Short and sweet. Posted Image

Battlemaster-3M

STD280 (57.4 /w speed tweaks)
Endosteel
Standard Armor
Double Heatsinks

1x Gauss Rifle on left arm
1x MRM30 on left torso
8x Medium Lasers (3 on left torso, 3 on right torso and 2 on right arm)
7 tons ammunition

Pick all the heat management skills, put just enough points into your speed to get all speed tweaks.

Positives:

- 85 alpha (55 of which can be pin-point)

- Torso mounted lasers and MRMs allow for some degree of poking over hills/ridges/crestlines

- Zombie ability thanks to STD engine. At worst you can pump out 25 damage at 310 range if you lose your left torso.

- All the offensive goodies rolled into one. Gauss for your ballistics fix. MRM30s for your missles hit and 8 medium lasers for a decent laser show. And more then enough ammo to keep firing till the round ends.

Negatives:

- Piss-poor heat management: Firing all your weapons at once will put you into the red zone.

- While faster then 90+ ton assaults, still slow enough to be caught in the inevitable flanking manuevers. But its not a whale either.

- Not enough armor to be truly considered a tank.

- Huge profile and a wide load considering relative weight; 85 tons making you an easy target if caught 3 sheets in the wind.

Overall:

If you want all the pizazz of a huge boatload of weapons and enough speed to not be left in the assault caboose this mech is for you. While not the most durable mech in terms of ability to tank an entire's team worth of 'munitions, it has enough toughness and the zombie ability to see the day through with proper positioning and ample torso twisting.

Rating:

11/10*

#2 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:20 PM

Got Smurfy? Posted Image

#3 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:46 AM

Here you go.. fixed that for you.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...77f6bee9d6b71a1

Personally, I feel if you are going to brawl, then frikken own it. The Gauss has no business in a brawl set up with an arm mount that low. I get it, the 15 point is sexy, but do you really want to mess with a weapon charge in a toe to toe brawl? Honestly I'm not really sure I'd keep that MRM30 in there either but I think its better then a single SRm6. However, for its weight.... you could put a LrgPulse or a Snub on the right arm, but then you further tank your heat efficiency.

#4 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

View PostDarrious Quinn, on 21 November 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Here you go.. fixed that for you.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...77f6bee9d6b71a1

Personally, I feel if you are going to brawl, then frikken own it. The Gauss has no business in a brawl set up with an arm mount that low. I get it, the 15 point is sexy, but do you really want to mess with a weapon charge in a toe to toe brawl? Honestly I'm not really sure I'd keep that MRM30 in there either but I think its better then a single SRm6. However, for its weight.... you could put a LrgPulse or a Snub on the right arm, but then you further tank your heat efficiency.

The gauss is merely there to give a bit more punch at range. Plus 15 damage for 1 heat? When running something that hot having something that produces little to no heat is a godsend. And since its on the arms you are able to twist and fire with relative accuracy.. and track and target lighter mechs easier. Oh yeah, and gauss ammo doesn't explode either, woo.

MRMs with the range buffs tops out at around 580m which is fairly long range for something deemed "medium".

Also the Mk2. version of this replaces the STD280 and drops 3 tons of ammo (and a heat sink) in favor of a Light 320; more speed, same heat dissipation properties. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...35e9b2d57af8557

Also, using all available weapon slots gives you a bit of extra weapons should you lose your left torso where your big guns are. Even with only your right torso and right arm you will still have 5 medium lasers, 25 damage at 310m range (with all the range buffs) is nothing to sniff at.

I find that running a UAC10 is too hot for my personal tastes when combined with the 6 medium lasers. Especially when your trying to dissipate all that heat build up. With everything being a heat score on this mech having a weapon like a gauss that doesn't really cost any heat is a bonus, especially when your near 99%. Having max leg armor is a bit of a waste since 95% of your enemies will be targeting your left side torso (for good reason).

If you want to run some LPLs then for godsakes put them on your arms. Yes having all those nice laser points high on the torso is nice for poking but the BLR isn't that good of a poker unless your running a Light/XL400; otherwise your too slow to effectively poke and hide.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f46d15d05443f75

Use that if you want a challenge. Make sure to unlock your arms so you are able to take advantage of the arms movement ability to let you use both LPLs and Gauss while turning to protect yourself.

Edited by Nine-Ball, 21 November 2017 - 12:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users