Biggest Black Friday Ever!

131 replies to this topic

#61 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:10 AM

Just a reminder: if you get a bonus MC package now, you'll probably qualify for a loyalty mech next year. The MC package mechs have usually been pretty good to sometimes awesome. The fun missile Urbie and the CN9-AH, in my opinion, have been stand-out additions to my mech hangar. If you're on the fence, add in a light or medium semi-hero in a year to the calculation.

#62 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:24 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 22 November 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

Full unlock camos are worth 10 one shots, so if you have 5 mechs of one chassis, why don´t you just buy 5 one shots? Posted Image

One shots don't come with a full unlock for return applications. Its the freedom of switching camo at will and being able to go back to an older favorite. Premium one shots are 150, common at 75. That will add up if the person loves to change camo like they do underwear. If a person likes to stick to a single look for a long period like I do, then the one shots pay off. Most of my mechs have been painted with the same pattern for years.

#63 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

Hum i want to pick up a hero mech but can't figure what to choose...

Roughneck Reaver ?
Huntsman Pakhet ?
Assassin Dark Death ?
Bushwacker High Roller ?
Wolverine Quarantine ?
Javelin Hi There ?

Damned, life is complicated...

#64 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

The shop right now:

Posted Image

#65 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

View PostErtur, on 22 November 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

Just a reminder: if you get a bonus MC package now, you'll probably qualify for a loyalty mech next year.

True! Would be nice to know if it counts... what was the starting date to qualify for last loyalty offers?

#66 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

View PostRhialto, on 22 November 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

True! Would be nice to know if it counts... what was the starting date to qualify for last loyalty offers?

Yes, it would qualify for the MC Reward for the MWO Annual Rewards Progam 2018.
And so would any of the Packages Purchased on CyberMonday.

Damn did I just give away the Cyber Monday sale?

#67 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 22 November 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Close Matt, but do we get a remastered copy of MechWarrior II included?

Edited by Sleepyboy14, 22 November 2017 - 11:44 PM.

#68 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostAleski, on 22 November 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hum i want to pick up a hero mech but can't figure what to choose... Roughneck Reaver ? Huntsman Pakhet ? Assassin Dark Death ? Bushwacker High Roller ? Wolverine Quarantine ? Javelin Hi There ? Damned, life is complicated...

Why not both All of them?

#69 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

Curious, I don't remember seeing ever MC and mechbays being on sale at the same time during my roughly two years of playing.

Anyway previously two months I brought some MC because when the heroes were last on sale about in summer, I got an itch for a Scorch, and now I brought it. Another thing I don't remember if heroes and MC have been on sale at same time.

Because of lots of free MC we've received events in last few months, I could buy another large hero, but I don't really know what else I want. I think I will get Pirate Bane though, I have played with 4 Locusts, I suck with all of them, so maybe PB would be different. At least it should play different.

I got 84 mechs so I haven't really wanted more mechs as I mainly play with about 20 or so. I got so many mechs I have no use and I don't really play them at all, even though they are fully configured and mastered.

#70 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

Can anyone tell me the answer to the most important question?

When will the hero omnipods be available for cbills for the clan hero mechs on sale ? (particulary the huntsman paket and the kitfox purifier hero's) thanks !

And also, a less important clarification to some confusion, people complaining about the new bagpipes warhorn being available now ????? where ???

Edited by Cadoazreal, 22 November 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#71 Nishivion

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 22 November 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Can anyone tell me the answer to the most important question?

When will the hero omnipods be available for cbills for the clan hero mechs on sale ? (particulary the huntsman paket and the kitfox purifier hero's) thanks !

Sadly, Hero omnipods are unique to the Hero. It gives motivation to actually get it, since Heroes are supposed to be unique. However I would love to see them be available for MC. That way if you get the Hero you get a 30% C-Bills bonus, and the unique CT.

#72 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 22 November 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Matt,

Any chance that the old Clan Invasion packs will go on sale? I want one of the Invasion special Mechs but I would have to pay either $90 and get a bunch of Mechs that I do not want or $55 and get two more variants that I do not want. The prices on those packs are so outdated when you consider that it now cost $40 for a Collectors pack that gives you more.

Also the Mech packs that go on sale tend to be the Mastery packs which are all IS Mechs.

#73 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:56 AM

View PostSam Ael, on 22 November 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

Pls add Unlock Camos to the sale.

While I can kind of like the thought, don't expect it to happen. The fact that it permanently unlocks a pattern for a whole chassis makes it a steep deal for PGI to allow a Sale on those. :(

View PostBSK, on 22 November 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Hmm... that's a known bug... Just leave the In-Game Store section and come back. Doing so should fix it. :)

As for me... still looking at the Sale Rack... I don't think well when I'm burned out, though. -_-

~D. V. "Sales questions and issues... aren't they fun? Nah." Devnull

#74 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:23 AM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 22 November 2017 - 06:00 AM, said:

I think the bag pipe is totally bad ***! It is so awesome, I spent an hour listening to "Scotland of the brave" on YouTube and looking up the history of the kilt. Now fear the players with the bag pipes in MWO when they make battle formations marching over towards you in fear for battle!

If I were to get killed and that thing played, I would be like as if I was being trolled... it's a meat/poison thing I know, somehow that sound just doesn't work with my ears.

View PostErtur, on 22 November 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

Just a reminder: if you get a bonus MC package now, you'll probably qualify for a loyalty mech next year. The MC package mechs have usually been pretty good to sometimes awesome. The fun missile Urbie and the CN9-AH, in my opinion, have been stand-out additions to my mech hangar. If you're on the fence, add in a light or medium semi-hero in a year to the calculation.

Not just that, but 30% bonus plus an added 2nd bonus of cbills and that darned bags of doom. The MC will also come in handy for a likely premium time sale come Cyber Monday. Or just buy the PT (and mechs) outright based on that 30% discount!

#75 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:46 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 22 November 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Why not both All of them?

Ok, give me some spare MC !!! =P

#76 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

New tech and Urbie K-9 that what got me excited this year. Sales - nope.

Have some spare MC for Roughneck warhorn, so thanks for that.

#77 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:03 AM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 22 November 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

"exclusiveness". For one week? I hardly even had time to play last week, so do spare me the hyperbole.

I agree with your point about not getting too attached to these transient digital items, but my point still stands that they just slapped people who bought into the ultimate tier in the face. Especially after PGI spent months hyping those rewards and the tiers (and $$$) necessary to get them.

Agreed...it's not as if the horn was something they added to the mech they offered as the Ultimate Tier Reward. That would be a petty complaint. However, it pretty much was the ENTIRE Ultimate Tier Reward, and as such, anyone who qualified for it is entirely justified in complaining about it being exclusive for such a short, basically nonexistent timeframe.

This is a very bad move which I can only assume will be remembered when next year's Annual Rewards Program rolls around.

#78 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:10 AM

Bought The Arrow and some more mech bays.
Since I don't really need bonus champion mechs are of no use for me. Any recommendations for other hero mechs?

#79 Kosapt

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:56 AM

So Javelin's shield warhorn is not on sale, despite all other warhorn which came out with single mech are on sale. Bummer for me since I could use few more of them. Any reason why this one was left out?

#80 HaHaLRMsGoWoosh

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:48 AM

They should put mechpacks on sale cyber monday

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users