Faction Play Stuck On Loading And Massivie Lag?

9 replies to this topic

#1 pedroparsbr

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:19 AM

Not sure if this is the right place for posting this but here goes...

So recently i decided to come back to MWO, created a new account since i no longer have the email of my old acc and i had only spent 30 bucks on it so not a big loss. Been having a blast and everything was working fine, already have 14 hours on it even, so i finally decided to try faction play and everything went wrong...

Basically the loading screen would take forever and more often than not it would just freeze and force me to kill MWO through the task manager, in 2 cases i was even forced to reboot my system because it pretty much killed my PC. If i got ''lucky'' the game would actually load after waiting a few minutes but it would stutter randomly during the match making it very hard to play properly, even when the game freezes on the loading screen or stutters during the match i can still hear people on the voip so i know that at least part of it is still working.

Outside of faction play everything else works just fine, i dont have a high-end gaming PC but it has a pretty decent config and i can run other games like The Witcher 3, Dark souls 3 and Nier Automata just fine so i doubt it has anything to do with my system specs but i´ll post them here anyways just in case:

CPU: i7 920 @2.67GHz
GPU: GTX 750Ti 2GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Storage: 1TB HDD 7200rpm

#2 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:21 AM

I have same GPU, half your RAM and older and less powerful CPU yet I play FP regularly, on mostly low to medium settings. When i had mechanical HDD I was getting similar hiccups and crashes on loading, went SDD and no problems since. Mechanical HDD died soon after I moved my system to SDD.

So check your HDD, and if possible get yourself SDD and move your system and MWO to it.

#3 pedroparsbr

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 02 December 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

I have same GPU, half your RAM and older and less powerful CPU yet I play FP regularly, on mostly low to medium settings. When i had mechanical HDD I was getting similar hiccups and crashes on loading, went SDD and no problems since. Mechanical HDD died soon after I moved my system to SDD.

So check your HDD, and if possible get yourself SDD and move your system and MWO to it.

Strange, so definitely not a problem with my system specs...As for the HDD, i recently replaced my old HDD for the one i´m currently using and it´s been performing without any issues so i doubt it has something to do with it, especially since i´m not having problems on any other game.
I dont really have the money for an SSD right now as i´m about to get into an University next year so i´ll be running on a tight budget for a while Posted Image any other ideas? I have tried setting all video options to low and setting the game to use Dx9 but i still crashed when trying to get into faction play.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

Run the Repair Tool if standalone or Integrity Check if with Steam. Just to get that out of the way. Suggest running it at least 2x.

It sounds like either something has 100% utilization of your HD while MWO is loading and/or your CPU/GPU are underclocking due to possible heat issues. Or driver issues.

Do you see your hard drive light running while loading into FP?

Did you install any software with your hard drive? Consider updated drivers/AHCI drivers

Can of compressed air - last time heatsinks were blown out of dust buildup?

Startup - Settings - System - Power/Sleep - Additional Power Settings - select High Performance

Nvidia control panel - Are you using default settings or do you have some items cranked up?

Temporarily disable your antivirus program

Run MWO in a smaller window mode then run a HW Monitor (CPUID HWMonitor) to monitor CPU (core) and GPU temps.

Download directx 9c June 2010 redistribution package. Unpack it then run the dxsetup. This will reinstall any possible corrupted or missing DLL.

https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=8109

Edit - Run the 32bit version of the game. Take your time reading the post in the link listed below - MWO has a bin32 and and bin64 folder. It will restrict how much memory MWO will use since it would be running in 32bit mode instead of 64bit.

https://mwomercs.com...52#entry5081152

And question.. F9 .. when playing solo queue, what does your FPS run, approx high and lows?

You can also message/report this thread and have a mod move it to the Workaround subforum so it does not get lost.

Edit 2. In this thread is a discussing about how much memory MWO uses, especially in FP. Not enough samples to give a definite answer but there "appears" to be a difference between Nvidia and AMD GPU, with some based on both GPU and game settings. This is one of the reasons I provided the link for the shortcut to launch the game into 32bit mode. Use the normal shortcut on patch days to patch the game then launch the shortcut that bypasses the patcher for the 32bit.

https://mwomercs.com...-in-fp-matches/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 02 December 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

Just to add. For many there was the Windows 10 Creators Update. It may have reset Windows settings to default.

Settings, Gaming, Disable Xbox options, especially DVR.

Also, how are you connected? Computer to modem to ISP? Is it all wired or wireless or a mix?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 02 December 2017 - 11:17 AM.

#6 pedroparsbr

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

So i had steam verify the game files twice as you suggested, all files validated on both passes.

Next i checked the HDD light during loading and noticed that indeed it stays on indefinitely when loading a FP match, when playing a normal match it just blinks as usual or stays on momentarily instead so i guess your theory about the HDD utilization going to 100% is likely correct, though i have no idea why this is happening as it works fine on other games, as an example i just spent the last 2 hours playing Planetside 2 without a single issue, also played a bit of Witcher 3 without any kind of lag or freezing.

Other than MWO i haven´t installed anything new in this HDD for at least 3 or 4 weeks, as for removing dust from all the hardware, last time i did it was 2 weeks ago, still opened up my case today again to check everything out and there was barely any dust and i haven´t noticed any increased temperatures in neither the CPU or GPU when gaming.

Other things i have tried include: Using Directx 9 instead of Directx 11, forcing the game to run the 32bit client, disabling antivirus...None of them have worked

#7 pedroparsbr

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:26 AM

So played 3 matches to get you the info about fps...

Running with video options on medium preset, on Rubellite Oasis ( twice ) and Grim Plexus.

Highest - 74
Average - 45
Lowest - 26

Kinda surprised to see how much my FPS jumps around on this game, especially considering the graphics are pretty average looking, even on max settings but i guess that´s just the way Cryengine works :P

Edited by pedroparsbr, 03 December 2017 - 12:28 AM.

#8 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:13 AM

Tarl, Is this workaround (32-bit) still applicable and valid with the most recent patch, and MWO Portal?

Edited by Jon McFuzzy, 03 December 2017 - 02:14 AM.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

View PostJon McFuzzy, on 03 December 2017 - 02:13 AM, said:

Tarl, Is this workaround (32-bit) still applicable and valid with the most recent patch, and MWO Portal?

Hai, it is. I just checked both of my shortcuts for the 32bit MWO to be sure. It bypasses the patchers, both portal and steam.

MWO used to have an option that allowed a player to chose 32bit or 64bit but eventually PGI removed that option. There are a few players though which MWO does not run satisfactory in 64bit, even if their system is 64bit w/64bit OS. Those players systems were usually considered lower end systems, both desktop or laptops.

Next i checked the HDD light during loading and noticed that indeed it stays on indefinitely when loading a FP match,

Reason I asked is that it includes the game assets is still loading. If you pop up task manager, processes, sort by memory, while loading MWO memory usage increases. Check how much gets loaded when playing Solo a few times before popping into FP.. Then if in FP/Siege it stops loading and sits there then the game crashes, memory issue and/or harddrive issues. Assets are being pulled from the harddrive but the harddrive is also receiving info being moved into the swapfile.

Question!!.. Does the issue happen in both Siege and Scout, or just Siege portion?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 03 December 2017 - 06:37 AM.

#10 LePa

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:39 AM

exact same problem.

in scout everything is ok.

Edited by LePa, 04 June 2018 - 12:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users