Engine Leak On Crit - Capped Damage Over Time

4 replies to this topic

#1 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

Engine - Now that the above terms are described, we can discuss the current implementation of the engine. If the component your engine is stored in is destroyed, you will be incapacitated. If the engine (an item in all mechs) is destroyed by crits: nothing happens to your mech. Currently, the critical hit system cannot incapacitate a player by destroying their engine. You must destroy the component that has the engine within it!

https://mwomercs.com...-a-brief-guide/

Now, this guide was written in 2012 and last updated in 2014, so I don't know if it's still like this.

My suggestion if the engine is crit destroyed is this:

After critting an engine the enemy takes (engine rating / 10) center torso damage over time (1 point every 10 seconds).

I think the highest engine rating is 400 or so. So it would deal 40 damage over 400 seconds (6 minutes and 40 seconds). This would be kind of like poisoning the larger mechs when an urbie boating machine guns cracks their back armor and crits out their engine with them. I'd have a visual and status notifier to let the player know they've done it.

Edited by gooddragon2, 26 November 2017 - 11:46 PM.

#2 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

View Postgooddragon2, on 26 November 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...-a-brief-guide/

Now, this guide was written in 2012 and last updated in 2014, so I don't know if it's still like this.

My suggestion if the engine is crit destroyed is this:

After critting an engine the enemy takes (engine rating / 10) center torso damage over time (1 point every 10 seconds).

I think the highest engine rating is 400 or so. So it would deal 40 damage over 400 seconds (6 minutes and 40 seconds). This would be kind of like poisoning the larger mechs when an urbie boating machine guns cracks their back armor and crits out their engine with them. I'd have a visual and status notifier to let the player know they've done it.

lol

#3 Invictus XVII

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:20 AM

no

#4 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:43 AM

If this would be implemented instead of instant death with IS XL - I'm all in for something like that

#5 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:50 PM

id be okay with it replacing instant death on ISXL

but CXL and LFE should be unaffected by this

but im curious why you feel bigger engines should be penalized more

bigger engines are already super penalized as is because they weigh so much

seems to me the damage should be the same regardless of engine size

Edited by Khobai, 29 November 2017 - 01:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users