#41 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:57 AM

View Posttker 669, on 27 November 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Fully feels like PGI is saying FU to us all....

(Thats what you cheapskates get!)-PGI

#42 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:58 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 27 November 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

Meh.
I was Clan for Luthien, total control for most of the event = Tie
I was IS for Tharkad, total control for most of the event = Tie

Ahah!
Now I know whom we should blame for these ties!

Posted Image
:P

#43 Hal Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

We picked up a pug for 4-5 drops with us the other night. He was pretty bad, honestly, but damnit did he want to learn to work with a team and contribute to the winning effort.

Funny enough, he actually got a lot better and was able to at least keep up with us after spending some time getting some proper mechs

#44 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

View PostHal Greaves, on 27 November 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

Funny enough, he actually got a lot better and was able to at least keep up with us after spending some time getting some proper mechs

We'll have our adopted pug curb stomping MS 12 mans in no time.

#45 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

View Posttker 669, on 27 November 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Fully feels like PGI is saying FU to us all....

Naa, just to you ;)

#46 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Who cares about winning the event. Im just happy to see more people playing, if you arent playing this game for the fun of blowing up enemy mechs and would rather focus on grinding for rewards why are you even playing?

This is a pastime, not a job. Heck if you only play for rewards, stop playing and put that time into something that makes you happy or richer.

#47 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

Meh.
I was Clan for Luthien, total control for most of the event = Tie
I was IS for Tharkad, total control for most of the event = Tie

It is actually quite sad that one team fielding multiple 12 mans changed the tide that much. It is also sad that it is not an actual testament to their battlefield prowess, it is instead a testament of the random skittles they routinely face and how easily they fold from hard pushing.

More folks need to get away the QP NASCAR mentality and genuinely focus on team movement and tactics. We picked up a pug for 4-5 drops with us the other night. He was pretty bad, honestly, but damnit did he want to learn to work with a team and contribute to the winning effort. Why can't the majority of randos have the same mindset? Individual rewards need to go away - reward winning and only winning.

I find this statement rather ammusing.....people assume that we are just facing pugs....on the contrary over the course of the event we faced more organized unit resistance then we did pug drops....about 60-70% of our drops were against 9+ mans on the other side....very few of our matches were against random pug groups on either side....I will say having played on both sides of this event that the number of organized group units acutally impressed me....My self and Mahikan have upload a bunch of matches to the new mercstar youtube channel from both sides of the this conflict.....check them out to see the units we faced on both sides of the event.

MERCSTAR Youtube Channel -> https://www.youtube....Y3B9Tz3NrKf88Fg

We will be loading many more matches as we play them against organized groups up there so that people can see we are not pug stomping when we play.

Edited by Xavier, 27 November 2017 - 11:13 AM.

#48 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:35 AM

Dear PGI....PLEASE STOP THESE ASININE EVENTS!! At the end of said event...twice now it's ended in ties and now the population shrinks just a little more because after 4+ years you STILL CAN'T figure out Faction Warfare.

#49 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

At the end of it all, events don't matter to me personally. I play because I enjoy playing with the guys I/we drop with; if we get extra stuff, cool.
However, it would be nice if these events weren't so... Meh. Reward wins, not individual scores or final pushes. Keep individual scoring etc in QP rewards.

#50 Hal Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:23 PM

this is how we spent our event:

#51 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

Great, they know someone in our unit drinks Box Wine. One of two things are now going to pop into the pleb's minds:

1) We have way more class than we were given credit for
2) We lost whatever respectability we had

At least he didn't spill it into his computer and blow it up like others in our unit have been known to do.

Edited by Lovas, 27 November 2017 - 01:43 PM.

#52 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostLovas, on 27 November 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Great, they know someone in our unit drinks Box Wine. One of two things are now going to pop into the pleb's minds:

1) We have way more class than we were given credit for
2) We lost whatever respectability we had

At least he didn't spill it into his computer and blow it up like others in our unit have been known to do.

Posted Image

#53 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostHobbles v, on 27 November 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Who cares about winning the event. Im just happy to see more people playing, if you arent playing this game for the fun of blowing up enemy mechs and would rather focus on grinding for rewards why are you even playing?

This is a pastime, not a job. Heck if you only play for rewards, stop playing and put that time into something that makes you happy or richer.

Except one drives the other.

I tried to play last night. 1 match, 5 ghost drops. There was literally not enough people playing the game for the IS to field more than 1 12man. Since we would go right to lobby and then ghost drop countdown that meant there was about 36 total people, give or take, playing FW. There's always a burnout after events but this? Man this was a evening primetime, tail end of NA playtime.

I know no few people who pretty much burned out over the two events. That sense of 'huh, well that was pointless'.

#54 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

@MischiefSC

Change to IS, your ghost drops will go away and help all those other souls sitting in search circle purgatory

#55 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 27 November 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Except one drives the other.

I tried to play last night. 1 match, 5 ghost drops. There was literally not enough people playing the game for the IS to field more than 1 12man. Since we would go right to lobby and then ghost drop countdown that meant there was about 36 total people, give or take, playing FW. There's always a burnout after events but this? Man this was a evening primetime, tail end of NA playtime.

I know no few people who pretty much burned out over the two events. That sense of 'huh, well that was pointless'.

The bukkit killed the loyalist teams who were the lifeblood of the this mode, The regulars who still play are here because they are diehards who find it more fun than group que. Loyalist teams always rallied around brash polarizing players and DC's who had a vision, Something they wanted to achieve for there faction. Even mercs had similar goals. None of that means anything now. There is nothing a player can do to affect the map. All you can do is win your match.

That goal alone is not enough to sustain desires of the player base. Alot of guys play this mode for stats and the leaderboards. When this mode was most active stats weren't even tracked in CW. Take away the FP leaderboard and I guarantee the pop would drop even lower. Because E-peen is a thing.

Make the mode difficult challenging and meaningful beside just the ability to pull good damage numbers as it was originaly meant to be and the population will explode. Oh wait were getting Solaris instead. "1v1 me bro"

#56 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,676 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

If you have not seen the news, Matt posted that Clans won the event but due to entering wrong threshold marker for the winning conditions to be one win over the halfway mark. He had failed to check the threshold itself... That is what he meant that a tie was unlikely. And he did it for a CAPITOL planet...

View PostMatt Newman, on 27 November 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Hello all!

Event Results.
- So the event did end in a tie based on the Conflict Victory thresholds as displayed in Faction Play.

Why did I say it was unlikely to end in a tie?
- The Displayed Victory threshold was not the intended Victory threshold. I had set the victory threshold to be 0 in the event creation window meaning 1 game on either side of the control bar would be considered a victory.

What went wrong.
- Setting the Victory threshold to Zero apparently means (to the game code) USE THE DEFAULT victory threshold which is 27. When I had set the event up I failed to check the victory threshold displayed in the game.
If I had, I would have noticed that the victory threshold was not functioning properly.

What are we doing?
- We are going to do some Manual Manipulation of the event to show it as a Clan Victory.Tharkad will be switched to Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Players will be able to claim the Victory prize.We will most likely have to restart services to fix this issue. Causing people to log out and ending matches prematurely.I will post again once we have tested our intended fix and we are ready to roll it out to production and restart the services.
TSP rewards will be injected shortly after the fix is in place.

Future events.
- I will be able to use a Victory threshold of 1 to minimize the chance of a Tie but not completely eliminate it.

Thanks for your Patience,
Matt Newman

I like that you attempted to do something different, it did not take as planned and you are manually making a correction for this event.

Now, the real issue I have is WTF? A simple majority to win a Capitol planet when taking the normal POS planets that come up is at the 27 threshold (max 30)? Really? Sorry but a Capitol planet should not just fall simply because a farty breeze happens by.. PGI has gone from one extreme to another but the next Capitol should rest somewhere in between.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 November 2017 - 03:07 PM.

#57 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 27 November 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

If you have not seen the news, Clans won the event as PGI/Matt had set the winning conditions to be one win over the halfway mark but he had failed to check the threshold itself...

I like that you attempted to do something different, it did not take as planned and you are manually making a correction for this event.

Now, the real issue I have is WTF? A simple majority to win a Capitol planet when taking the normal POS planets that come up is at the 27 threshold (max 30)? Really? Sorry but a Capitol planet should not just fall simply because a farty breeze happens by.. PGI has gone from one extreme to another but the next Capitol should rest somewhere in between.

Doesn't this also mean that they should credit luthien as a clan win too? I mean while there manually changing conditions after the fact..... cant remember where the bar was im guessing just above IS fail point I think.

#58 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

and my feeling of indifference towards PGI and by extension this games spirals once more.

(Unhappy face)

#59 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,676 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 27 November 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

Doesn't this also mean that they should credit luthien as a clan win too? I mean while there manually changing conditions after the fact..... cant remember where the bar was im guessing just above IS fail point I think.

They have run the two events with different conditions, going from one extreme to another. For B/Luthien each battle was worth 1% instead of the default 3.3% that B/Tharkad used. With B/Tharkad PGI made it easier to flip. Everyone's issue with B/Luthien was two-fold, the time the event ended and just about everyone thinking it would be handled like the Tukayyid events were it was the overall battles that were won/loss.

Just to edit - If PGI had kept the 1%/battle as per Luthien, based on where the bar ended, IS would have lost this event being short 4 wins.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 November 2017 - 03:30 PM.

#60 Zorakh

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:30 PM

so.. does this require a patch? I logged in a little while ago and it's still showing tie, and no rewards claimable...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users