Will We Ever See The Firemoth?

6 replies to this topic

#1 SIERRA 116

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationReach

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:27 AM

The Sanic of 'Mechs with the weird *** arms is still out there to be made, but do you think it'll ever happen?

I mean, 162 (216 with MASC) KPH ain't anything to scoff at.

Edited by SIERRA 116, 18 November 2017 - 02:30 AM.

#2 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:45 AM

No, not with this game engine.

Sure, PGI could change how MASC Mk I works, but they probably won't.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:50 AM

MASC doesn't provide that much of a boost in this game. I did the math once before and while I don't remember the exact number it'd barely be above 180 kph for whatever duration the MASC is in use. While nothing to scoff at, it isn't much faster than the fastest IS mechs.

But hey, we got the Piranha...

So I don't see why not? PGI just needs to stop being lazy and provide us with more 20 tonners.

Thing is... we'll probably see the Flea, the Thorn, or some other IS 20 tonner first. We have a shortage of them.

#4 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:52 AM

View PostKoniving, on 18 November 2017 - 06:49 AM, said:

MASC doesn't provide that much of a boost in this game. I did the math once before and while I don't remember the exact number it'd barely be above 180 kph for whatever duration the MASC is in use. While nothing to scoff at, it isn't much faster than the fastest IS mechs.

From what others have found in the game files, IIRC it was a 20% boost, so 162 kph becomes 194.4 kph

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 18 November 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

From what others have found in the game files, IIRC it was a 20% boost, so 162 kph becomes 194.4 kph

Definitely still under 200. The Flea would also be pretty close to existing IS speeds, given their 97 kph base and assuming a top engine rating similar to other mechs that start at 97 kph if you go by the same number of rating increases to reach the top engine permitted.

#6 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:08 AM

View PostKoniving, on 18 November 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Definitely still under 200. The Flea would also be pretty close to existing IS speeds, given their 97 kph base and assuming a top engine rating similar to other mechs that start at 97 kph if you go by the same number of rating increases to reach the top engine permitted.

Under 200, sure, but well over the limit of 170 kph I've seen thrown around as the tippy top. I've not seen anybody officially saying the game can handle more than that since, HSR improvements or not.

Do all Flea variants come with MASC? If so, then just have a lower engine cap than the Locust or Piranha. The FLE-16 could be an issue, with a stock 180, but PGI could just not add that variant. I

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:37 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 18 November 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Under 200, sure, but well over the limit of 170 kph I've seen thrown around as the tippy top. I've not seen anybody officially saying the game can handle more than that since, HSR improvements or not.

Do all Flea variants come with MASC? If so, then just have a lower engine cap than the Locust or Piranha. The FLE-16 could be an issue, with a stock 180, but PGI could just not add that variant. I

We already have mechs that can reach 180, so the 170 limit is out of the window. I don't see anyone complaining that they can't hit Locusts or Commandos.

(Nearly 180)

If anything it seems like if one wants to be invincible in hit reg... the best thing to do is be stationary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users