What's A Good Scorch Build For Invasion?

3 replies to this topic

#1 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Currently doing 2xLBX20 (5 tons ammo) +2xSRM6+2xSRM4 (4 tons ammo) for QP and it's very fun, however for Invasion I don't think it's wise to bring a pure ammo build.

I'm thinking of swapping out to 2xERPPCs and 2xATM12?
Stock loadout (2xUAC5, 2xLPL, 4xSSRM6)?
2xERLL, 2xLBX10, 4xSRM4?

Appreciate suggestions and opinions.

#2 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

Ive had luck with 2GR, 2ERML/ERSl+1ton more ammo, and 4SRM-6s. Its got a very solid brawl punch, but its versatile enuff that ur not utterly screwed if the enemy team doesnt wanna brawl at least initially.

that said, most of my dropdecks dont have ANY assaults in em, just too much tonnage eaten by something that is arguably no stronger then a friggin hellbringer. My main dropdeck is 3HBR with the 1HLL+6ERML loadout each, and 1SHC with 2HLL+6LMG loadout. The reason i go with 3 hellbringers is so that i can maintain my presense on the battlefield for the ENTIRE game and not just the 1st 2 waves or so (as fun as the MLX is, its really NOT very effective against good teams). Then ofc i have a shadowcat for when i get killed early or something and wanna reinforce. 4th wave is meaningless anyways since 90% of games are decided by the 2nd/3rd wave, and whatever u got left at wave4 means very little outside of the extremnely rare ultra-close games that are like 35-37 or something close to that.

#3 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:19 AM

Thanks. Yeah I see alot of people comment in the Faction subforum that they field 3xHBR.

#4 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:07 AM

Since I don't have any use for missiles except in IS SRM shortrange or complete fun/trollbuilds THIS is what I could think of maybe kick out the electronics and use a bigger engine.
Would use PPCs instead of lasers but since Gauss/PPC was nerfed it has become to risky ... you seriously can blow yourself up when you don't get the timing right or some server or inputlag occurs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users