Developer Q&A 2 - Community Warfare

89 replies to this topic

#21 God of War

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationGermany/Stuttgart

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

Sounds all pretty good so far. I would have liked to read a little bit more about planet controll, for Mercenaries in particular.

#22 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

How is faction imbalance going to be dealt with? –Kaemon

[PAUL] There are a number of mechanics that solve this issue. It’s a matter a choosing which one fits best with the theme of MechWarrior. Certain incentives can be provided to join a specific House and there can be kickbacks in terms of lower operating costs if you are in a less populated House. We are still addressing this issue and will let you know in a future update as to our conclusion.

Was hoping for a hard lock on faction/corp size for an answer on this, incentives don't always work and skew gameplay on occasion.

It's not popular I know, but either is a game where there's no competition because most of the peeps are running together.

Free Matt Newman.

#23 Sirisian

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, Michigan

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

So much for 32v32 matches. Was looking forward to huge battles.

#24 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

Never say never, maybe they'll up it in the future. Company on Company matches seems like a good engagement size via canon, we'll have to see how it handles in gameplay.

#25 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

View PostDihm, on 21 December 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

Never say never, maybe they'll up it in the future. Company on Company matches seems like a good engagement size via canon, we'll have to see how it handles in gameplay.

Got to be performance based, if we can show that 12x12 has no issues, hopefully they let us try some 16x16 and inch our way up.

#26 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

View PostKaemon, on 21 December 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

Got to be performance based, if we can show that 12x12 has no issues, hopefully they let us try some 16x16 and inch our way up.

Trouble is they have to be trying to keep the system requirements low. Higher the mech count, the higher the system requirements. It'd be nice if they allowed then for people with the PC's to handle it.

#27 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 21 December 2011 - 12:28 PM, said:

Trouble is they have to be trying to keep the system requirements low. Higher the mech count, the higher the system requirements. It'd be nice if they allowed then for people with the PC's to handle it.

They chose a big fat sexy engine for MWO. There will be many computer purchases made for this game, but I bet that in 5 years when our computers are buffer we can handle 24 plus...

#28 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

So what you are saying is that my beloved Grimm Reaper Company logo may have to change to something else using in-game tools.

Ahhh well, such is life!

I am totally digging company on company sized matches though; assuming its possible with server load and blah blah blah.

Edited by Mason Grimm, 21 December 2011 - 12:45 PM.

#29 Phades

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 21 December 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:

PS. [GARTH] Thank you for your questions everyone, they've been great as usual! Also everyone might want to check their forum profiles for a certain feature we've enabled today. Cheers!

They come bearing gifts.

Hopefully the MXP (mech) and PXP (pilot) aren't too substantial of perks and rather subtle. Despite ELO style matching, older characters would dominate newer ones if equally talented players were behind them. They also tend to incite "rush" style playing more commonly seen in MMORPG games.

#30 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

View PostSirisian, on 21 December 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

So much for 32v32 matches. Was looking forward to huge battles.

I've seen a lot of high player games turn into just a mess in many games. 12x12 is enough for company vrs company, so I'm plenty happy with that. I'd far rather play a low lag, high quality game with organized teams than a bunch of disorganized players charging into walls of fire and gettign slaughtered or watching mechs transform 50 yards (with the inevitable few players using lag to enhance their effectiveness like happened in MW3). Organizing large teams is like herding cats.

This is about the size of a game I was expecting, and I'm happy with that.

Edited by verybad, 21 December 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#31 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

I too would like to have seen a bit more on what good ranks really are then. I was hoping for some more details on the ability to select targets at least.

#32 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

Also happy about the 12v12 size. I've been looking to organize my unit around semi-independent Companies and this will just support that model perfectly.

#33 Woodstock

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

Its more the minimum size I wanted to hear about.

Got a small gaming group of 4 people. Was hoping to hear that we would be able to form a small merc corp together like Carlyle's commandos ... 4 mechs :D

#34 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

No word on the OTHER factors that can decay LP? That's a biggie for many of us. What actually, besides inactivity, can make a pilot lose LP?

#35 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

Questions missing?

#36 John Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

Who controls how Merc contracts are put together and presented to various Merc groups? –Skwisgaar Skwigelf

[MATT C] For launch Merc contracts will be computer controlled eventually if desirable these could be opened up to the player base.
[PAUL] Your Merc Corp HQ is fitted with a virtual bulletin board that displays available contracts. These contracts, as Matt has said, will be computer/game generated depending on what’s happening in the InnerSphere.

oooooo... a conformation on mercenary bases? Fun Fun....

#37 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

I think he meant the base, or collective group of players. Not actually, a BASE. Could be wrong.

#38 Its Just Eeyore

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

I just wana know about clans

#39 John Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

View PostRed Beard, on 21 December 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

I think he meant the base, or collective group of players. Not actually, a BASE. Could be wrong.

that's true, but i'm going to be optimistic about this one

#40 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Ooooo, you guys are making me think you might do this thing right. And I like that. Keep it up so I can throw money at you later!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users