• 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:19 AM

Anyone ever try this build out?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...496658cc25fe3aa

4 ER Large Lasers
3 Heavy Large Lasers,
+17 equipped DHS

I blow components off and melt armor like they never even had any XD

and then theres the 6xHeavy Large Laser build which is just...well ******** lol:

Edited by Havok Jones, 01 December 2017 - 05:20 AM.

#2 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:35 AM

I usually just run my Supernova like this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5ad292e003c32d2

20 points less damage than your build, but I get to fire it all at once instead of so slowly. Its real fun surprising someone with that, they just don't expect to take 78 points of damage in about a second. Then they really don't expect me to do it 3 times before having to stop and cool down. Those single heatsinks have some really high heat cap when boated.

#3 Havok Jones

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:45 AM

See, I tried something similar but found I was getting shot down a lot by targets at further range, which sucked for the KD ratio. Either that or I'd be hiding behind cover for so long or at the back of the brawling line which I hate. So I swapped them out for the ER L Lasers to engage in targets from a distance. Then when they tried to run at me I'd shoot em with the HLL's and then take them out with the 4 ER LL's on chain fire.
worked great! just wish Supernovas had more armor XD

Edited by Havok Jones, 01 December 2017 - 05:46 AM.

#4 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:52 AM

View PostHavok Jones, on 01 December 2017 - 05:45 AM, said:

See, I tried something similar but found I was getting shot down a lot by targets at further range, which sucked for the KD ratio. Either that or I'd be hiding behind cover for so long or at the back of the brawling line which I hate. So I swapped them out for the ER L Lasers to engage in targets from a distance. Then when they tried to run at me I'd shoot em with the HLL's and then take them out with the 4 ER LL's on chain fire.
worked great! just wish Supernovas had more armor XD

If its one thing about my Supernova, its that it has just enough armor but absolutely no more. I'm always ending fights with everything falling apart but still walking. Pretty fun mech. I can see how that ERLL range could help, I just play mine more sneaky like.

#5 Havok Jones

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:49 AM

Makes me want to build a mech with ECM and 3 HLL or 2HLL and 4 HMLs XD

#6 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

I dont have a supernova (and i refuse to pilot ANYTHING that wont go above 60kph), but i have a MAD2C with 2HLL and 6ERML (and a good number of other assaults, mostly MCII and MAD2C variants, with pinpoint alfa strikes well above 70). All of these things just tear apart entire teams, since all it takes is a SINGLE good burn to open up a side torso or core a medium. Get behind something, 1 hit KO, and even head on i can 2 shot 90% of anything with 2 solid CT burns, thats how overpowered HLLs are, like them or not, they are the best weapon clan has right now alongside ERMLs and GRs (and occasionally ERLLs when you either need the range or want something that can fit in a single slot like a head hardpoint or so).

This entire game comes down to 2 things, pinpoint damage, and maximum alfa strike capability. That way all you need is a single good poke and an enemy looses something valuable (or just plain dies instantly). Its not too practical with ghost heat (you cant quite shoot all of that with 0 penalties), but its still solid if you know how and when to engage.

#7 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

Havoc thank you for this thread, it is sicker than meningitis and botulism toxin combined. I need to see what Supernova models I can implement this on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users