heat per second of sustained fire is 0.83 and factoring in skill nodes and the ballistic cooldown quirk, your AC2s cycle every 0.6s for 1 heat/second. Now multiply by 6 ACs.

Honestly, I tried that build before - in both AC2 and UAC2 flavors - and IMO the only thing it excels at is getting killed while you try to ineffectively plink at the enemy. If you want to build a facetime crab, consider using 2xRAC5 - same DPS, but you'll still have plenty of tonnage for heat sinks and backup weapons.

#5 Cthulu Jr

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

View PostHorseman, on 17 November 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

If you want to build a facetime crab, consider using 2xRAC5 - same DPS, but you'll still have plenty of tonnage for heat sinks and backup weapons.

Can confirm: this same model of KC with 2x RAC5s w/ 8t of ammo and 2x Snub-Nose PPCs is a real brute-I routinely get anywhere between 500 and 800 damage per game with it.

Alternatively, if you like poking more, I've run a build with 2x RAC2s and 2x UAC5s w/ 8t of ammo between them, an AMS, and 2x ERMlas. More heat efficient, and better at long range work-the UACs are great at plinking and ranging shots, while the RAC2s are equally good if you can keep the streams on them. I'm not as good with this build-I generally get 3-500.

EDIT: Smurfy link for my RAC5/Snub-Nose build

KGC-000

Edited by Cthulu Jr, 21 November 2017 - 06:37 PM.

#6 Cthulhu the Great Dreamer

Rookie

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:14 AM

View PostCthulu Jr, on 21 November 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Can confirm: this same model of KC with 2x RAC5s w/ 8t of ammo and 2x Snub-Nose PPCs is a real brute-I routinely get anywhere between 500 and 800 damage per game with it.

Alternatively, if you like poking more, I've run a build with 2x RAC2s and 2x UAC5s w/ 8t of ammo between them, an AMS, and 2x ERMlas. More heat efficient, and better at long range work-the UACs are great at plinking and ranging shots, while the RAC2s are equally good if you can keep the streams on them. I'm not as good with this build-I generally get 3-500.

EDIT: Smurfy link for my RAC5/Snub-Nose build

KGC-000

Hey, nice name, btw,
Just curios, any reason to keep those C.A.S.E.s in the side torsos?
Thinking about grabbing my first IS assault, and this may be it.

Cheers,

#7 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

Doesn't work. Not on its own anyways. Two AC2s paired with a bigger AC might work better. or LBX2s instead of AC2s for a bit of extra cockpit rock. The RACs are generally a better choice though.

#8 Gallius

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:11 AM

I saw a RAC/5, UAC/20, 2xMRM20, LFE325 (I think 325) build on Mechspecs/YouTube. It was pretty fun to watch. You shake them up with the RAC/5 and thread in the UAC/20 where you can. MRM20s are extra alpha, a little extra range if you need it, and they're up on the high mounts. I don't like UACs much, but you could toss on an AC/20 instead with minimal effort.

Can't find it for some reason, but this is basically it:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a308e2c8e0d1349

You can toss the heatsink and some leg armor for more ammo if you want it.

Alternatively, I've seen a lot of "4xAC/5 (or UAC/5) with other stuff" builds. Another one is "Pack lots of LL or LPL in the high RT mounts" for right-side peeking/left-side shielding. If you want to brawl, another decent build is two AC/20s or UAC/20s with SRMs, MRMs, or lasers. Just make sure you stagger the ACs on that one, or the ghost heat will cook your crab.

#9 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

View PostGallius, on 09 January 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

I saw a RAC/5, UAC/20, 2xMRM20, LFE325 (I think 325) build on Mechspecs/YouTube. It was pretty fun to watch. You shake them up with the RAC/5 and thread in the UAC/20 where you can. MRM20s are extra alpha, a little extra range if you need it, and they're up on the high mounts. I don't like UACs much, but you could toss on an AC/20 instead with minimal effort.

You can toss the heatsink and some leg armor for more ammo if you want it.

Alternatively, I've seen a lot of "4xAC/5 (or UAC/5) with other stuff" builds. Another one is "Pack lots of LL or LPL in the high RT mounts" for right-side peeking/left-side shielding. If you want to brawl, another decent build is two AC/20s or UAC/20s with SRMs, MRMs, or lasers. Just make sure you stagger the ACs on that one, or the ghost heat will cook your crab.

The picture of this Mech is included in the definition of NASTY!

#10 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

View PostGallius, on 09 January 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

Yeah, no. That's a walking meltdown.

If you want to brawl, another decent build is two AC/20s or UAC/20s with SRMs, MRMs, or lasers. Just make sure you stagger the ACs on that one, or the ghost heat will cook your crab.
Dual AC/20s with backup weapons are a solid build. Dual UAC/20s, however, are one of those builds that sound much better in theory than they turn out in practice - avoid.

#11 Imperialus

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:56 AM

I've got a similar build in my Mauler MX-90.

Only big difference is I have a pair of LBX 2's mixed in with 4 AC2's for the extra cockpit shake and crit hunting. You've probably overdone it on ammo too. I've got two tons per gun plus an extra half ton of regular AC2 ammo because I had a spare half ton that I had nothing better to do with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users