Best Light Sniper Mech

21 replies to this topic

#21 GeekySauce

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:48 PM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 30 October 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

For a sniper ideally you would have jump jets. I snipe with a light gauss on an Assassin 26 which is technically a medium but plays like a light. Arctic Cheetah with a pair of Heavy Larges is a good choice as well. On the IS side with real lights the Firestarter A is not to bad having JJs and decent hardpoints. Overall on sniping, this game isn't really great for it and you will only do great situationally and most of the time as soon as you pop a couple shots you get focused with lrms unless you bring ecm and stealth, but both eat tonnage and stealth cause overheat. Even if they can't target you for lurms people will whittle you down everytime you peek.

Jump jets is ideal, but in most cases I need the slot/tons for the third or fourth laser. It never feels like two cut deep enough, especially when red pushes your cover. Then all the heat sinks... I always get so close to finding it. Then she slips away.
Raven has decent options and might be my choice for IS counterpart. Being able to mount three lasers on one side makes it good for peeking.
Sniping is great if you know what to do and where to be. Three well placed C-hvy lasers will take an arm off.

#22 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:05 PM

View Postpheeere, on 11 December 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

I can recommend one of the Urbis, the UM-R60. It can be bought for C-Bills, very cheap as well. Best value for money you will ever see! Pack 2 ER Large Lasers and 3-4 Machine Guns, and have fun. It's my favourite mech

It has JJs, fairly high mounts, good mobility with max XL engine (~97 kph), 360° torso twist, tanks like a heavy, gets ignored mostly and is hard to hit. The MGs do their job really well late game. And it's a goddamn Urbi Posted Image What's not to love? Get one!

2ErLL Urbie, max engin and JJ, maybe swap a little for some MG. The range quirks really help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users